It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do I Have Some Much Strength?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This has been pondering my mind alot. When i was only 98 pounds i could lift 182 pounds and i was very skinny.
Now i am 147 pounds and i can lift 3 reps of 308 pounds, it normally occers through extreme rage/anger or making love were i have this ultra power. I can break a brick in half and wood in half, smash car windows by one punch, I don't look big or strong, however for some reason i have this incriedable strengh can someone please tell me how this is possible?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

Let's think about this logically for a moment.

Does your skin turn green?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You, my friend, need a girlfriend.

Seriously, though, you say you can't break a brick, I can. And the car window too, and have. I am, however a bit bigger than you (5'!!". 190 lbs) and did some martial arts as a kid.
It's all a matter of technique, balance and leverage. I work in drywall and at the ripe old age of 48, I can still out work, out lift and out last the guys less than half my age. Apologies to the Survivor credo.
For example, next time you find yourself in the local big-box home improvement store, try to lift a bundle (2 sheets that still have the tape on the ends) of 5/8", 4x12 drywall. Now think of doing that all day.
The difference is I use technique, the younger guys don't know any better and try to out muscle me.
I believe you are doing the sameas I am, just haven't been taught so you think it's different.
That's great. Just think what you could do with some training!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It's obvious your still a teen or twenty something...please don't take that wrong..

Enjoy this gift of stregnth you have now...marriage, kids and getting old will rob you of it soon enough!!...LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
And if by chance you do lose your strength, may I suggest using bricks to break car windows, instead of wasting them and cutting your hands.

If I sound sarcastic... well, I guess I am.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like you have 'incredible' strength to me. I think it's all in how you are focusing the energy in your body. It's used in martial arts quite often. I notice it when I lift weights; when I'm on the bench press, I don't notice anything around me, I am just focused on the energy going through my chest and arms to properly raise the weight.

And when lifting weights, remember it's not how much weight you can lift, but how many reps you can do, how easy it feels for you to do it, etc. You may be able to lift 3 reps of 300lbs, but I bet it's very uncomfortable and difficult to do so. Lifting that much weight when your body isn't suited for it is bad for your skeleton and your muscles; you could injure yourself.

As a side note: a lot of weight lifters use the wrong muscles when they are working out. Every exercise in weight lifting isn't supposed to be a full-body workout. Each exercise is designed to tone and build muscle in certain areas, so be aware of your body and which muscles you are using when you lift weights.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies. Yah i think it is focused energy but because i never experianced it before and because i thought no one or not many people had this i thought i was the only one. I know martial artists do that type of technique. Yes it is very uncomfortable to lift 300lbs and middle spine has been hurting.

Zepherian, I like to cut my hands. deadbang- I am 25, engaged no kids but i want them & my skin turns purple and red, a bit like barney.
LAUGHING-CAT- i dint say i cant break a brick, i said i can, how do i go about the training and how do i focus that, whats the advice from yourself?.
Do we get stronger as we get older?.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Please be careful, you going to do yourself some real damage if go about punching bricks and wood without any training or lifting very heavy weights!! You may feel indestructible now but without training and knowing how do these things correctly you are doing serious damage to bone, ligiment and muscle.
STOP now before you have a prolaspe or do even worse damage!!!!!!!!

If you enjoy cutting yourself at 25 then maybe its time to see a Doctor my friend.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
LOL. My experience is that you don't necessarily get weaker as you get older, its that you feel the burden that your body bears more. I'm only 29 and the things I used to be able to do with no aches or pains are more noticeable now. Ibuprofen is my new friend.

Pain can cause weakness. When you feel pain your body is telling you "wait, wait, something isn't right here, stop what you're doing." Your muscles listen to your body at first, and you have to fight that in order to continue what you're doing (lifting boxes, weights, running, whatever). I've found that my strength is there, I just have to work a little harder to use it.

That's why we should all eat better and exercise; most of our bodies don't get nearly the workout they are designed for and now we're so weak and used to luxury that we have to fight ourselves to get back to normal.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
pics and vids of said 308lb reps?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Without trying to sound disrespectful, I am somewhat skeptical regarding your claim to be able to lift 308 pounds and you only weigh 147lb.

I'm not saying its impossible as I myself am quite strong and can lift disproportional amounts of weight in comparision to my body weight. However would you possibly be able to post a video of this for validation?

I don't know many Welterweights with the ability to lift over 300 pounds

I also can smash car windows with one punch, I wouldn't nescessarily say that is hard. With regards to you smashing bricks in half, well I know that its certainly possible, I'm not sure how you discovered you could smash bricks in half though!

And if you say you experience this ultra power when making love, then all I can say is I feel sorry for your girlfriend

P.S. I might have took your post a little more seriously if its grammar and train of thoughts were clearer.

P.P.S If it is infact true that you can actually lift that amount of weight then I seriously suggest that you compete in powerlifting as you would be very successful.

[edit on 20/8/08 by Death_Kron]

[edit on 20/8/08 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
just so u know, my fiancee is 308 pounds! thats why I know.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

even the doctors cant help me lol! haha.

I like blood and i like to over do my self, yes it is very painful on the back.

new topics

top topics

join