It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic terror cell 'may have been plotting to attack Queen'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
A terror cell caught with details of bomb-making and suicide vests may have been plotting to attack the Queen and members of the Royal family, it can be disclosed.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Could they have picked a worse target?

Thank heaven for stupid terrorists. One of these days they'll smarten up and start delivering blows to targets that matter, like water treatment plants and electrical sub-stations.

As it is, they seem pre-occupied with the same figureheads as the rest of the population. I guess that means the queen is dual purpose. She distracts her citizens from the state of the country, while functioning sort of like flaming chaff from the belly of the empire when it comes to terrorist attacks.

Go queen! Maybe Londoners can start a campaign to put life-sized cardboard cut-outs of the queen in their front yard to draw out terrorists.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

The Queen is fine in my book. She's powerless, and represents the country. Which is cool, as it means the prime minister and government doesn't. If she was killed, or even targetted, it would be a massive escalation. She's a fantastic target. Not that I condone such things - any death is digusting to me, be it Saddam Hussein's, Hitler's, or Mother Theresa's.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I just love when news media comes with such lines as "Maybe was about to plan an attack against 'insert someone famous here'"

I wonder how the media knows these kinds of things and how do they know if that particular person had intentions of doing something like they state, are the media mindreaders?

Fear and monget from the media again....

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Exactly. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these "Islamic Terrorists" couldn't organise an explosion in a bomb factory. The IRA had more success hitting small scale targets more frequently.

Given the supposed scale of islamic extremism in this country, you'd think we'd have car bombs going off in shopping centres every week and sub-stations taken down every night.

For crying out loud, if I had the inclination I could buy the ingredients for and manufacture enough explosive in a day and be out bombing by evening. Using some simple methods at avoidance and covering my tracks would mean I would unlikely be caught for some time, during which I could be causing more mayhem.

I'd also only need me to do it, rather than the islamic model of terrorism which seems to have much larger groups due to the "need" for suicide bombers. If they got rid of the notion they had to die as well, they could be much more efficient and the same determined group would be harder to track (as the bomber wouldn't be laying at the scene for all to identify) and be able to carry out many more attacks.

These dolts seem to spend 6 months "training" in some dust bowl backwater, then come to the UK to "plot" for 2 years, then get arrested without having done anything! If they really wanted to, a couple of hundred determined suicide bombers could cause havoc, but nope, they go for high value/symbolic tragets that ultimately get them caught.

Random car bombs, attacks on train stations and critical national infrastructure (The Grid, water, gas, telecoms etc) would have a much more severe impact on the country than an attempt on Her Majesty.

Not that I am condoning these bastards, but they seem to so inefficient and useless at it, it's hard to be even the slightest bit scared of them, especially after living through the 80's in NI.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
But why do some people believe there is no such thing as terrorists?
They claim it's actually the CIA.
Yet these same people say terrorists want to be our friends.
Deadly imaginary friends perhaps.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You seem to be conflating different points of view. Maybe it's your opinion, but unless you can find hoardes of people who have explicitly admitted to feeling exactly as you describe, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Terrorism is very real. Terrorists are very real. They just aren't all Muslims.

top topics

join