It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan will battle extremism - Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Pakistan will battle extremism - Bush

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

US President George W. Bush trusts that Pakistan will remain a solid ally against Islamic extremism after President Pervez Musharraf's resignation, the White House said today.

"We're all in this together. And the people of Pakistan and the government of Pakistan know that," spokesman Gordon Johndroe said as Mr Bush spent time on his Texas ranch.

"So we're confident that while we certainly all have more to do when it comes to fighting terrorism, the government of Pakistan will continue in t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I certainly hope that Pakistan will help with the fight against terrorism.
This story in itself may seem a little mundane, but the reason I wanted to post the story is another article from the same paper on the same day states

Experts see trouble in Afghanistan

CONCERN among US foreign policy elites has shifted from Iraq to Pakistan with a majority believing it is the country most likely to pass nuclear technology to terrorists, a survey released today found.

Pakistan was named by more than half the participants as the country most likely to become the next al-Qaeda stronghold, up from 35 per cent last year.

"In addition, a large majority (69 per cent) of the experts considers Pakistan the country most likely to transfer nuclear technology to terrorists," Foreign Policy and the Centre for American Progress said in reporting the findings.

I know the MSM is often hard to swallow, but this kind of inconsistancy from one paper in one day?

Is this intentional misdirection and confusion or are they just not cross checking their stories before they are published?

My first instinct is to disregard the first story as it was quoted from Mr. Bush but you never know.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18/8/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I personally think Pakistan has more to answer for international terrorism than Iran,

they seem to be a hot bed of anger

If a nuclear weapon is ever unleashed, my money is on it being a paki-nuke..

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Pakistan itself is a ''extremist''

One look at how they threat their none-islamic minorities says enough.

new topics

top topics

join