It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently fluoride is bad for you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Witch would be better for feeding my infant? Distilled water, or tap water, in her formula? I've read on other web sites that distilled water is bad for you. Is that only because of the lack of calcium? Thanks for all of your help.

**Edit: Also, I was squeezing my bottled water at work the other day (don't ask why, I'm just a weird ass dude) in a twisting motion, and when I let go, the bottle shot back to it's original shape, and a cloud of what looked to be smoke appeared on the surface of the water. I opened the bottle, and some sort of vapor came out. It looked something like steam, but the water was at room temp. I'm no chemist or physicist, but could it have something to do with the pressure on the molecules having some of the same effects as heat? Please, no negativity. I don't know how this board is, but some of the people in the conspiracy boards are complete asses.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Nerds]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Flouride helps strengthen the calcium. Distilled water in formula is better, because flouride isn't necessary for the teeth at this stage, no sweeties, and does have side effects.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Flouride is never good for the teeth. The study down between Vancouver, BC, which does not have flouride in the water and Ontario that does, showed Vancouver as the clear winner. Flouride is a terrible mind control chemical. It was used by the nazis in the concentration camp to make the prisoners more docile and lowers IQ. Never give your child flouride,not even in toothpathe. Tom's of Maine makes some very good flouride free toothpastes. My teeth have never been whiter.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerds
I was squeezing my bottled water at work the other day (don't ask why, I'm just a weird ass dude) in a twisting motion, and when I let go, the bottle shot back to it's original shape, and a cloud of what looked to be smoke appeared on the surface of the water.

Nothing spooky going on. Your idea is pretty close.
You squeeze the bottle, increasing the pressure, which increases the temperature of the air in the bottle. The increased temperature allows the air to hold more water vapor. When you release the pressure, the temperature drops back to where it was forcing the water vapor to condense into the cloud you see.

Actually a nice little demonstration of the gas laws. When I was a kid I used to do it inside my mouth. Hold nose and mouth closed, blow really hard, let a puff of "smoke" out of my mouth. Probably dangerous but fun. I wouldn't even think about trying it now.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow, thanks. That was really messing with me for a while.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

a quick list of previous threads if you're interested.

the issue with flouridated water is that it's easily overdosed if you drink more than average and eat refined foods which were processed using flouridated water, leading to dental and in severe cases, skeletal flourosis, which is debilitating.

worse yet, it accumulates slowly over time in bony tissue and the pineal gland and especially the latter is cause for concern.

www.newmediaexplorer.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Fluoride is more toxic then lead, and slightly less than arsenic. It is put in water to dumb you down spiritually.

It is the main ingredient in rat poison and roach powder.

Here is a video with some information from the UK Green Party opposing Tony Blair's Government fluoridating the UK's water supply.

Distilled water is said to be bad because it lacks minerals and such, but the real reason is that if you drink it, you miss out on all important poisons like fluoride and chlorine.

There is nothing wrong with pure water, it is the foundation of all life.

Please don't poison your baby!

[edit on 19/8/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Distilled water has no minerals in it, and i believe we need minerals from water.

A distillation kills and removes:
bacteria, virus, cysts, heavy metals, radionuclides, organics, inorganics, and particulates.

Minerals fall under inorganics.

I really think you should consult a nutrition expert regarding your babys health, instead of a conspiracy forum.

As to fluoride... I wouldnt want that in my mouth.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The human body has evolved to utilize natural water. In fact, so has every other species on earth other than sea life (who require a salt content).

Adding chemicals to the water is un-necessary. Fluoride has been proven to lower your IQ and make you docile. Sounds like a catalyst for control to me.

If you're worried about your teeth... BRUSH. If you want strong bones, drink milk (if you're lactose intolerant, there are other sources of calcium).

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If fluoride is so bad, then why is it in water and why in toothpaste? How can corporations get away with it? How can they live with it? Why are we allowing them to get away with it?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

consuming excessive protein tends to leech calcium from bones as well as creating an acidic body environment. Drinking milk for strong bones is good MMB PR but questionable science.

There's tons of calcium in fresh veggies.

To the OP, why are the only choices you have tap water or distilled water? Why not use spring water?

Actually thinking about it - better you research alternatives to using formula!

[edit on 21-8-2008 by RogerT]

new topics

top topics

join