It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Hunger Strike to Restore Constitutional Order Commences in U.S. Capital

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What if the protestors showed up with ski masks or bandannas to hide their faces so the police couldn't foto ID them. What if this was done at Denver. What would the police do.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
A hunger strike is a big joke! Think about it! The government wants us to die!! It would help them with population control, so if we starve ourselves to death, we are only helping their cause... We are becoming communist! The constitution is a thing of the past. Better get some unregistered guns before they come to take them all away.... A one world government is coming to take over!!! Remember the Boston Tea Party? We need another one...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

[color=limegreen]I dont!, I have absolutley no respect for a man, who laughs in the face of people standing up for their rights!

Yet he is in the same boat. Your goverment, is not here to proctect your freedom! cant you see things slowly slipping away from you?

They wouldn't bat an eyelid say, if you were killed in a mass bombing, but know that they have no choice but to do something!. to prove that they are here to comfort you, and to keep you safe from the big bad world...for now!

The time will come when you wish that you had done something, to fight the machine. Even something that seems as small as a hunger strike, or as large as,a digital protest,orginised internet attacks against all the goverment networked computors,hacking wifi,telephones, exposing all there dirty little secrets,BUt no.. .

If only people had payed more attention to what was REALLY going on, if only you weren't stuck in your own little world that has been created just for you.
high speed internet, super high tech gaming consoles, HIGH DEFINITON!(What was wrong with my old tv? did we feel like it was something missing? no?, but now "I can't keep away from it!, it's amazing! Unaware that perfectly good brain cells are dying off in their thousands) 1000's of channels on your tv, which people will happly sit watching for hours on end, fast food:2000 calories for a meal!. they are control mechanisms, cant you see!

The matrix has you....so to speak

I am not to clear whether you talking to him or me.

If you are talking to him, then I back you up because I agree with you

If your talking to me then you are preaching to the choir

as for respect

it is a lack of respect for people that got us all in this mess in the first place

I will not exasperate it by adding my own to it as that will only perpetuate it.

peace

Edit: PS I really like your sig

[edit on 20/8/2008 by _Heretic]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by _Heretic

I was replying to scorched earth's

If a bunch of morons want to starve themselves out in my yard, they are welcome to do so. I would have no problem stepping over their rotting carcasses on my way to the mailbox.

Other peoples opinions mean nothing to me, so if some think I am a villian, then so be it. Hell, I'd even bbq right out there next to the hunger strikees just for comedy purposes. Lets really put their will to a test and see how long they can stand being next to my tasty meat.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Scorched Earth]

If he wants to walk around like many others with there fingers in their ears, then fine. Just dont, come asking my help surviving. Time is now to make preparations for the worst outcome,or to fight.

and thanks
, Your avatar is pretty cool, kanji? i dont know what it means but the colour sceme is spot on

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

If he wants to walk around like many others with there fingers in their ears, then fine. Just dont, come asking my help surviving. Time is now to make preparations for the worst outcome,or to fight.

and thanks
, Your avatar is pretty cool, kanji? i dont know what it means but the colour sceme is spot on

many thanks friend, it is basic Chinese for "truth" but I stretched it vertically for effect and it created a slight tilt to it

it does look like kanji doesn't it? HAH! good eye

and as for scorched...

heated words from an unhealed soul IMHO

I seriously doubt he would do such a thing, people like that are not forum posters, they are stalkers and serial killers

I believe he is more prepared for the coming days than most people by osmosis alone

whether or not this hunger strike works will depend more on the relief forces than those who start it. It could go on for years if people work in shifts

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The last time something like this made an effect was with M.Ghandi and his disciples!

So a bunch of breatharians get together to affect change? They should educate themselves and then LOBBY for what they feel is right.

That many people could send several representatives to Harvard or Yale and push their candadate through to become part of the solution on Capitol Hill.

This whole plan took hundreds of years to fullfill, it is not going to go away in the time it takes a human to starve to death.

They should bring lions in cages along with them and threaten to jump into the cages in a week if things dont change, afterall thats a memorable way for martyers to die right? Still after 2500 years people remember the lions dens, but whos going to remember a few people starving for a cause?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Well, come on. Seriously? You *think* that they are going to care if a bunch of morons sit around not eating?

I would have to say the ones that are laughing are laughing somewhat nervously bc there are retards buying into this idiotic idea.

The founding fathers did not say when the government becomes corrupt to go sit around washington d.c. and starve yourself.

It is laughable at best... punishable at worst. I am embarrassed for all those who think this is a good idea.

YOu are going to go inflict discomfort onto YOUR body to try to make THEM listen to YOU. You aren't hurting them. YOu are hurting yourself.

Morons

Edited to change "ppl" to "retards" bc come on... you don't get much more retarded than this. There are "mentally challenged" kids who have come up with better ideas than this.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Oh great, now the government will be creating a makeshift prison for the protesters in some D.C. warehouse.

The Fourth Reich is reving Her engines.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

lol an armed revolution. Are you old enough to own a gun? because by your childish posts I would guess not. Read Sun Tzu's "Art of War" it would be a complete waste of time and human life to try and fight the govt with weapons. There are plenty of relatively peaceful ways we can win but I don't think speaking about it online is the best idea

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."
-Sun Tzu

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I'm sorry Justamomma because I have seen you around ATS and you always have great, insightful things to say but I DO NOT agree with you even an iota of a percent. The goal of a hunger strike is not to make the politicians/leaders feel bad for us lol it is all about attention. Sure it's not the most EFFECTIVE way to get that attention but its a step in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
The last time something like this made an effect was with M.Ghandi and his disciples!

So a bunch of breatharians get together to affect change? They should educate themselves and then LOBBY for what they feel is right.

While I agree with your post as a method of creating change.

I would like to point out that Ghandi was a sophisticated and westernized lawyer, yet he still chose the path he did. And here we are still talking about his achievements decades later.

There is no path to peace. Peace IS the path.
- Mahatma Gandhi

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I agree that the cause is just but the hunger strike is kind of pointless. The only way a hunger strike works is if people are truly committed and start dying or getting sick because they haven't eaten. Not that that is a good idea at all but I'm saying that they know that they WILL eat something eventually. They know they aren't going to die for the cause. But it would send an incredibly strong message if they did.

I remember in the 60's, not that I was alive then but I've seen it, they had thousands of people protesting at a time. I remember the million man march. It's numbers like that that get attention. A few hundred gets you no where.

it's sad that with the cost of travel people can't gather for the events they wish to attend. Makes me wonder if that's a back door way for them to limit our freedom of movement, which is part of the human rights doctrine. Make travel expensive. Make wages stagnant so that people who live paycheck to paycheck (which is a heck of a lot) not willing to even miss out on a few days of work.

I know that here in my city they are promoting big time what they are calling a "staycation". They are telling people to just stay home on their vacations. Spend your money here to support the local economy. You don't need to ever leave your wonderful city. We know your poor. We know times are hard. Why don't you buy a baseball ticket. Go see a play at the theater. You don't need to travel the country.... It's ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

Ok, so the goal of this "starving ourselves" protest is to bring WORLD WIDE ATTENTION and yet there are millions starving NOT by choice around the world. This seems like the spoiled brat approach and since this is being done to gain the attention of the WORLD... I still remain embarrassed considering all those around the world who are NOT starving themselves by choice to get their way.

If my child were to protest me by "not eating" they wouldn't get very far. I would allow them to not eat and suffer the consequences of their retarded behaviour and not budge on my stance. The government considers itself our parent and we have allowed for this. Starving ourselves is just filling the role of spoiled child throwing a fit. It is immature... not a brave and proud gesture in the least.

I am all for doing things the "big boy" way... this is not even close. What is the big boy way? Those who laid out the constitution that is supposedly being starved for laid it out simply... and starving oneself was never in the plan.

Hell, at the very least we could think up some other mature way of changing things.

Be the change you want to see

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My Neighbour died while hunger striking.

Hiss name was Bobby Sands, he died protesting Internment and H-Block in Northern Ireland.

It won't work in America. You're all screwed.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I do see your point of view and as I said in my last post a hunger strike is definitely not the most effective way to protest. I am not some mindless spoiled child sitting at home naive to the starving children all around the world it completely breaks my heart. But a hunger strike IMO could possibly work if the right amount of people showed up. The U.S. Govt' would not want other country's around the world seeing this so called "Democracy" causing so much discourse that it led to a hunger strike. It's not about people actually starving themselves, its about the reasons for them doing it. Again just so I can be clear I do respect what you say and find you to be VERY intelligent and well informed.

By the way Radiohead rocks

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Trustnoone1987]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The point of this strike is simple, and it is defiantly not a wasted effort. I in no way am saying this will work, but some of you are arguing baseless points as if this hunger strike is to get the attention of those people whom we know would never respond.

A hunger strike is a method of non-violent resistance or pressure in which participants fast as an act of political protest, or to provoke feelings of guilt in others, usually with the objective to achieve a specific goal, such as a policy change. Most hunger strikers will take liquids but not solid food. A hunger strike cannot be effective if the fact that it is being undertaken is not publicized so as to be known by the people who are to be impressed, concerned or embarrassed by it. Hunger strikes have sometimes been forcibly ended through the use of force-feeding.

Wiki

There is a rich history of hunger strikes and their effects. They can be found at the Wiki source if you would like to research them.

The We The People Foundation have stated this:

They began their mass hunger strike to draw worldwide attention to the fact that the Government of the United States of America has not only been flagrantly violating its own Constitution, it now refuses to respond or even acknowledge the People's Petitions for Redress of these Grievances despite the fact the Constitution requires the Government to do so

The pressure these people put on the GOV doesn't come from the people or even the protest. It is the publicity, international publicity to be exact.

How many times have we seen the USA in the last 30 years come out and criticize the civil liberty issues of another nations due to negative publicity in the international press.

It effects trade and negotiations. It comes into play in many arenas of the geopolitical construct.

Considering the current geopolitical status this could go in any direction. I bet my noodles it will go somewhere other than unnoticed, unless those involved, or those who do not get involved allow it to fail.

Its about time the world sees that we are fighting back against our GOV instead of accepting the loss of our liberties because we don't want to give up our comfort.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
it's sad that with the cost of travel people can't gather for the events they wish to attend.reply to post by nunya13

I agree it is sad about travel, but really and truly there's no need and there's no need for hunger strikes etc.

Ghandi most definately had the right idea, however I dont think US citizenzs realise how powerful they are and how greater an effect they could have by employing this method and building on it.

US citizens should make a decision once and for all to "FIRE THEIR EMPLOYEES THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION".

Doing anything on a weekend is hedging bets, it's sending the wrong message, it's basically saying we can't do anything during the week because the people that control our lives would penalise us financially.

If all US citizens said F*** it enogh is enough and stayed home from work on a monday , what's the very worst that could happen to them?

The people who rely on the citizen slave labour would shiite themselves, they could get riot control ready they could get the national guard ready, but if that's all people ar doing is going to the park etc what is there to respond to?

Even if only half the population stayed home from work for one day it would bring the power brokers to their knees.

A simple analogy - If no one turned up for work at every wal mart for just one day, how many Billions of dollars would they lose ?
Would Wal Mart for example rather run the risk of losing Billions of dollars on a regular basis or would it use its financial clout to help you "FIRE" the bush administration?

Thats just one company, what if no one could get on a plane becaus there were no airport staff? Look up what happened to terminal 16 at Heathrow check out the fiasco that occured , with a "MANAGEMENT" cock up.

How difficult would it be to get to wall street with no transport? no telephone operators, no one to attend the fuel pumps?

Whats the worst thing that could happen to the individual if he or she said F*** them I'm taking the day off to fire "MY EMPLOYEES the Bush administration".

Well your government could ah hum , lets see NOTHING! you just fired them .

What about your employer, could they actually fire you for taking a day off? would their entire company be fired? The chances are that your boss couldnt get to work because you braught the country to a standstill.

Ah! but you could lose a days pay !
People ! You are losing your Liberties your freedom your country your health and in some cases your lives to a self appointed Mafia who are bleeding you for every last penny.

The minute you stop the dollars circulating thats when the shiit hits the fan,
so what do you stand to lose verses what you have to gain

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

Ok, so the goal of this "starving ourselves" protest is to bring WORLD WIDE ATTENTION and yet there are millions starving NOT by choice around the world. This seems like the spoiled brat approach and since this is being done to gain the attention of the WORLD... I still remain embarrassed considering all those around the world who are NOT starving themselves by choice to get their way.

If my child were to protest me by "not eating" they wouldn't get very far. I would allow them to not eat and suffer the consequences of their retarded behaviour and not budge on my stance. The government considers itself our parent and we have allowed for this. Starving ourselves is just filling the role of spoiled child throwing a fit. It is immature... not a brave and proud gesture in the least.

I am all for doing things the "big boy" way... this is not even close. What is the big boy way? Those who laid out the constitution that is supposedly being starved for laid it out simply... and starving oneself was never in the plan.

Hell, at the very least we could think up some other mature way of changing things.

Be the change you want to see

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vertol

Maybe they should pour gasoline on themselves !

At 5 bucks a gallon....no one can afford to do that!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Heretic

A hunger strike is a method of non-violent resistance or pressure in which participants fast as an act of political protest, or to provoke feelings of guilt in others, usually with the objective to achieve a specific goal, such as a policy change. Most hunger strikers will take liquids but not solid food. A hunger strike cannot be effective if the fact that it is being undertaken is not publicized so as to be known by the people who are to be impressed, concerned or embarrassed by it. Hunger strikes have sometimes been forcibly ended through the use of force-feeding.

Wiki

"To provoke feelings of guilt in others"

This is what we as parents call the "whining approach." It is ineffective bc it is, in essence, is saying "Look at poor me... I am hungry and I want you to give in to me so that I can eat."

BLEH!!
You are denying reality. Why should ANYONE feel guilty when you are inflicting the distress upon yourself. If you want something YOU need to make it happen. Starving yourself is STILL trying to get someone else to do it for you through guilt... In other words, whining through your actions.

Lets think about this, shall we? Or at least let me do the thinking for you and you just read along and nod your head.

What do you think would have happened if our founding fathers laid down their guns, sat on their arses, and said "Mama England, listen. All we want is for you to let us make the choices in our own lives and keep what we have rightfully earned. We made up this contract documenting the kind of system we want to live over here in this new land with out subjecting ourselves to you. Until you GIVE us what we want, we aren't going to eat."

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

And YOU all want to embarrass yourselves on the world stage??? Mark my words.. Take notes if you must.. I want this documented and pulled up down the line just so I can laugh at you retards! Ready for this?

THIS WILL NOT EVEN MAKE A DENT IN RESTORING THE CONSTITUTION. You will only be making Americans look more spoiled, ridiculous, and UNWORTHY of freedoms PERIOD!!

They will NOT give you what you want and they will laugh at you along with the rest of the world. Freedom CANNOT and most certainly WILL NOT *EVER* be given to you particularly through "whining." It is something you must at the VERY least work for .. most likely at this point, if you want the right to live your life as laid out in the consitution you will have to fight for it.

I am stunned by some of your idiocy... YOu are not starving yourself for some GREAT cause to humanity... You are starving yourself because you want the constitution to be followed and that benefits YOU!! NO one else in the world is gonna give a flying fock as to what we want especially when you are starving yourself. IT is an insult to those who ARE starving and it is a disgrace to what this country stands for. PURE AND SIMPLE.

Prove otherwise. You can't and you won't. You will all go home, they will send you home, or you will be thrown "into your room" until your behaviour improves.. but it will do NOTHING other than turn the world off even more to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join