It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weekly Emergency Alert Testing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I was watching TV today and one of those Emergency Alerts came on. This one was very different. It said the Emergency Broadcast System had issued a WEEKLY alert for THE UNITED STATES. Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know the purpose? I have never seen one for the entire UNITED STATES nor have I seen a weekly one.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What station was this? Not the number since that would vary per state and whatnot but rather what channel? MTV? History Channel? Fox? Travel? BET? or was it higher up as in FUSE? or something? And around what time?

Just a few more details please! I'd like to keep my tv on the station you saw the message, just in case it was a channel specific warning or something like that.

What did the alert contain? Any voice recordings? Or just a weird sound to interrupt the audio?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Emergency Alert System and Notification

America’s Alert & Warning System
The Emergency Alert System (EAS) is an integral part of the public alert and warning system in the U.S. It provides the President and other authorized federal, state and local officials the capability to transmit an emergency message to the public during disasters or crises. The national EAS, regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is administered by the Department of Homeland Security through the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

The President and authorized federal government officials originate national alerts and warnings. During non-federal emergencies, the EAS gives state and local government and emergency management officials the capability to alert and warn their local populations.

Testing the National Activation of the Emergency Alert System
FEMA is currently expanding the capabilities of the EAS and other alert and warning systems throughout the United States in compliance with Executive Order 13407. As part of that process, FEMA is installing new alert and warning technologies that will allow for the rapid dissemination of emergency messages to the public and State emergency management personnel. To ensure system reliability and identify potential weak points FEMA must test the new alert and warning technologies.

While the EAS protocols do include several test codes for mandated weekly and monthly testing of the EAS, the testing that needed to be conducted for the new national delivery path was unique. There is no test code to simulate a national activation of the EAS. The primary function of the national level activation is a presidential message, the EAN. Because the EAN is a unique code, the only way to properly gauge how the receivers and equipment will react and process the alert using the new delivery path was to send an actual EAN code to specified receivers in a controlled test.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here is the website of the channel...
www.kdfi...##.###/

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The link didn't come thru.... kdfi##.###

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
let me try it again...

Here is the link

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why won't it let me post the link? I will put spaces between each letter.

w w w . k d f i 2 7 . c o m

join