It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy against those who believe in God.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I keep getting people who question why I degrade my thread by putting religion into it.

First of all. I don't like that word, religion. It lumps people who faithfully do good deeds because they believe God is keeping track, with those who go to church once a week and feel that they are above those who don't.

To me, everything is about God. Science, has been trying for centuries to explain Gods mysteries, and I have no problem with that.

What offends me, and I'm sure it probably offends God, is when we think we can improve on Gods design.

Like growing plants. People, for thousands of years, have carefully cultivated crops, and dealt with the bugs, and saved the seed, and have survived comfortably.

Now, science steps in and says, we know how to make a better seed, easier to grow. We will all feel the effects of that huge mistake.

And cloning cattle. What happened to the rancher who got by with careful breeding, and good feed, and caring diligently for his cattle. Now I see these lazy ranchers trying to cheat Gods system by "cloning cattle". Sorry, but to me, it's disgusting.

For thousands of years, man has flourished using what God has given us. And suddenly in the last century or two, we have made our lives more complex, more hurried, and have moved away from nature, and growing our own foods, and allowing it to rain when it rains, and dealing with the droughts as they come.

We have lost trust in God, and look towards man (governments, scientists) to solve our problems.

I am here to tell all, that we are headed on the wrong path. We have damaged our environment, poisoned our kids, and surrounded our life with things and stuff that fills the landfills, because true happiness is only found through peace and harmony with Gods will.

Now just because I've mentioned God, I will get people who literally hate me for saying it, but I say to them, we ALL pay for your ignorances.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh

Now just because I've mentioned God, I will get people who literally hate me for saying it, but I say to them, we ALL pay for your ignorances.

Right, so this is a thread about the conspiracy of those who believe in God, and you come out with the above gibberish. If you were going to engage, you would not start off by telling those of different opinion to you that they are ignorant. That is why we (and I include many God loving people in this) worry so much about the extremeties of arrogance that come out of people like you.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

I am not polluting our planet with cloud seeding (better known as chemtrails), or creating genetically modified seeds, or cloning animals, or stepping on someone else to get to the top.

If you are in the above catagory, yes, I feel, you are ruining our planet, and angering God.

You have made my point nicely with YOUR hate filled gibberish.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm not sure how I feel about cloning of animals, but as far as Botany and improving plant life I'm all for that. There are a lot of positive things that come from that like drought resistant crops and plants with more benefits to cure diseases. That's more like a gift from God. I believe God's "design" is evolution. And manipulating plants to make them better actually progresses man's evolution. Scientists are trying to improve life. We don't need to regress to the past ways of life. I believe in God, but I don't understand the conspiracy you are talking about against those who believe in God.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think the point hes trying to make, is that in some ,what could i suppose be called secular countries, the following ideas have crept into the general populace:

Atheist = Smart

Believer = Dumb

This in turn has led the "smart-athiests" to believe its ok to attack someones PoV because they try and align that point of view with their belief system.

I believe this is because most non-believers have received some poor concept of God being an old man sitting on a cloud looking down angrily at earth and telling us what to do, they dismiss this as stupid, which of course they should, but then use it as a stick with which to beat those who try and tie in their understanding of the world around them to align with their beliefs in more spiritual matters.

This is shame because in my view Science and Spirituality should go hand in hand, both are tools we have fashioned to better ourselves, so lets try and get a better grasp of it all.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by redled

I am not polluting our planet with cloud seeding (better known as chemtrails), or creating genetically modified seeds, or cloning animals, or stepping on someone else to get to the top.

If you are in the above catagory, yes, I feel, you are ruining our planet, and angering God.

You have made my point nicely with YOUR hate filled gibberish.

Pretty good stuff, so I have to disagree with one of your many assertions that these many things are bad and you accuse me of hate. And you wonder why we hate religious extremists. I'll point out the pattern.

1. You play the religion being persecuted card.
2. You come up with a load of stuff
3. We're all ignorant

4. The kicker, you list the set of things you go nuts about (I disagree with you about cloning) and I am now angering God.

5. This makes me hateful and gives you moral right to become (in the real world, physically) aggressive.

So at what point do you see that normal human beings have to defend ourselves from you? You really don't get it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
This is shame because in my view Science and Spirituality should go hand in hand, both are tools we have fashioned to better ourselves, so lets try and get a better grasp of it all.

very well put, and that is what I think most people in these fields are trying to do. And I say we've come a long way.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

And you wonder why we hate religious extremists.

First of all, I see nothing extreme in serving our Maker.

Sorry to tell you this, but we didn't crawl out of the ocean and turn into man over millions of years.

We were/are created. History keeps proving this, but people such as yourself have become so selfish in your beliefs that you couldn't possible believe there is a higher power than you, and those that hate, hate, hate.

I am slow to anger, but I am not meek.

What will happen will be that mankind has to come to the final war. The war between those who invent and create to come up with better ways to harm each other, to be better than God, and those that serve a higher purpose, a higher power.

There are those who can accept that God has a plan for us, and sometimes that involves sacrifice and pain.

It's like putting money into a savings account, when it hurts to do so.

But the savings account I'm talking about is the collective soul, something I'm sure you may not be able to comprehend.

I've succumb to the fact that some people will continue until their egos run themselves, their friend, family straight into the ground, trying to take the rest of us with you.

Well, I'm not going without a fight.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

You are very condescending for someone who claims to be on the path to God. Your judgment is just a little hazy. So far I haven't seen anyone in this thread spewing hate, hate, hate. As far as I'm concerned God gave man Freewill to chose how man would live his life. That would be the whole point in experience, knowledge, and understanding. Nobody is attacking you for believing in God. A lot of wars are fought because of different perspectives of God. As long as one is aware of his/her own spiritual evolution I think they'll be fine.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What offends me, and I'm sure it probably offends God, is when we think we can improve on Gods design.

Having the arrogance to think you may know what "offends" God, or what God's "designs" are, is in itself, a clear indication that you have completely missed the mark on what the omniscience of God actually means.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by astralprogger

You are right. I am fed up.

How many billions of $ and time was spent trying to "map our DNA" so that we may produce people who are better, more like someone whom we consider normal.

How much money and time have we spent exploring space, when millions go to bed hungry every night because of our arrogance.

Who can build the tallest, the biggest, the smallest, the fastest?

And you call ME extreme.

I am the truth. The truth isn't always easy to accept, and it will anger many people. But it is the truth.

We have angered God, and we are going to feel his wrath because we are just too arrogant.

Keep that in mind when you are begging for relief.

Keep living your comfortable lives, forgetting about those in need, even looking down on them as if you are above them. Be ready for them, to step on you, with Gods blessing. Be ready to witness hell on earth.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I am the truth.

At that point you need to see a doctor.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

I am the Parakletos.

#23.

There are 22 matching pairs of chromosomes, and # 23 decides if your beginning as man or woman

There are 22 chapters in Revelations. 23 and its over.

There are 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet. 23 is beyond the end.

There are 22 tarot cards. Twenty three has not been experienced.

I am the end, and the beginning.

But you laugh it up. All is recorded, and all comes back to haunt you.

You hurt with your words, because you are empty inside.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Keep living your comfortable lives, forgetting about those in need, even looking down on them as if you are above them.

So stifle it....get off the Internet and go do something about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

ok this is getting a little ridiculus.
seems like you have more enemies than friends. maybe it's time for an attitude adjustment, like being positive?

[edit on 18-8-2008 by astralprogger]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I am not here to make friends, but bring an end to peace on earth.

PARAKLETOS: A Greek Word for Holy Spirit

16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you
another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of Truth; Whom the world cannot
receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him:
but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be
in you (Bible, Gospel of John 14:16-17 KJV).

When Jesus spoke this to His disciples, He was referring to the third
Person of the Godhead that completes the Holy Trinity: God the Holy Spirit.
The Greek word in verse 16 that is translated as "Comforter" in the King
James Bible is "Parakletos." Jesus was saying that He would send another
Person Who was exactly like Himself, the "allos Parakletos," God the Holy
Spirit:

... in 1 Jn. 2:1, Christ is termed our substitutionary, intercessory
Advocate. Christ designates the Holy Spirit as Paraclete (Jn. 14:16),
and He calls Him allos ... another, which means another of equal
quality and not heteros ... another of a different quality. Therefore,
the Holy Spirit is designated by Jesus Christ as equal with Himself,
God ... The Holy Spirit is called a Paraclete because He undertakes
Christ's office in the world while Christ is away from the world as
the God-Man. He is also called the Paraclete because He acts as
Christ's substitute on Earth ...
www.tribulation.com...

Trials and tribulation begin.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

First of all. I don't like that word, religion. It lumps people who faithfully do good deeds because they believe God is keeping track, with those who go to church once a week and feel that they are above those who don't.

re·li·gion
Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn]
–noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Notice how the definition says "usually" when talking about rituals. They do this because religion doesn't always require rituals. You should take up your beef with the dictionary, not the people who use it.

Whether you go to church or not doesn't
To me, everything is about God. Science, has been trying for centuries to explain Gods mysteries, and I have no problem with that.

Science tries to explain the unknown. You are applying your own belief system to someone else's work. A lot of people would be offended by that, and rightly so.

This makes an assumption that god exists and experiences emotions like humans. It is my personal belief that a benevolent being wouldn't get angry at his/her children for trying to survive and make the world a better and easier place to live. Then again, it is my personal belief that god doesn't exist in any active form. When you use rational thinking, logic, and a healthy dose of skepticism, you find out that god means a lot of things to a lot of people. More specifically, there have been well over three thousand different gods believed in at various points in history, and probably hundreds of gods right now. It is illogical to think that someone who is gregarious would spread so many different beliefs, ranging from human sacrifice to believing that a man and his son came from a giants foot and woman from his armpits (norse mythology).

Like growing plants. People, for thousands of years, have carefully cultivated crops, and dealt with the bugs, and saved the seed, and have survived comfortably.

Now, science steps in and says, we know how to make a better seed, easier to grow. We will all feel the effects of that huge mistake.

You probably don't know this, but everything we eat has changed because of genetic manipulation by humans before they even knew what science was. Plants like carrots, wheat, and corn are much different in their wild state. For instance, carrots come from a plant called Queen Anne's Lace which was changed over thousands of years by those who decided it was a worthwhile investment to cultivate the plant.

The only difference between then and now is we can manually select which genes we want to use so we can have plants that have a higher yield, are disease resistant, have more nutrients, contain vaccines, etc. If we feel any effects, they will be good because of those things we can do. People were improving on nature long before any modern religion existed, and we will continue to do so into the future for the benefit of mankind.

You can apply what I said there directly to the cattle comment. Knowing what genes make a good cow can help us get more out of them, and we can then propagate that trait. We were doing it well before modern religion existed through selective breeding, and we will continue to do so in the future, just like with plants.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So much to type and so little space....meh I think I will keep it short

It's such an awful thing to work on better and more food for our growing population.

Can I buy some of your omnipotence? I got some big things I have been wondering about

but I say to them, we ALL pay for your ignorances.

Can I also buy some of what makes you infallible and our judge?

First of all, I see nothing extreme in serving our Maker.

Not at all. I do however see something wrong with the millions upon millions that have died in his name

We were/are created. History keeps proving this

I would like you to do something nobody else has yet. I am DEAD serious when I am not joking. Please show me the tangible concrete proof that this happened.

I've succumb to the fact that some people will continue until their egos run themselves, their friend, family straight into the ground, trying to take the rest of us with you.

I will be happy to point out several personal and non-personal examples of Christians doing this as well

How much money and time have we spent exploring space, when millions go to bed hungry every night because of our arrogance.

And how much again have we spent giving to priests who go and buy cars and huge churches when these same kids go to bed hungry? I think God would be happy if you worshipped from a cardboard box

I am the truth. The truth isn't always easy to accept, and it will anger many people. But it is the truth

Truth is subjective in abstract ideas. God still hasn't been proven yet

Keep living your comfortable lives, forgetting about those in need, even looking down on them as if you are above them. Be ready for them, to step on you, with Gods blessing. Be ready to witness hell on earth

Seeing as I already am very safe in the end I will continue to do so as long as you promise to keep living your arrogant life.

I am not here to make friends, but bring an end to peace on earth

Sooooo you want to END peace??? Wild man. Well anyway it's been fun talking with you. I will come back once you have answered.

Just FYI...you are not a deity or anything more special than the rest of us.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I think the point hes trying to make, is that in some ,what could i suppose be called secular countries, the following ideas have crept into the general populace:

Atheist = Smart

Believer = Dumb

Meanwhile the rest of the non-Christians religions seem to notice this creeping in

Believer = Perfect/untouchable

Athiest/Pagan/non-Christian = Doomed

That is so arrogant in my eyes to condemn others when NONE of this has been proven yet. I am not saying YOU specifically are doing it but it happens

-Kyo

top topics

join