It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel unleashes 'skunk' on protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Israel unleashes 'skunk' on protests

www.news.com.au

THE Palestinian protesters massed at the fence expected tear gas and rubber bullets; what they got instead was a putrid yellow wind, Israel's newest weapon against West Bank demonstrators.

The noxious mist, which Israeli police refer to as "skunk," was used for the first time earlier this month, when a truck-mounted cannon sprayed it over the heads of protesters, sending them racing down the hillside, retching and tearing off their shirts to try to escape the stench.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this story has been posted or not? I don't remember reading it. Lock the thread, if it's been up here before - my apologies

That's one way to disperse a crowd, spraying them with yucky toilet-flavoured stench cloud.

Does anyone have more information about this weapon? It sure gives the name 'Skunkworks' a different twist!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
He He. They could have just blasted the bee gees at 140db. I always run when I see a skunk in close proximity. Now if they can just come up with tiny nano bees they'd be all set.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hehe good for the Israelis to develop an effective and non-lethal way to deal with protesters.Good find!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This news is funny stuff. I wonder how long it will be before this is used elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That is pretty awesome...

Deploying the skunk cannon to disperse protesters - classic.

See, now I want one for myself though. Where did they develop/purchase this 'skunk' - I need to see if a civilian version is available. I'll mount a high-pressure cannon on my porch, attached to a tank filled with the stuff, and the next time the neighborhood kids won't shut up at 3 am when my girls are trying to sleep, I'll lay it on 'em.

Bastards...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Just make sure you're standing upwind. You don't want to get caught in any blowback effects!!!

How long before it's seen controlling crowds in the USA? I wonder what health side-effects it may cause? Would a standard gas mask protect well enough to resist the skunk?

new topics

join