It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Quadrennial Exploitation" / "Disgusting election taints" sources [ExposeD]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

"Hundreds of pages, some hidden, filled with disinformation and propaganda, links everywhere and list over list of talking points and attack strategies."

"But it's all there. All the disinformation that we see on our threads."

I am the owner of "The OBama File.com."

www.TheObamaFile.com...

This entire post is BS. Everything in The Obama File is sourced from mainstream media and responsible blogs -- with links.

On my "Read Me" page is this statement -- "If the reader finds content that is incorrect, I will correct or delete it upon the submission of two links to an independent source with more accurate information. I want the information in here to be as correct as possible."

However, schrodingers dog choses to report that the site contains "disinformation" and "hate speech."

I CHALLENGE THIS "LYING DOG" TO DOCUMENT AND DEFEND HIS ACCUSATIONS AND LIES.

Beckwith
The Obama File

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
If I may add to the idea of the lie detector. I propose an electrically charged "consequence if you lie" anal probe upgrade.

Well, from what I understand, no job (legally) requires a lie detector test as a qualification...Except 2 or 3. I don't remember which jobs are exempt from that law, but I do know that CIA applicants have to take it. Yeah, before I "woke up" I tried applying for a spot with the CIA. But when they got to the part where they said that we need to take the lie detector & emphasized how "honest" you have to be just to get in...Then they described the part where most CIA have to live under some kind of cover identity. Testing for honesty, then living under a lie? That set off the alarm bells in the back of my head--Note that I mentioned I hadn't "woken up" at that point, but at least my in-born warning system worked!

Why not give them an IQ test? Test their level of knowledge & theoretical application of the Constitution. They do take an Oath to uphold it after all...Not just elected Officials, but appointed as well as every person who would have to take the Oath to have a job anyway.

Yes, even right down to your friendly neighborhood Peace Officer. Even the good cops aren't trained to understand the Constitution & that it's the primary reason they have the job in the first place: They're trained more to uphold the Statutory & Regulatory rules than really knowing about the Constitution.

About the campaign hype though...I never watch it anymore. Granted, money is probably the biggest reason that the "media dolls" get the most attention, but I think another (lesser) factor involves the concept of "he who slings the most mud wins." Ron Paul never stooped that low, even though some of the other candidates were starting the mud-slinging even as early as a few weeks before the primaries!

I'm (unfortunately) also seeing an increase of "political mud-slinging" type threads appearing in ATS...I mean, really, some of it can be expected, but the mud-slinging rumors & such are popping up in the Political & (sometimes) Alternative News topics?
"Gov Palin's 5th child not really hers???!"
"Sarah Palin announces daughter is pregnant"
"McCains VP Choice Palin Currently Being Investigated For Abuse Of Office: Faces Impeachment"
Granted, these threads are all focused on Palin, but that she also happens to be the politician most talked about recently & I didn't want to dig any deeper back in time just to make a point.
Yeah, sad as it is to admit, America does has quite a few "dysfunctional family" problems...But it seems that such dysfunctions pop up far more often (per capita) in political & Big Corp Exec positions than in the general population. That seems to be an indicator fitting in with posts I wrote around ATS that discusses the "midbrain people" fitting better into politics than the average person anyway.

Unreal

Unfortunately, this is as real as it gets...Remember the old Chinese curse that goes, "May you live in interesting times?" America is cursed with "interesting times" right now...And China happens to be on the rise right now...

[edit on 1-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

"Hundreds of pages, some hidden, filled with disinformation and propaganda, links everywhere and list over list of talking points and attack strategies."

www.TheObamaFile.com...

This entire post is BS. Everything in The Obama File is sourced from mainstream media and responsible blogs -- with links.

On my "Read Me" page is this statement -- "If the reader finds content that is incorrect, I will correct or delete it upon the submission of two links to an independent source with more accurate information. I want the information in here to be as correct as possible."

However, schrodingers dog choses to report that the site contains "disinformation" and "hate speech."

Beckwith
The Obama File

All the information anyone requires to make up their own mind on your website and others such as yours is included and documented at length in the OP.

Should any ATS member or Anonymous guest feel that my information is inaccurate they, as are you, are welcome to point this out.

Though I suspect you already know this, it seems that most ATS members found the information informative and relevant to the ATS community.

The only thing I added to the links I provided was my own personal opinion on the nature of your site. Surely we all have aright to do that.

What surprises me in your response and also makes me laugh, is your own indignity with someone pointing out YOUR website.

You take great lengths to develop and exploit a culture of fear, racism, hate, lies, under the anonymity that the internet provides you, and freedom of speech under your armpits, yet show up and back away from your own identity.

YOU ARE A FEAR MONGERING RACIST SIR!
OWN IT HERE LIKE YOU OWN IT ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE.

Or do you think that ATS members are stupid and can't see right through you.

You want to debate me, I am here.
Register and I'll debate you, though not for long, for I suspect you are infectious.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

okay. First off

I challenge you to prove who you say you are.

If you truly own the site, surely this would be no tremendous feat.

Secondly - IF you are who you say you are... your webpage makes wild accusations.

Many intelligent people understand that extroidinary claims require extroidinary proof.

Your claims have no proof

Your tactics are cookie cutter talking points from talking heads like Rush Limbaugh. It goes like this:

Fact about Obama
Fact about Obama
tie in a lie
Fact about Obama

surround the LIE with FACTS and surely the moronic masses will buy into it.

Before we go any further, perhaps you should show us that you are who you say you are.

And then you and I can square off - and ill tear the very foundation that your lies stand on, right beneath you.

Oh - and before you get too cocky

The fact that your'e taking your information from bloggers is reason enough to laugh you out of the room.

But im a fair guy - and i would LOVE To challenge you on these statements you make.

Just, first, prove who you are. We can go from there.
and if you're so sure of yourself, maybe you'll agree to a challenge match that only ATS standards can provide?

Because, lets face it, the only rule required to subscribe to that garbage site of obamafile is that you have to hate obama with all 3 synapses in your brain and every ounce of your existence

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I can't believe you bozos are so stupid as to discuss your own plans for world domination on your own forum.

And for effect you registered as "skepticoverlord" on your own site to boot.

The Obama File labeled as "Hate Speech"
2008-08-24 18:51 p.m.
This extremely liberal site has taken exception to The Obama File Forum and this particular member has chosen to badmouth and denigrate the Forum with verbiage such as

"The only way to win this battle, and believe that it is a battle, a battle literally between those who strive to deny ignorance and those who wish to spread it, is to expose the people behind these attacks and their real agendas. Stripped of their cover and with their intentions for all to see, they will still be free to express themselves, but only as the hate filled humans that they are. And no one will give them the time of day. They will be out of here in minutes. Or they can stay, either way it really won't matter a bit."

He proceeds to list practically every topic in the Obama File and label it as hate speech.

Take a peek.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

skepticoverload
2008-08-24 19:26 p.m.

response

That means it is working. Press, especially Fox News, is slowing having this stuff come out. Obamaites are getting NERVOUS. Well, that is why they picked an idiot to be the DNC nominee who is a radical muslim, bi-sexual, and complete inexperienced and not qualified.

McCain 2008 - PUMA 2008

Then today:

2008-09-01 05:30 a.m.
Ha ha ha -- Good hit! I visited this thread and left a response:

www.TheObamaFile.com...

Beckwith
The Obama File

theobamafile

I love the "that means it's working" post.
You guys are the dumbest racists on the web.
And that's saying a lot.

Oh god I hope SO has something to say bout this.

And you want to challenge me and ATS.
To what?

PS. Big ups to Wiggin for finding the page.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

they have removed every single one of my responding threads

they dont want the truth to get out

thtas why their form of censorship exists

racism and stupidity can only exist through total and complete censorship

thats why the obamafile has a running total of 51 members

most of them are probably the same 3 guys making new memberships

Nice website....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Do you think we might know them by other names over here?

Actually I doubt it. Those nincompoops over there are truly a "gifted" bunch.
Especially he who calls himself puma!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
A reminder...

There will be no posting to the poster, Anonymous or not.

The subject is, ""Quadrennial Exploitation" / "Disgusting election taints" sources [ExposeD]".

Please stay on subject.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
A reminder...
There will be no posting to the poster, Anonymous or not.

Just a simple question:
If this thread is all about exposing such exploitation of political views, then why is it so wrong to point it out when it so blatantly appears in the thread itself from a perpetrator of the very same tactics?

Just another little question: Is anyone going to let SO that someone else is using his screen-name in such a racist, idiotic, hate-filled website?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

For one, we do not moderate other websites. Period. And that is as far as I will speak about the nonexistant 'Skeptic' alias...

For two, the reminder is for personal attacks. There are a few instances where the posters were speaking derogatively to the other poster; personal insults.

Speak to the topic and not the poster. Period.

The other site has already been acknowledged...and then some.

The "and then some" ends now...from both parties.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well, it's hardly surprising that someone (who may even be, as they claim, the site owner) should spring to the defence of the Obama File. Obviously that kind of material strikes a chord with a certain type of person. Conscious of MemoryShock's reminder, I'll refrain from describing the type; we all know it anyway.

But this thread is only peripherally about the Obama File. Its primary subject is people who post material from that site, or adaptations thereof, on Above Top Secret. And it seems that there are quite a lot of them.

So, indignation aside, our Obama File-owning Anonymous friend is actually a bit off topic. My advice to him or her is: if you want to contest SD's charges, join ATS, convince us that you're actually who you say you are and then let's see how it goes. Who wants to debate the Invisible Man anyway?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
While I am not endorsing The Obama File, it seems to me that the OP loses a lot of credibility when he says thi:

MEET "THEY"

The Obama File:

The Obama File
Family
Education
Religion
Politics
Employment
State Senate
US Senator
The Wife
Campaign
Supporters
Advisors
Islam
Africa
Race
Lies
Quotes
Osama
Videos
Latest News
Are you really gonna let this happen?
Forum
About

At first glance, it appears that he has done a bit of research. But on closer inspection, we find that this long list can be referenced as a single url. He has merely referenced separate sections of the Obama File.

That by itself smacks of a certain dishonesty, but the more troubling, and revealing aspect is that he does not give the same references to where John McCain has been smeared in the media. So in effect, this post is merely another in a series of Obama supporter threads.

"THEY" are anyone who dare to oppose Obama, iow.

Anothe pro-Obama thread is fine; knock yourself out. But please don't try to sell it as a thread dealing with "a battle literally between those who strive to deny ignorance and those who wish to spread it". Call it like it is: a thinly-veiled defense of Obama.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

So your major issue with the OP is that I provided individual links to pages as opposed to just one link to theobamafile.com. That was only done for the sake of convenience for other ATS members.

If you wish to hang your hat on that, be my guest. You caught me, I overlinked.

As far as being even handed and disclosing websites that seed lies and/or rumors from the other side of the political spectrum, if you had taken the time to read the whole thread, you would have found that I addressed this issue on two separaate occasions:

Reason is a wonderful guide.

On ATS the web and indeed on the world, fear and hatred is often born out of ignorance of the "new" and "unfamiliar." So naturally it is going to be loaded against a presidential candidate that represents these parameters. After all, and through no fault of his own, Mr McCain is everything that is "old" and "familiar." He is a White/Wealthy/Christian/Man which is all we've ever had as a president. Though many including myself might disagree with him on policy and issues, he is in appearance at least, safe. Apparently to some people, that means a lot. Look, this same dynamic has actually been unfolding before our eyes with Gov. Palin over the last few days. and actually reinforces the point that the "new" and "unfamiliar" triggers more "personal" reactions.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

As far as being even handed and disclosing websites that seed lies and/or rumors from the other side of the political spectrum, if you had taken the time to read the whole thread, you would have found that I addressed this issue on two separaate occasions:

Oh, I read the entire thread. And I know that you briefly mentioned McCain after you had been called out on it. Typical.

I don't care. Overlink all you want. It looks impressive. But, as I said, it is transparent.

That's not the issue I brought up, but nice try. The point is, this thread is an attack on another website and a pep rally for Obama. That's all.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

As you wish.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

A cut and paste of a Table of Contents.

Brilliant research!

But, carry on.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thank you again for uncovering a source of smears and untruths being lobbed at the Democratic Candidate. I wonder how many websites and groups are doing similar attacks on the Republican Candidate and third party candidates. The attacks on Obama seem lopsided to me which makes them suspicious.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I see that that the karmic irony of this happening at present to your own VP candidate is lost on you and those who star you.

When you go down this road, you will always find someone who hates you more. That is the very essence of fear and ignorance.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I see that that the karmic irony of this happening at present to your own VP candidate is lost on you and those who star you.

When you go down this road, you will always find someone who hates you more. That is the very essence of fear and ignorance.

Please do not make this a personal attack session, as often happens. Stick with discussing the issues and away from silly references to "karmic irony".

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
SD,
Thank you for your research efforts. I don't have much to add to this thread, but wanted to give a star & flag!

I understand that everyone has been herded into cheerleading duties for the elephants and donkies. Everyone is emotionally wound up and things get blown out of proportion (and taken out of context) really easily. But spreading flat out lies is the lowest common denominator...

I seem to recall the myth of Obama going to afghanistan and completely shunning the troops.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join