It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Why video evidence will soon be worthless...not a rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
People often say how they would prefer videos to photos when it comes to evidence. Take a look at the link below...yes, this may be state of the art CGI right now but just imagine what this technology will do to UFO video evidence. The debunkers are already having a field day as it is. This video, to me, looks pretty damn real. How will we be able to discern reality from illusion?

She's not real video

[edit on 18-8-2008 by thechi]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There will probably (Edit: It ate the rest of my post.. stupid PHP tag interpreters
) always be tell tail sign such as vectors, shadows etc. shown in the image to indicate it's synth-hopefully.

It's a sad state I think that the prediction of human actors in films (being replaced by CGI) is coming true. A near constant loss of humanity all over-prob wont be long as well till there are environ rooms like in Ice Pirates: a room with huge displays and a big AC unit-the star trek thing is way off if possible at all.

This begs the question: Is tech killing 'the soul'? Or, is tech made to fill the gaps where they imagined the soul to be?

[edit on 18-8-2008 by lordtyp0]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Good question...some would say that technology is an expression of our soul. Without technology we would not have come as far we have. It all comes down to the concept of life imitating art vs art imitating life. When technology like this becomes a reality, it can give us great insight into what's ahead down the road for us. I do believe that the line between reality and illusion is slowly being blurred. We are being deceived every day and we don't even know it. That's why I find it so hard to always go by my gut instinct.

So many UFO witnesses have expressed feelings that they just felt what they were seeing was not of this world. Just as we would have felt that video was of a real person if we saw it 20 or even 10 years ago. So just imagine what technologies are out there right now that we are not privy to.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thechi

Sorry but that does not look that realistic,
infact it kind of creeped me out.
Even my 5 yr old daughter saw that for
what it was, CGI
We will beable to tell if they are real or not
when they arrive,and that day is not far
away.