It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky lighting up outside of Boston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I went outside to have a butt about 10 minutes ago and saw massive flashes of light outside my house which is about 20 minutes west of Boston.

It was coming from the NE of where I was and I just checked the radar and there is not a cloud in the sky. There is a little coverage in the NE but it is in New Hampshire, so lightning can not explain these flashes.

Can any members living in the same area confirm this?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I just checked www.wunderground.com... and it shows a rather heavy return 40-50 miles WNW of Boston. From your description of your location it's entirely reasonable to see flashes but to not hear thunder.

Edit: Sorry just realized you said the flashes were from the NE of you. Check the link...quick..see if it makes sense. The lightning seems to be around Concord.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I saw them too, but I'm not in boston, I'm in Dayton Ohio!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kyanther

Here's one for you. www.wunderground.com... 40¢erx=400¢ery=240&prevzoom=zoom&num=1&delay=15&scale=1&showlabels=1&smooth=0&noclutter=1&showstorms=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=1

Cool, you can select it to show lighting. I didn't know they could do that.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah it would have made sense if it was in the NW but it was definitely NE Ive seen heat lightning in the distance before but this was much brighter. Called my gf out and she was amazed.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I live in Attleboro, Ma., just south of Boston and on the R.I border. I believe it's called heat flashes. I see them towards summers end. I hope that helps a bit.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
no one else in the Boston area?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
im just out of toronto and we just had a thunder storm...

new topics

top topics

join