It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Hunger Strike to Restore Constitutional Order Commences in U.S. Capital

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Why not use methods that actually work?

I'd laugh if someone told me they were going on a hunger strike in protest of something I did. Hell,let them starve, doesnt bother me at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Considering some of the actresses these days, the idea seems laughable at best.

Try the bolemic approach.. I bet they would REALLY take notice then

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

That's all very well and fine. You're certainly entitled to your opinion (as is everyone) - but instead of poo-poo'ing a method, why not offer an alternative solution?

Perhaps if you all put your heads together, brainstormed a plethora of affirmative actions that could achieve a commonly desired goal, something positive could come out of it.

Just a thought ...

IRM

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Lets be realistic here.

The only viable solution is an armed revolution, but such things arent to be talked about in public

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
stupid! your talking about what happened on september 17th?! ... when today we have august 20th?! whut???

pics are clearly made up ... am I getting something wrong here ???

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth

Why not use methods that actually work?

I'd laugh if someone told me they were going on a hunger strike in protest of something I did. Hell,let them starve, doesnt bother me at all.

now THIS is a valid question that I think deserves an answer

if a group of people were to park their butts on your front lawn in a hunger strike to protest of the paint job on your house, which they consider to be bad for the neighborhood, then you could laugh and scoff of course

but what if your neighbors didn't want all the media and spin doctors filming and watching not only your every move, but theirs too - hoping to get the "scoop" news story on their views despite what yours are.

you could ignore all this of course but eventually everyone would turn on you and they will begin to apply any pressure they can on you to do something to change the situation that has become unbearable to them, regardless of your ideals.

You would be forced to fight a battle against what is now a much greater adversary, or comply

or get comfortable with your ugly house on international television 3 nights a week as the media paints you as a villain until you cave

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by _Heretic

If a bunch of morons want to starve themselves out in my yard, they are welcome to do so. I would have no problem stepping over their rotting carcasses on my way to the mailbox.

Other peoples opinions mean nothing to me, so if some think I am a villian, then so be it. Hell, I'd even bbq right out there next to the hunger strikees just for comedy purposes. Lets really put their will to a test and see how long they can stand being next to my tasty meat.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Scorched Earth]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

If a bunch of morons want to starve themselves out in my yard, they are welcome to do so. I would have no problem stepping over their rotting carcasses on my way to the mailbox.

Other peoples opinions mean nothing to me, so if some think I am a villian, then so be it. Hell, I'd even bbq right out there next to the hunger strikees just for comedy purposes. Lets really put their will to a test and see how long they can stand being next to my tasty meat.

And I respect that fully

Fortunately world governments do not have this advantage that you have for showing no concern for others

they have to at least pretend

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
Well, while it sounds like a good idea in theory.. I'm with Burdmann on this one:
I fail to see any logic to a hunger strike, even for this cause.

Is there a shortage of hungry people here in the US? Frankly, I thought that there are plenty of citizens who are under-fed due rising food costs, (money/diet) to crappy non-nourishing fast food eateries that we frequent, (convenience/money/diet) and there are probably many more examples, end result: People here are still hungry, nothing changes.

The economy is bad enough here, some people are probably weighing that 1.75 gallon of gas to get to work with their next meal in the drive through, and that my friends is a sad thing to say but probably not too far from the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I think some sort of peaceful protest could possibly go a long way to making a point, and I would be in agreement with something peaceful but as said.. unless there was a stadium of starving masses broadcast live on television, it would be just that... starving masses. Doing a pretty good job without them, methinks.

But, if ya wanna, FYI it is known that the human body can survive for a week or so without food (depending on health and other variables) and I'm hungry for change too... I just don't see it working in this context this day and age.

my C02
T Minus

21 days without food. But after 14 you cannot restart the digestive system, so death is pretty much assured. Many protesters use juice fasts which can go on for months, they simply survive on vitamin fortified fruit juice, no solids.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Aren't you guys a constitutional republic? Not a democracy as such?

Anyway.. good on them for having the guts as patriots to go out there and stick it to the man!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Americans not eating?...
But really like others have said this wont make a difference,even protesting like this probably wouldnt do much....but you would get the message across that you were dedicated to the cause...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
Americans not eating?...
But really like others have said this wont make a difference,even protesting like this probably wouldnt do much....but you would get the message across that you were dedicated to the cause...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Lethil]

excellent point

proving that they are dedicated to the cause could be all they are trying to prove

but that is just one interpretation

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
I'm sorry to say this wont do any thing but make a few people hungry

The American government don't care about the homeless people on the street who go with out food for days so a few people going on a hunger strike it not going to achieve anything

The only way you will get any thing out of the Government is by Hundreds of thousands of people in one spot jumping up and down

[edit on 18-8-2008 by duffster]

sounds very ignorant. sorry.

you have to see this a s a very strong democratic sign.
the gov´t is afraid of informed, intelligent, free-thinkin´ citizens.
what you then do with further political steps, is another question.

greets

[edit on 20-8-2008 by anti72]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Lets be realistic here.

The only viable solution is an armed revolution, but such things arent to be talked about in public

stupid.

-they have better weapons.
-you will loose everything (and life).

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I will be praying for the success of this action softening the hard hearts of Government.
I hope that dissatisfied citizens, though not present in body, will draw attention to this event and seek to have local newspapers cover the event and make local comments about it.
A Government that lies to its populace wherefrom it derives its just powers, is by default not a legitimate government of the people, by the poeple or for the people.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The only way we can make a big change is if 40,000 odd people turn up to drag the president,Kicking and screaming(and oh boy! will he be screaming) ,and to seize control of the whitehouse. Also hang the people responsible for war crimes/blatently breaking the constitution from the trees at the the whitehouse.

The Goverment should be afraid of the people, not the other way around, imagine if 20million americans armed with shotguns,snipers,and even pots and pans decided that enough was enough. They would have no choice, they would be powerless, fight back!. Revolution!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Lets be realistic here.

Wow, that's a bit of a low-brow solution Scorched Earth. Surely you can't be serious! Perhaps living in a country like Afghanistan, Zimbabwe or some Banana Republic would suit you better than a civilized one? Or perhaps give you more of an appreciation for your own. Is that really the kind of world you want to live in?

You have a lot of hatred and violence inside you. A sad and uneducated solution there bud!

IRM

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Heretic

And I respect that fully

Fortunately world governments do not have this advantage that you have for showing no concern for others

they have to at least pretend

peace

[color=limegreen]I dont!, I have absolutley no respect for a man, who laughs in the face of people standing up for their rights!

Yet he is in the same boat. Your goverment, is not here to proctect your freedom! cant you see things slowly slipping away from you?

They wouldn't bat an eyelid say, if you were killed in a mass bombing, but know that they have no choice but to do something!. to prove that they are here to comfort you, and to keep you safe from the big bad world...for now!

The time will come when you wish that you had done something, to fight the machine. Even something that seems as small as a hunger strike, or as large as,a digital protest,orginised internet attacks against all the goverment networked computors,hacking wifi,telephones, exposing all there dirty little secrets,BUt no.. .

If only people had payed more attention to what was REALLY going on, if only you weren't stuck in your own little world that has been created just for you.
high speed internet, super high tech gaming consoles, HIGH DEFINITON!(What was wrong with my old tv? did we feel like it was something missing? no?, but now "I can't keep away from it!, it's amazing! Unaware that perfectly good brain cells are dying off in their thousands) 1000's of channels on your tv, which people will happly sit watching for hours on end, fast food:2000 calories for a meal!. they are control mechanisms, cant you see!

The matrix has you....so to speak

[edit on 20-8-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Have I missed something here?
It says it 'BEGAN on Sept 17th 2008' and that the people 'GATHERED'?
Its still only August ( the 8th month of the year) people. Unless time has changed since I've been out to lunch?
If people want to try and change a Government for the better shouldn't they at least try to get their facts right first?
And I simply love the photo op'ed pictures, that really add credability to the cause.

[edit on 20/8/08 by DataWraith]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Try reading the actual article, before contributing

here it is again clicky

[edit on 20-8-2008 by monkeybus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join