It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange that happened to my brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My brother works in a bearing manufacturing plant as a machine setup mechanic. About a week ago, he was adjusting a machine using a wrench, when the wrench slipped off the bolt causing him to smack the top of his wrist on the machine. He reported it to the plant nurse, but didn't pay it much attention to it after that. They gave him some kind of cream (he just told me over the phone that it's "SBS-40 Medicated Skin Cream") to put on it and he went back to work. A couple days later, he notices it's not getting any better. In fact, it's a bit worse. Fast forward a day or two to today. He wakes up this morning and goes to change his band aid. He said when he took off the band aid, something popped up out of the sore! He said what it looked like was a piece of pinestraw. I asked him how long it was and he said about an inch, maybe a little less. He went to the Dr this afternoon (his job sent him) and told him what happened. The Dr said it was probably a piece of wood and then gave him some antibiotic cream. I asked him if he took it to the Dr with him, but he said he couldn't find it. His carpet is brown so it probably blended in. I told him to look again to see if maybe he can spot it when he gets home.

The thing is, my brother doesn't work around any wood. The machine is metal. So...where did this wood (or whatever it was) come from?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That sounds like Morgellon's Syndrome, a condition that I know to be very real, but that the medical world shuns as mere delusional parasitosis.

My very good friend has it, and treatment is experimental, but possible.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Wow, thats odd... could he maybe have gotten a large splinter without knowing it and then whacked his hand on the metal where the splinter was implanted? Keep me posted on what happens with this, it sounds strange.
-Z-

join