It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, and Extremists. Personal Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A few months ago I got hired at a local Shell gas station, as soon as I found out my pay, I thought of how I could influence my per/hr salary, so when I noticed my two direct supervisors were active muslims attending mosque every friday, I thought why don't I go with them (Yes I did get that raise and bonus!!!!!) But thats beside the point, what I'm getting at is what happened at the Mosque that grabbed my attention.

Now this will and may sound off the wall, i'm going to try my best to keep it down to earth as it was as far away as possible.

I walked in with my boss (who moved here from jordan 2 years ago) he immediately pointed me to a "cubby" for everyones shoes to go in, (luckily i was wearing a clean pair of socks....) I then noticed the typical room were arab men were kneeled down facing the Imam, then it started I sat with my boss outside the room yet still observing everything, (he wanted me to understand islam before I prayed, so as to not be praying for nothing.

As I sat watching with him, the Imam spoke in arabic, I was spending my time watching out of the corner of my eye people coming in, and of course as I guessed it I was the only white person in there, but surpisingly not the only one with Armani Exchange clothes on.

As I noticed a change in voice the Imam was now speaking in English with an extremely thick Arabic accent. When I listened I was astounished the talk was about saving the United States and making it what "It was truly meant to be" that Islam would save the US, He called to the islam their to become active in politics and ensure there children grow up to be senators and congressmen. He spoke of the Islam religion as already starting to have a large influence over parts of politics. This went on for about forty to fifty minutes, then in the last thirty minutes He spoke of parental guidelines and the role of parents in there childrens lives.

The thing about this was I was raised going to church every sunday, and half the people there were asleep or potentially dead, or looked dead. But in this place the people had a fire burning in there eyes you could see a mile away the intensity was unbelievable, people would get off there knees and stand arms raised and quote the qoran at the top of there lungs without the Imam stopping. And the uniformed style of the praying was memorable.

But for me I don't believe in a God or Allah, (Same thing really) I'm not even sure I believe in right now.

I know its monday and this happened days ago, but I thought this might raise a few ideas or questions, Since it has in me, with the New York Subway Advertising, and the loads of other things i'm finding out about.

Please be kind, non of this was made up, the main point was the Imam point of islam saving america, and the effects of peoples views on this. This country was founded on Gold, Tobacco and God. Gold is expensive almost more then ever, tobacco is being outlawed in certain places and taxed (I'm a smoker...I know its bad but i have anxiety so deal with it) and God seems further away, Religion is good but a religion takeover seems, well, I can't think of the word but you get it.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Republican08]

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Good post, well as long as nobody talked about anything extreme or of terrorist nature, then I wouldn't worry about it that much.

But if you ever do see anything suspicious, this is to you or any muslims out there, check out this website. Pretty good, you can report it there anonymously.

www.freemuslims.org...

[edit on 18-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, if I see anything terrorist like I'm definately reporting it. I'll probably be going back there a few times a year, just to keep my pay up...its bad I know. But I feel positive I'm going to have a report on that place sooner or later.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I went to Mosque for a time when I was younger. It had quite an affect on me, but really only because of my own psychology. I had all sorts of things running through my head the first time I walked in. The thought even crossed my mind that I would be "made an example of" and killed in some sort of Arab sacrifice or something. The point is, when something is foreign and unknown, it can affect you deeply. The same could be said of someone attending mass for the first time in a huge cathedral. An awe-inspiring experience the first time, even to just set foot in a cathedral.

But in the end, there is nothing to doubt in your story, and I don't see any cause for alarm either. Why shouldn't Muslims hope and pray for America to move closer to their image of what is good, and to represented in government? Isn't that what democracy is for, to give everyone a voice?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
While I think this post is very interesting and informative, the part dealing with "getting this country back to blah blah" sounds on awful lot like what I would hear in the christian church as well. I don't want to be so naive to say that this isn't something to be concerned about, but I find it just as disturbing hearing it from the christian side as well.

At this point, considering that most of the ridiculous laws we have that control us as individuals were done citing christianity, I would have to say that is the religion that is more of a threat to us in this country.

However, I do worry when I look around and see the Islam religion quickly gaining a foothold in America.. but more so for the fact that the two religions (Islam and Christianity) HAVE NOT and WILL NOT ever get along. They are both religions of imposition and so the set up is not looking to be a good one in the least. We should know well enough that the congeniality btw the two is a front that is being tolerated for the time being.

top topics

join