It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are e.t.'s from another planet or are they trans-dimensional?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
this is my first post,i haven't seen this one yet,so i thought i would ask.i have heard interviews with michio kaku and graham hancock which lead me to believe that the dimension jumpers theory is more practical for explaining some of the tougher physics questions about the seemingly erratic movements of some of the witnessed craft,or lights appearing in formation then blinking out.i think that we may have been looking at these phenomena through technological blinders,(until now?)and alot more ideas about the scope of the true state of technology are changing the way we come up with speculative and tentative hypothesis answers to these questions.is there any kind of consensus?what are some of your theories?thanks!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
SOME may be. I have studied Grahams work also. He is a brilliant mind with many unique and provocative ideas. I am not certain that ALL UFO's belong to Transdimensional beings but I certainly do keep my mind open to the possibility that SOME are.

There is a recently bumped thread with some nasa shuttle mission footage circa 1991 or so that has some object just appear out of nothingness at the very end of the video. I missed it the first time I watched it. It was one of those OMG did you see that moments. For the first time in a long time I actually got my mother to pay attention to what I was saying and consider the possibilities.

She goes home tommorow but perhaps she will go home a bit more enlightened than she was when she arrived last week.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Aliens, if they are here, have ever been here or will ever be here....could be from anywhere we can imagine, or anywhere we can't imagine I guess.

I think it is entirely possible to have aliens from other dimensions, maybe that is how galactic space travel works best, I dunno.

I forgot who said it, but someone once said something along the lines of "the universe is not only stranger than we imagine, but stranger than we can imagine" At our present state of knowledge, I believe that quote applies here.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
i think that the study of conscience and and memory maybe the last barrier that mankind needs to break before the real work can begin.it may even be related to ufo or uso sightings....what if our dimensional travelers have some kind of stance of non-interference,or maybe they are nervously watching for the moment TO interfere,like when some nutbag power players in the world elite are about to use the nuclear option...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There are E.B.E's that not only come from distand star systems but there are others that come from different dimentions, and still yet others that hail from different planes of existance.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
so i guess there is no real consensus on either theory.....does anybody know of any high profile people in the paranormal community that subscribe to one over the other?i recently read arthur c clark's ''childhoods end'',and the singularity idea kind of feeds into this thread...a little negative for my tastes though.with so many possibilities,we may be cherry-picking some of the worst(for humanity)ideas and not taking them seriously enough,leaving these ideas which are more probable than we think to swim in the realm of fantasy until some distant or not so distant day when these ideas actually come to fruition,and we have to deal with convoluted speculation to handle with the incident.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

Firstly, Welcome to ATS daeoeste! I hope your stay here is informative and enjoyable!

It's quite possible off world intelligences come from other parts of the galaxy, inter-dimensionally, a different time frame or from here - perhaps under the sea or deep in the Earth. However as seductive as it is to consider some of the more exotic theories, it's not very helpful (considering our current state of knowledge).

UFOlogy - as a movement - is already split in shards because everybody supports a different hypothesis or belief system. It's hard to agree on what we don't know for sure, therefore the possibilities are endless. All theories could be true or none at all. It remains to be seen.

Other dimensions are really just part of a new(ish) science called String Theory. And a theory it remains! I for one certainly have my reservations.

So to think of Aliens (currently unproven) coming from a place, i.e another dimension (also unproven) is like wrapping a mystery inside an enigma. It's unfalsifiable... and ultimately unhelpful... but having said that - not impossible in such a vast universe full of possibilities and surprises.

We really know only a small fraction of what's truly 'out there' but I do believe they exist, visit this planet - and have done for millennia. That's just my opinion. Where are they from? Your guess is as good as mine!

IRM

[edit on 19/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What I don't understand is how people claim to know the answer to this. You hear people all the time talking about inter-dimensional beings as if we actually know that any other dimensions but our own 4 that are habitable. Physics as we understand may allow for 11+ but it's possible that all the others are mere microns in size or otherwise completely incompatible with anything living.

We don't know that parallel universes exist either, physics tells us this isn't impossible but it doesn't tell us this is how it actually is. There's nothing making blue unicorns fundamentally impossible in our universe but no ones suggesting they actually exist.

I think it's more likely they come from far away. Just recently scientists observed photons communicating 100,000x the speed of light utilizing quantum entanglement; given a billion years I'm sure someone has translated something like this into a of usable technology.

new topics

top topics

join