It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Weird Creatures...

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I live on the Red Lake Indian reservation in Minnesota, and I have to say... We've got some strange things around here, if you were to ask a random person around here if they'd ever seen a strange unexplained creature chances are you'd get a story... The same goes for "Ghost" stories as well...

I've heard about everything from a strange Lake Monster with a "dragon-style" head to a 8ft tall man covered in white fur stalking the woods, hell, even a "Goat man."

I was thinking about this summer, trying to find evidence of such creatures since I was planning on doing alot of exploring and what-not... Take some pictures, ask around, ect., then if I find anything, post it here...

Any thoughts?




posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
go for it...post anythign you can find



posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog
go for it...post anythign you can find


Sure thing... It's a good way to kill time, that, and I dont feel like getting a job... I plan on spending alot of time out there this summer, hopefully I'll catch something on camera.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by Weise]



posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Make sure and beg, borrow, or steal the best low light camera possible. It wouldn't hurt to have portable sound recording devices as well. Good luck on your mission. Don't forget to put a pork chop in your pocket for good luck.



posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Don't forget to put a pork chop in your pocket for good luck.


haha, or so the creatures can attack and eat him... why not take a bath in cow blood too?


Weise... good luck on this, and stay safe.



posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You should ask these people with stories if they were on anything first, like peyote, but yeah, it would still be interesting what you find. Wouldn't it be sweet if there was a camera of a video camera that recorded and took pictures of everything you saw while hallucinating, man, that would be the greatest.



posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
try goat turd. i heard that there's something in them that attracts lake monsters. no joke. just get a huge box of it, rub it on your body, and wait on the beach. the monster should come. some chemical in the sh*t and your skin oil is suppose to go through a chemical reaction and release an odorless gas.


(i wonder if he would actually try this?)



posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
try goat turd. i heard that there's something in them that attracts lake monsters. no joke. just get a huge box of it, rub it on your body, and wait on the beach. the monster should come. some chemical in the sh*t and your skin oil is suppose to go through a chemical reaction and release an odorless gas.


(i wonder if he would actually try this?)


Only someone like you would be smart enough to try something as ingenious as that.


Just because I'm a Native, doesn't mean I'm stupid.


[Edited on 16-3-2004 by Weise]



posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
You should ask these people with stories if they were on anything first, like peyote, but yeah, it would still be interesting what you find. Wouldn't it be sweet if there was a camera of a video camera that recorded and took pictures of everything you saw while hallucinating, man, that would be the greatest.


Please try and keep the stereotypes down to a minimum.


Besides, I'm an Ojibwa, completely diffrent tribe that uses Peyote to aid them in their spiritual bs...

Anyways, at least 30% of the stories and sighting come from reliable sources, sooner or later I'm bound to run into something, even if it is nothing more then a giant frog with a bear in its mouth...



posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
good luck on your search. I'd love to see what you find.



posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If nothing else, it will be a good experience to be out in nature, quite possibly on such a journey, that your spirit guide becomes apparent to you.

May the spirits of our ancestors protect and guide us.



posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You never know, you may see El Chupacabra. Now that is something I would like to see. I believe that it is only relatively recently that it has been seen (I think the first was in the 60s ?). So I doubt its 'natural' - possibly some genetic experiment or even something to do with the greys.



posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weise
I live on the Red Lake Indian reservation in Minnesota, and I have to say... We've got some strange things around here, if you were to ask a random person around here if they'd ever seen a strange unexplained creature chances are you'd get a story... The same goes for "Ghost" stories as well...

I've heard about everything from a strange Lake Monster with a "dragon-style" head to a 8ft tall man covered in white fur stalking the woods, hell, even a "Goat man."

I was thinking about this summer, trying to find evidence of such creatures since I was planning on doing alot of exploring and what-not... Take some pictures, ask around, ect., then if I find anything, post it here...

Any thoughts?


Do you have "Skinwalkers" up there? If so, post some info.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Do you have "Skinwalkers" up there? If so, post some info.


Nope, no Skinwalkers.

I think thats a Navajo thing, and I'm Ojibwa, completely different ballpark.

We do have a variety of differen't colored sasqautches and other strange "demon-like" creatures, take your pick.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Make sure that when you go, you have meat on your breath. NOT KIDDING HERE. Animals such as dogs, bears, and I am sure some cryptids as well can smell your food on your breath and in your sweat. When you eat veggies you automatically lower yourself one rung on the food chain. When searching for animals that can take you to dinner you want to maintain as high a position on the food chain as possible.....As a side note when you are trying to bond with an animal it is a good idead to chew his food before letting him have it. This will immediately establish you in the Alpha position....now you could chew his food and it would have the same effect, or you could give him some of yours and it will taste better to both of you.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
if i was only a few years older i'd run down there right this minute and help you



posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I also would go along if circumstances permitted it, and wish you luck and success in your endeavor.
I always appreciate the time I spend in the wild more when I have a good purpose for being there.



posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't think I'd need any help Templersstroms, besides, I don't think my grandma would appreciate strangers flying in from everywhere else to help search for things that I'm not really even supposed to talk about.


Good adive Groingrinder... I certaintly don't want to end up in the stomache of a large carnivore, then later in it's leavings...

I just hope my efforts are fruitful.



posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weise
I live on the Red Lake Indian reservation in Minnesota, and I have to say... We've got some strange things around here, if you were to ask a random person around here if they'd ever seen a strange unexplained creature chances are you'd get a story... The same goes for "Ghost" stories as well...

I've heard about everything from a strange Lake Monster with a "dragon-style" head to a 8ft tall man covered in white fur stalking the woods, hell, even a "Goat man."

I was thinking about this summer, trying to find evidence of such creatures since I was planning on doing alot of exploring and what-not... Take some pictures, ask around, ect., then if I find anything, post it here...

Any thoughts?


You heard of the goat man?

Perhaps they are referring to goatse... (if you don't know what it is, I assure you you want to stay that way
)



posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it was a goat man...
Half man, half goat, with his hammer or whatever, attacking random parked cars... He's said to lurk across the lake from where I do, but I've heard of an even stranger thing...

Supposedly this happened around the Blackduck area, a rural road heading in that direction. A guy and his wife were on their way back home to Blackduck when they noticed a man beside their car, which was really strange because they were doing at least 40 Mph.

The womans window was rolled down and the man didn't pay them any mind, they slowed down and he slowed down as well, and they slowed enough to talk, apparently they weren't very scared because they only saw the mans upper half. They were going to say something to him, ask a question or something, when he turned to them, smiled, nodded his head politely, then trotted off...

When he passed their car they saw he had the body of a horse... But with a human torso and arms standing almost upright well his four legs touched the ground...

I know theres a name for this type of creature, but I forget. I don't "believe" this is true, it's just a story I heard. Rather interesting as well.

(My grandmother told me this story, and it pain's her to do so because she doesn't like talking about these things. They seem to scare the heck out of her.)

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Weise]




top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join