It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to James Gilliland's Sattva Sanctuary!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

i think its better if they take some time to really filter the footage and present only the most relevant, if what is seen in the ranch is just some lights then all of the usual crowd will all cry FAKE as they like to do, i don't think they went all the way to the ranch just to tease the members of the boards.

Those places where ley lines connect are hotbeds of anomalous activities, I would also like to see the videos, but I'd rather wait for them to clean up the material and present something worth the time spent there!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

Anyway...Springer, DD and all,

If you "tease us" with the promise of photos on this one...and keep hinting at what either Johnny has seen and photographed, etc, like you're doing so far lol...well I think that would be an unwise move on ATS's part. Just my 2 cents of course.

If there's photographic or video evidence, display it.

Thanks!

Hey bro, let me make it VERY clear---I am making ZERO claims in terms of evidence captured or not, nor am I in any way speaking on behalf of the ATS Investigation team. All I am doing is sharing my own personal account, and what others on site shared with me. JA told me he is reserving judgement either way until he has combed over all of the footage, which any investigator worth their salt knows takes time, particularly when running multiple cams. The guy is going to be exhausted with the amount of time he spent driving up there, as well as pouring over countless hours of footage. Bless him and ATS for taking the time to go all the way up there and conducting research. That drive alone is no joke---I got lost like three different times trying to find that place. It's sandwiched in between about a hundred different mountains, you have to cross a river toll bridge, etc., etc....LOL!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thank you for the report
That is something I've been interested in since reading about it. Seems everyone has good to say about the hosts. Did you have access to anything like a telescope or did you view with just your bare eyes?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am thinking about making a trip up there next summer on my sabbatical. How much did it cost?

Did you introduce yourself to JA? "Hey, I am DimensionalDetective!" Lol, it just seems like an odd situation. Very cool that you went though.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wonderful thread, I am so going to visit at some time in the future.

Now I cannot wait for JA to start his thread. Could you do an atsmix about your experiences?

Thankyou for sharing and sounds like you had a great time.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hey DD thanks for sharing your story. I'm in Seattle and have been close to the ranch (for a rafting trip) but never stayed there overnight. I also wondering if the things in the sky are all from the direction of Mt. Adams? Or is it all over the sky (harder to hoax). You made it sound like these lights were everywhere.

I'm looking forward to see any pics or video from team ATS! Nice job guys.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Awesome DD!
You can just tell what kind of guy Johnny is by his humorous and knowledgeable threads and posts. I'm sure Rabbit is a good guy to when he's not grimacing trying to play butt darts with that Hank Hill tail.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Yes, I am a physicist, but i Have read articles on crustal electrical activity here is a link:

www.ingentaconnect.com...

There are minerals in the earths crust that when plates shift can cause static electricity

and here is a video on static electricity which can build up in areas with high crustal electrical activity:

www.youtube.com...

I realize that this doesn't explain them all maybe some of them are ufo's

[edit on 19-8-2008 by oatie]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I am thinking about making a trip up there next summer on my sabbatical. How much did it cost?

I'd like to know how much it costs too. If this guy is making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year just for himself as profit after expenses, that isn't really going to help his credibility much in my book.

Why does he even need to charge anything anyway? I'm sure he already owns the property, correct? What kind of money would he need anyway, beyond enough for electricity, basic maintenance and food... if everything he says about aliens, etc. is true?

If he really needs and wants to spread this message to the world as much as he wants, he doesn't really need to be charging. He could just ask for donations and leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
I'd like to know how much it costs too. If this guy is making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year just for himself as profit after expenses, that isn't really going to help his credibility much in my book.

Not hard to see the skepticism here Riposte. Using the 'money angle' to discredit someone is a technique used several times in the field of ufology. I'll be honest, in some cases money making schemes were certainly there but I have yet to see it with James Gilliland.
On another note, why is it that much of a problem if James Gilliland would charge a (small) fee for housing and food? Must he be the good samaritan and the rest of the state can make money as they desire? If you're looking for people charging excessively then I think you'll find millions in the US alone. Look at the churches, that should give you a clue.

Why does he even need to charge anything anyway? I'm sure he already owns the property, correct? What kind of money would he need anyway, beyond enough for electricity, basic maintenance and food... if everything he says about aliens, etc. is true? If he really needs and wants to spread this message to the world as much as he wants, he doesn't really need to be charging. He could just ask for donations and leave it at that.

Why don't you just drop this argument? If you see James Gilliland charging way out of proportion then you can make an argument. Don't attempt to create an atmosphere where James Gilliland is already suspect as being a propheteer.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by TerraX]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

So there is a glaring contradiction here. It leads me to believe that Gilliland is capitalizing on some atmospheric/plasma anomalies in the area that have nothing to do with extraterrestrials.

Make a case for it. Show the people here what kind of atmospheric/plasma anomalies are on record and how it could explain the phenomena near Mt. Adams.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Get your Hand off it mate .... he has a phenomena going on over his ranch if you don't want to stay at his ranch then stand out on the street you'll get the same view. He doesn't charge to come and view ...you can turn up as long as you notify him and just spend the night in the field then leave. If you want to stay in the guest house you make a small donation .... ohhh big deal.

Every one has had their Gilliland criticism so ATS has gone up there to see what's going on ... and numerous ATS members have been up their including myself, and we all come back with similar conclusions and that is "there is something going on up there".

Like james says rather than believe the hype ... COME SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerraX
Not hard to see the skepticism here Riposte. Using the 'money angle' to discredit someone is a technique used several times in the field of ufology. I'll be honest, in some cases money making schemes were certainly there but I have yet to see it with James Gilliland.
On another note, why is it that much of a problem if James Gilliland would charge a (small) fee for housing and food? Must he be the good samaritan and the rest of the state can make money as they desire? If you're looking for people charging excessively then I think you'll find millions in the US alone. Look at the churches, that should give you a clue.

What do you mean, "not hard to see the skepticism here?" Do you think I'm trying to hide it or something? Because I'm not.

The "money angle" is perfectly relevant here, because if Gilliland is making several hundred thousand dollars a year from this, it doesn't seem to mesh nicely with the philosophy he espouses on his website and videos. That kind of a contradiction in lifestyle is a major warning sign.

And as you can see from my previous post, I think there is absolutely nothing at all wrong with charging small fees to maintain his ranch and for food and medical expenses.

His whole purpose seems to be about being a good Samaritan, so yes, he is going to have to walk the walk, especially if he what he says is true. Otherwise the aliens are going to shut him out, and that is all according to HIS OWN WORDS.

Why don't you just drop this argument? If you see James Gilliland charging way out of proportion then you can make an argument. Don't attempt to create an atmosphere where James Gilliland is already suspect as being a propheteer.
[edit on 19-8-2008 by TerraX]

Why don't you just answer the question? I am asking what he charges (which means I don't know what his income looks like). So if you want me to drop it, give me some concrete answer instead of trying to evade the topic altogether.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

The problem isn't that something paranormal is going on there. The issue is whether or not it has to with aliens, and whether or not Gilliland's claims are true.

Has anyone tried to actually hike up to where these lights are apparently hanging out? If so, what happened, and if not, why not?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

HE DOESN'T CHARGE ..... YOU CAN GO VIEW FOR FREE ..... IF YOU STAY MAKE A DONATION ... IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY MONEY JAMES WILL GIVE YOU A FEW CHORES AND THEN GIVE YOU A BED FOR THE NIGHT..... RIPOSTE DO YOU UNDERSTAND? OR SHALL I MAKE IT SIMPLER?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

Actually no, I don't understand. Why you are so angry? Isn't that against everything he is trying to teach you? No wonder the Pleiadeans aren't making full-scale contact; we have too many people here with absolutely no self control.

And if you scroll up a bit, you will see someone else asking how much he charges... which is what prompted me to ask the question. I tried looking on his website but couldn't find anything about it.

Now I'm waiting for someone to answer my question about the Pleiadeans.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Donations are normally the amount you want to part with, maybe there is a minimum but what i understand on the word donation is that it is voluntary. Just to be clear; Not everyone that goes to the ranch will automatically adhere to the ideals of mister gilliland so a angry poster here does not say anything about the validity of the ranch.

Anyway, a free stay in the field and a small donation when you want to go into the guesthouse does not really shout moneygrabber to me.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Harman]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
wow DD, im so glad you got to go up there, how exciting to see for yourself. what some people need to remember is the statement you made about how these lights have purpose, they move with a certainty, if it were fireworks or earthquake lights or lanterns or what ever, they would be one directional.

I cannot wait to hear from others who have seen with their own eyes, there experience there.

P.S. we live in the same place DD..
i made a post a while back about a light i saw by my home in indio, i havent seen any other activity since then, but maybe im looking at the wrong times. your lucky..LOL.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The "money angle" is perfectly relevant here, because if Gilliland is making several hundred thousand dollars a year from this, it doesn't seem to mesh nicely with the philosophy he espouses on his website and videos. That kind of a contradiction in lifestyle is a major warning sign.

May I ask what's with the attacks on a persons credibilty because he charges money for something? I mean this is a pretty weak argument in my opinion.

When you attended school did you pay for your studybooks? These books are filled with opinions from professors and are being taught as fact. People generally accept what is written in these studybooks, and yet these same books are written by people that make money for personal gain.

Does that mean these professors are not credible? Of course not so I find it remarkable that when it comes to aliens/ufo's suddenly double standards are applied.

[edit on 19/8/08 by Fastwalker81]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join