It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Hunger Strike to Restore Constitutional Order Commences in U.S. Capital

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Mass Hunger Strike to Restore Constitutional Order Commences in U.S. Capital

www.wethepeoplefoundation.org

On September 17, 2008, the 221st anniversary of the U.S. Constitution, thousands of Americans gathered in Washington, DC to begin to “Hunger for Redress.”

They began their mass hunger strike to draw worldwide attention to the fact that the Government of the United States of America has not only been flagrantly violating its own Constitution, it now refuses to respond or even acknowledge the People's Petitions for Redress of these Grievances despite the fact the Constitution requires the Government to do so:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
My comments will be added after the initial posting here. There's a lot more of the "story snippets" than I had room for in this submission & a lot more to be added that serves as "background material" as well.

www.wethepeoplefoundation.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
interesting indeed .. Its a shame nothing will come of this most likely.

If i thought for a second me starving myself would change a damn thing that bush and the other political hacks in DC are doing .. I would be there with them.

Uh.. Dood.. This isn't to take place until SEPTEMBER 17TH a month from now.

Mehh..

[edit on 18-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
First, I should point out that there's more to that article...And it continues here at the exact point where the OP left off. I only add the last sentence from above to show where I had to cut off from there.

...it now refuses to respond or even acknowledge the People's Petitions for Redress of these Grievances despite the fact the Constitution requires the Government to do so:

1. The Iraq invasion in violation of the war powers clauses.
2. The Federal Reserve System’s violation of the money clauses.
3. The USA Patriot Act’s violation of the privacy clauses.
4. The direct taxes on labor in violation of the tax clauses.
5. The gun control laws in violation of the Second Amendment.
6. The failure to enforce immigration laws in violation of the
“faithfully execute clause.”
7. The construction of a "North American Union" without constitutional
authority.

Until recent times, the founding principles of America---limited government, due process of law, respect for private property, personal responsibility and self-reliance---were the defining attributes of the American culture and way of life.

Now, however, with almost weekly escalations of government control over their lives, threats to the lives of innocent men, women, and children in foreign lands, the imposition of a national police/surveillance state and a politicized judicial system which has become incapable of Justice, Americans finally appear willing to say "No! Enough is enough! You have gone too far for decent Americans to any longer tolerate these acts of despotism. We hereby claim and exercise our Right to hold you -- the Government -- accountable to the Constitution."

“The Government of the United States of America is out of control and refuses to be held accountable to the Constitution,” said Bob Schulz, founder of the We the People Foundation for Constitutional Education. “The Government is now routinely violating the war powers, money, privacy, tax, and other restrictions explicitly placed upon it by the Constitution, and in a further act of constitutional defiance the Government refuses to listen or respond to the People’s Petitions for Redress.”

“Our Government refuses to be held accountable for these violations,” said Schulz. “We need to expose the true character of the Government, and draw attention to the fact that the People of America, as a free People, are -- by design -- the final arbiters of the Constitution and that the servant Government has usurped the power of the People, taking over the House that Liberty built. Our repeated Petitions for Redress have been answered only with repeated injuries. Enough is enough.”

I haven't found anything in the Washington Post yet, even though the gathering started as early as yesterday...But I should also check tomorrow's edition to see if the Post merely "missed press-time" for today. I inserted the link to view the petitions mentioned above, but I believe it would be too late for anyone new to sign them (even though the webpage seems to indicate that it's still possible) because they've already been served up to the government months ago...I only inserted the link so people can read them for what they say.

I post this because I think people in other countries should have the opportunity to see that the US Government is not acting the way American People demand...So if other people, believing this commonly-held misconception, want to argue with you about America you can tell them that the American People themselves are not the ones committing the worldwide atrocities they see in your news media...We don't all fall asleep in front of the TV. Speaking of TV, you can also point out that even the American MSM tries to keep events like this from widespread broadcast, in order to keep our own people as ignorant as possible.

So, what prompted this Hunger Protest? It's a long story, so read on.
Source: Testing the Attitude of the Judiciary

Early this year, our landmark Right-to-Petition case, We the People v United States reached the Supreme Court of the United States (“SCOTUS”). It was an action for declaratory relief in which we sought a declaration of the Rights of the People and the obligations of the Government under the accountability clause of the First Amendment. No court has ever declared the meaning of the clause. SCOTUS decided not to hear the case. Petition for Writ of Certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court and its Appendix.

If we fail to receive responsive responses to the Petitions for Redress of constitutional violations that are now being served on every member of Congress, we plan to file a similar lawsuit in each of the eleven federal judicial circuits outside the DC Circuit. It will be much more difficult for SCOTUS to duck the issue by deciding not to hear the case if two circuit courts disagree on the meaning of the last ten words of the First Amendment to the Constitution.

So now we can all see just how far the government has gone, to even deny us any voice in demanding accountability for their crimes. By denying to even hear the case about the 1st Amendment Petition Clause, this is the final proof that there is no longer any peaceful means left to the People to restore the Rule of Law under the Constitution. Free Speech winds up corralled in fences, blocks away from places where we try to speak...And now even our demands through the Petition Clause go unheard & unheeded.

Where was Representative Ron Paul? Where's the single strongest in-Office supporter of the Constitution? Well, he's been paying attention, at least.
Source: The Ron Paul Question: Will He Respond?

Last Friday (July 25), Bob Schulz spoke by phone with Ron’s chief of staff, Tom Lizardo, about the Petitions for Redress. Tom said he was generally aware of the Petitions but would have to check with his Legislative staff to see what was being done about them. Tom did express a concern of his. He asked if Bob believed the Right to Petition required Ron Paul to respond to every communication received by him from any constituent. Bob told Tom he did not believe each and every communication would necessarily receive the protection of the First Amendment as a proper Petition for Redress requiring a response. Bob then sent Tom a definition of a proper Petition for Redress – one that would require a response.

Needless to say, a serious situation would ensue should Ron Paul fail to respond, responsively (i.e., with formal, specific answers to the questions in the Petitions for Redress). Absent such a response Ron Paul’s credibility as an adherent of the Constitution could quickly be called into question.

The Constitution is not a menu. Rep. Paul is an official of the U.S. Government, and as a true believer and outspoken defender of the Constitution he cannot be found defending only some of its provisions, such as the war powers, money, privacy and tax clauses, while disobeying another, such as the accountability clause of the First Amendment. Again, it is important to note he has publicly admitted such an obligation to Respond.

At least he admits to the importance of the Petition Clause, even in public.

Ron Paul was served with all 7 petitions, just the same as the rest of Congress & many other Officers in the other 2 branches of Government.
Source: The Concept

Now that Congress has been served with the Petitions for Redress and they have wholly refused to respond -- including Rep. Ron Paul [more details to follow], we need a civic action designed to directly confront the members of the U.S. Congress and the President.

This civic action needs to be peaceful, bold and newsworthy. It requires the participation of a large number of individuals to succeed.

Here's the image: row upon row of tents lined up on the National Mall, filled with true Patriots who, with love of their Creator, Country and Constitution have assembled to directly confront their Government for its gross breaches of the Constitution. These People have assembled for a non-violent hunger strike, communicating the fact that the Government of the United States of America is violating the war, money, tax, privacy and other provisions of its Constitution, and refuses to justify its behaviors or be held accountable in any way by the very People who gave birth to a servant Government that would secure their individual Rights, Freedoms and Liberties.

Photographs of such a compelling sight, provided by the Foreign Press Service, would immediately catch the attention of newspaper and magazine editors around the globe and end up on their front pages and covers, as was the case following our silent vigils in front of the White House in our “V” for Vendetta costumes with our “Dear Government, Obey the Constitution, or Else…” banner and signs. Those images were extraordinarily powerful.
------------

-------Continued Below-------

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
----------Concluded From Above-----------

The energy, time and resources of professed Patriots are typically dissipated by a variety of low-risk activities that have no practical effect on stemming the rising tide of tyranny in America. Those activities center on Speech, rather than Redress - political "pep rallies" under the Speech, Press and Assemble clauses of the First Amendment, rather than actions by the People which are designed to lay claim and effectively exercise their unalienable Right of Popular Sovereignty in order to (peacefully) hold the government accountable, as expressly guaranteed by the First Amendment Petition clause.

While such rallies, marches, music and political speeches may be exciting to the participants, they are not designed to confront those whose acts constitute tyranny. They do not advance Liberty. They offer no meaningful solutions to our problem of rapidly eroding Freedoms. They have no impact beyond reinforcing the general political beliefs and customs of the participating “Patriots.”

Our Congressional representatives are expected to return to DC on September 9, 2008, for three to four weeks before adjourning for the rest of the year. They will be in Washington, DC on Constitution Day, September 17, 2008.
So what recourse is left to the People of America if this Hunger Protest fails to get any significant positive response form Government? As we know already, the Government has already given us proof that they're willing & able to provide significant (ie: military or military-style) negative response, as can be seen with Waco for an example. At the very least, a failure of the Hunger Protest would stand as prima facie evidence (if not outright proof) that there's no peaceful recourse left...

Unless a vast majority of people simply refuse to support the government with their money any more, by revoking their 14th Amendment citizenship (ie: federal citizenship) status, as discussed over in this thread. However, due to MSM interference with the spread of the truth, I don't believe that there will be enough people to do so in time to stop America's slide into tyranny.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to the forefront.

I can't wait to hear the talking heads scoffing and berating these patriots. Of course, the media could ignore the wholes thing or censor it. Of course, if there are any human beings left in the industry, perhaps some other country will pick it up and run with it. Unless of course they just use it for their own political purposes like, probably Pravda, as things stand now.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Things like this work in places where people care if anyone starves ...like India

Right now Big G and Dick are eating Steak and laughing out their windows...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Uh let me say this again.

This part says when to be there..

BE IN DC: CONSTITUTION DAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH!

This part is a Hypothetical.. In otherwords it hasn't happend yet.

Picture this as the headline and news story that could accompany each photo:

Anyone who believes that the current system of governance in America now stands as a mere shadow of the visionary construct penned by our Founders with Divine Providence, who believes that our Republic faces grave and imminent risks, and who believes that the Constitution cannot defend itself, must find his or her way to DC before sunrise on Constitution Day, Wednesday, September 17, 2008.

Its not in the news yet because it hasn't started yet mate............ This isn't news until it happens. (Though everyone should go.. Just my opinion on it)

Lol i think this is a case of the OP not reading the entire story and jumping the gun.. It has not started.. It is only a call to arms , To get people aware of it so they can show up.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say this wont do any thing but make a few people hungry

The American government don't care about the homeless people on the street who go with out food for days so a few people going on a hunger strike it not going to achieve anything

The only way you will get any thing out of the Government is by Hundreds of thousands of people in one spot jumping up and down

[edit on 18-8-2008 by duffster]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
At least this is being done in an election year. It might get some notice but for how long or how much reaction it will prompt is going to make it interesting. They're stated purpose is valid and truely fused with good intensions. I hope they get the recognition it deserves and the press actually starts to care!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A hunger strike that may result in death or injury will do nothing to dissuade the criminals that run this country. Injuring oneself in the cause of freedom and justice, in this case, will be a pointless act.
I can just imagine Dubya and his fellow criminals laughing their butts off as they look out the Whitehouse windows,"HAhaHAHAAHAH, we really got 'em this time, these idiots are starving themselves while we reap the rewards of hate,murder and death."
Or worse, the D.C. police will end up killing peaceful protesters, too weak to fight back.
This is not the answer.
I am not allowed to say what I think should be done with the current government on this site, but it involves lead, gunpowder, and involuntary, invasive,amateur surgery.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I wonder how many elected officials will walk by stop while eating a burger or hot dog or ever eat at a restaurant near by and watch them starve and have no remorse .

I Imagine the percentage would be very high .

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack
This part says when to be there..

BE IN DC: CONSTITUTION DAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH!

Ooops! My bad...I forgot that this is still August!

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
I wonder how many elected officials will walk by stop while eating a burger or hot dog or ever eat at a restaurant near by and watch them starve and have no remorse .

Well, a display of this attitude wouldn't be new...It happened between the Christians & the Gentiles in the Bible.

Still, I'm going to keep my eyes open...Next month.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why punish yourself for something someone else has done? The only reason I might not eat is if I was too busy throwing my food at politicians.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I will bet the first taker a dozen doughnuts that Ron Paul shows up to get his picture taken, for the friendly press releases and about an hour after he leaves the troops move in to quell the violent actions of the out of control mob.

I speak from experience. Friendly makes the news. Confrontation happens just after press time.

They would need a million to impress anyone, and I just don't see it happening. When they turn the heat ray and sonic blasters on the crowd, people will become inexplicably aggetated and will begin unprovoked violence which must be suppressed.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
GOOD SHOW!!!!

I think we need more of these kinds of events. It's important to rally together and make an attempt to show them our numbers... and show them that we ARE aware!

Eventually I would like to try to organize and create an " awareness day " where we try to create awareness in our communities about what is going on out there. If every community had atleast one person to help put something like this together we would be well on our way to the revolution.... hopefully not before it's too late.

It's my opinion that if we can not unite and form the resistance and start the revolution before ww3 breaks out.... we might be SOL!

we need to hurry!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How about a more GLOBAL approach? Sutrly if millions of ordinary people around the world went on hunger strike in their respective capital cities it would have more of an impact. It would be a simple, peaceful protest. Ghandi did the same thing and was able to bring about change. We can learn from someone like him.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Good stuff. If I was anywhere near DC I would join. Im glad people are standing up. I hope a ton show up to Pauls event in Sept. That I am seriously thinking about flying up and attending.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have an honest question. I've never understood hunger strikes. What is the point of them? Surely if you believe that someone doesn't care about you or that they hate you, then you must know that they'll be fine with letting you starve? Let's say someone decided to protest something you were doing by refusing to eat and allowing themself to suffer... why would you care? You are not forcing them to not eat, they're doing it of their own accord and, therefore, whatever happens to them lay on their shoulders, not yours.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Stupid event indeed ! lol ,Maybe they should pour gasoline on themselves ! now that will get you some TV coverage ! .Stupid ,no one will care less ,and how long are they going to do this for ? before they get run out of there .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join