Mass Hunger Strike to Restore Constitutional Order Commences in U.S. Capital

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
An assembly gathering several thousand people, optimistically a hundred thousand will have an impact. It will inform world government that the people of the USA are attempting to redress a grievance. Only three percent of the then American population were actively involved in the Revolutionary War. It does not take a majority of free men to cause a revolution it just takes a certain number of Brave men to do this. It will bring to the forefront of international attention a growing issue here in the USA, that of discontent and dissatisfaction. The remainder of world leaders will certainly discuss this among themselves and perhaps pick sides so to say between the Government and the citizens of the USA. There will certainly be interrogatories in certain international leaders circles about "What are you guys going to do about this problem?" Questioning the GOvt. of the USA. I do believe that those responsible think they have gotten away with 911. However my ear is on the ground and I do not believe that to be the case as of yet. There will probably be lots of support from common people from all over the world. In fact covertly US citizens have sent money to revolutionary factions in years past for support, as well as arms and supplies. Like the IRA, Cubans, to name a few.
The attention that I think will be paid is pressure from other world leaders upon the US government.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Things like this do work. Look at the civil rights movement.

The pressure these people put on the GOV doesn't come from the people or even the protest. It is the publicity, international publicity to be exact.

How many times have we seen the USA come out and criticize the civil liberty issues of another nation due to negative publicity in the international press.

It effects trade and negotiations. It comes into play in many arenas of the geopolitical construct.

History shows that change can be brought about this way as long as no one gives the authorities any reason to break it up.

The longer it lasts, the more people join in, the more effect this will have.

Its about time the world sees that we are fighting back against our GOV instead of accepting the loss of our liberties because we don't want to give up our comfort.

Great Thread - S & F

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Excellent...count me in!

thank you so much for sharing this...

www.kucinich.us...

www.nesara.us...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think i will be there! Finally a chance to protect the constitution. I hope to see many ATSers there! We really need to make an impact

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ghandi was successful doing it alone. It is not the number but the international publicity. Unfortunately there will be little or no publicity. A million would be a critical mass, the media could not ignore. One Hundred thousand would get honorable mention, with discrediting disinformation added.

If you want to contribute, the people of this site are far better at information exchange than most. Get the information onto sites world wide. Flood chat rooms and news commentarys and make it known that it is being suppressed. A campaign to show suppression in the US would be far more effective than the hunger strike itself. You are more valuable than you know. Organize an internet shout out about the hunger strike, and the suppression. Give China something to poke Bush in the eye about.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
And isnt it the best of ways to lose those extra pounds?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well, while it sounds like a good idea in theory.. I'm with Burdmann on this one:
I fail to see any logic to a hunger strike, even for this cause.

Is there a shortage of hungry people here in the US? Frankly, I thought that there are plenty of citizens who are under-fed due rising food costs, (money/diet) to crappy non-nourishing fast food eateries that we frequent, (convenience/money/diet) and there are probably many more examples, end result: People here are still hungry, nothing changes.

The economy is bad enough here, some people are probably weighing that 1.75 gallon of gas to get to work with their next meal in the drive through, and that my friends is a sad thing to say but probably not too far from the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I think some sort of peaceful protest could possibly go a long way to making a point, and I would be in agreement with something peaceful but as said.. unless there was a stadium of starving masses broadcast live on television, it would be just that... starving masses. Doing a pretty good job without them, methinks.

But, if ya wanna, FYI it is known that the human body can survive for a week or so without food (depending on health and other variables) and I'm hungry for change too... I just don't see it working in this context this day and age.

my C02
T Minus

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
[url=http://www.givemeliberty.org/RTPLawsuit/SignPetitions.htm]
1. The Iraq invasion in violation of the war powers clauses.
2. The Federal Reserve System’s violation of the money clauses.
3. The USA Patriot Act’s violation of the privacy clauses.
4. The direct taxes on labor in violation of the tax clauses.
5. The gun control laws in violation of the Second Amendment.
6. The failure to enforce immigration laws in violation of the
“faithfully execute clause.”
7. The construction of a "North American Union" without constitutional
authority.

This is an interesting list as it points out how both the left and right have a stake in bringing our government back to listen to the people and uphold the Constitution upon which this great nation is founded. It is my opinion that it benefits some people to keep the partisian bickering going as it makes us polarized and unable to work together toward common goals.

Stand up for FREEDOM.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Look for outspoken truth seeker Gary Franchi. This guy really wants to help, I know from personal experience he and the good people he works with are aware of the problems and mistakes and failures of previous movements towards getting shnizzle done in Washington.

This is going to come down to timing and just a little more fine tuning in the overall message, but it would be nice to have a major breakthrough in these demonstrations.

Maybe I need to get involved.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I agree with what you just posted and it is the reason I refrained from making jokes about these people. The fact that they had the wherewithall to include defense of the 2nd amendment, failure to enforce immigration laws, the NAU, and taxation issues in there actually makes me believe these folks really are doing this to defend the Constitution and not just for grandstanding and attention whoring. Mind you, I still don't believe that the Iraq war or the Patriot Act violate the Constitution (particularly not the Iraq war as COngress gave the thumbs up for the war regardless of them doing or not doing their homework prior.) But as they seem to have more good intentions than misguided ones, I'd love to see them succeed.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
quote "I post this because I think people in other countries should have the opportunity to see that the US Government is not acting the way American People demand...So if other people, believing this commonly-held misconception, want to argue with you about America you can tell them that the American People themselves are not the ones committing the worldwide atrocities they see in your news media...We don't all fall asleep in front of the TV. Speaking of TV, you can also point out that even the American MSM tries to keep events like this from widespread broadcast, in order to keep our own people as ignorant as possible" unquote.

hunger strike to protect your 'constitution' hhhmmm
seems strange to me though if ppl feel that strongly for protecting a piece of paper then go ahead. your government has done much worse over time....

-not acting the way you demand...welcome to the real world.
-people dont argue with americans because we think your personally commiting atrocities, we argue the point that most americans are ignorant to the world around them and see themselves as the almighty!
-keeping info from you? dont be so egotistical....americans have every piece of information available to them, dont be lazy and search.

people in other countries ie.me, dont really care to much for your constitution and think matters of war and hunger in 3rd world countries are worth striking over.

freedom of speech and action are in your rights so good luck to the participants.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by enlighten2012]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

God bless these American patriots....

This is a good beginning.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hunger strikes are a joke. Who cares if a bunch of people want to starve themselves to death?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If a hunger strike is the aim of the day then I say what a waste !!!!

Not eating will not bring the publicity that the day needs. I dont know who thought up this crazy idea but it is totally dependent on the media picking it up and that wont happen.

Youve got to hit where it hurts, so, a 3 pronged attack would bring more rewards.

1. Dont go to work, go on strike.
2. Dont buy fuel.
3. Dont watch TV.

These tactics have more chance of generating media cover.

If a hunger strike is what it has to be, so be it. I for one will attempt to use my press contacts to try and get it covered by the UK press. ( Im a freelance photographer)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
Hunger strikes are a joke. Who cares if a bunch of people want to starve themselves to death?

A joke I don't think our Constitution is a joke - but then you probably are not an American, so I don't expect you to care.

I think the main point is getting attention for a good cause. Maybe you don't care about anyone but yourself, but don't include the rest of us in your rant. Who cares - I care and If I had the time & money I'd join them.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I think this is a good idea! Citizens taking the country back. If even a few hundred showed up, I'm sure it would have some kind of effect. The Government or Media would be unwise to cover it up or give it no news coverage unless they want to liken their actions to the Chinese Tienanmen Square (nothing to see here) kind of mentality.

If they did do that, at least then you will know for sure that your country is well and truly down the toilet!

Truth is, your supposed to be living in a Democracy, not a Dictatorship. If your governments actions are allowed to continue with no consequence from the people, then a Dictatorship is exactly what you will eventually end up with and only your inactions to blame.

I guess that old saying, "If you not part of the solution, your part of the problem" is very relevant in this case.

IRM

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

You have got to be kidding me. Did you even read the post before responding? Dumb arses!

It is retards like you that are helping us to lose our constitutional rights. Read again!! He said HUNGER STRIKES are a joke...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Have you been drinking?

I never said the Constitution was a joke, I said hunger strikes were.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

You have got to be kidding me. Did you even read the post before responding? Dumb arses!

It is retards like you that are helping us to lose our constitutional rights. Read again!! He said HUNGER STRIKES are a joke...

Don't even bother trying to change the minds of those who declare themselves an enemy to your ideas. It has no positive effect on them, and only negative effects on you.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
- Buddha

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth

Have you been drinking?

I never said the Constitution was a joke, I said hunger strikes were.

Nope, have you? But, if your buying I'll have one.

Again the hunger strike is only the means of getting attention getting attention (said it twice for miss slow mind from Texas), if the subject is valid why do you want to attack their methods while completely ignoring it's purpose?

While I'm not big on protests nor hunger strikes, I think the cause is valid thus I thought your comments were a little rough - that's all.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by verylowfrequency]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join