It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Quadrennial Exploitation" / "Disgusting election taints" sources [ExposeD]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Thanks LA.

I just want to re-post something I said in an earlier thread, just cause I don't want to repeat myself every time a non-issue thread pops up.

"Wow, people caring about this crap like flags, half brothers, and convention tickets.

We truly get the government we deserve.

I/we bitch every day and night about how useless our elected officials are in running our country. We need look no further than these threads for the explanation.

If it wasn't for the tragic cost of tens of thousands people dying including our soldiers, thousands of families losing their homes, and a dozen other calamities, it would be funny.

You wanna be a patriot? A good starting point is honoring your country and it's political process by not treating elections like we're on TMZ.

Please, by all means keep talking about this. If we get lucky the next president might just be able say "nuclear."

Unreal."

[edit on 8/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well said S-Dog!

I didn't mean to imply that I was not and had not been partaking of the political process, I hope you didn't get that idea from my scornful post concerning politics in GENERAL

You might notice about me that I tend to fire off e-mails and written letters on a whole range of topics to a whole range of people, journalists, politicians both at the federal, state and local level, so rest assured, I am not one sitting back just bemoaning the fact that both candidates in the last 3 elections have truly been sucking (IMO of course!)

Seriously, I think that we as a nation of voting people who entrust these MORONS with the right to run the government in our STEAD since we are all out there making the money that they so greedily suck from us....I think we should DEMAND that they actually tell the truth, run the country like we have to our FAMILY budgets or how a business has to run theirs!! Wouldn't that be a novel idea? Oh wait, most people are in hock up to their eyeballs and most corporations are screwing everyone in their company and outside to give the board members huge dividend checks...gee what was I thinking....the government IS run like corporations and family budgets

I would even go so far as to propose, in keeping with the "reality tv programming" mentality, that we hook both candidates up to a lie detector device, on LIVE television, and ask them hours and hours of questions....

I fear that would be the only way to get to the MEAT of the "issues."

As an English major back in the stone ages, I take specific umbrage to GW saying "Nuke-U-Ler" good gawd Yale ain't what it used to be apparently LOL
[edit on 20-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

[edit on 20-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

If I may add to the idea of the lie detector. I propose an electrically charged "consequence if you lie" anal probe upgrade.

Though there is little point in realizing this experiment if all we're going to ask about is flags.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I was asked yesterday by another member if I knew of any anti-McCain websites which also seeded divisive and hateful information.

I actually responded with a list of about a dozen and promised to look for more.

In that spirit, and for fairness in general, as I go around the web, I'll keep adding to this thread whenever I find polemic websites for either side, I'll include them.

The first one is not that aggressive but it is highly polarized:

Vets Against McCain

The second is actually kinda funny and goes off on just about everyone:

The Skeleton Closet

This last one is just all headlines and talking points for the right.

Right Bias

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I can't believe I forgot this one.

Read at your own peril. This character, James Ewards, is a white supremacist who is friends with and idolizes David Duke of KKK fame.

The Political Cesspool

In the site, there's actually a great email to Mr. Edwards that crystalizes him and those of his ilk:

Subject: You are the epitome of Southern Inbred White Trash
Date: 8/19/2008 2:34:42 AM Central Daylight Time
Reply To:
To: [email protected]
CC:
BCC:

Mr. Edwards,

What a total fxxxing embarrassment xxxholes like you are to the white race. I only wish Lincoln would have left you inbred Confederate fxxxs to yourselves. The rest of the country would only be that much further ahead instead of constantly wasting our resources dragging you backwards sister-fxxxing hicks into the 21st century. The “New South”, same as the Old South. Always.

A hearty Fxxx You,

It's available at the above linked page.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Wow

and its these guys who create the lies that we see here in ATS about Barack Obama.

people who are Anti-obama - fine - i commend you for sticking to your convictions

people who smear these kind of lies - created by butt holes like mentioned above:

Good Luck with life.
You have but one hope - but im not sure if you're mature enough to take it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Well...SD....I don't like the 'anal probe' idea, since it ain't my 'concept'.

BUT, the rest of your stuff is, in my book.....spot on"!!!!!

Good show!

EDIT to add the 'y'.....so that "our" became 'your'.....OK, carry on!

[edit on 8/20/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Congratulations, SD, on a very fine thread. What this means is that, for anyone who has the energy and motivation, the hardcore haters on ATS can now be found with a little creative search engine use. By their keywords ye shall know them...

I applaud you: this is right and necessary. The entire ATS community should know just who these rogues are. Not their real identities, of course. Just their member names.

Your threads always have in them an artistic use of the medium of the internet message board. What a fantastic thing: the internet is creating its own literary and art forms.

Might be a thread subject there... for BTS...

...sorry. I'm rambling. A fine and dandy piece of work, Chien de quantomist. You've already got more stars than a Hollywood sidewalk, but you get a few more from me anyway. And a flag.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

and its these guys who create the lies that we see here in ATS about Barack Obama.

Made me think of a West Wing episode from a few years back I found the qoute on the net.....It describes well what I think of the people who post irrelvent crap and lies about candidates.

Al: "Toby, you're smiling."
Toby: "I just figured out who you were."
Al: "He's gonna say Satan."
Toby: "No, you're the guy who runs into the Seven-Eleven to get Satan a pack of cigarettes."

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

LOL

that is such a good comparison.

I would like to point out that because of threads like THIS

the over all smear of feces on the front page of the D'08 forum is almost completely void

some of the old user names have all but vanished as well

keep fighting the good fight, OP.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Asty!!! Funny line, that one..."More stars than a Hollywood sidewalk"

But then, about the flags on the thread...
First thing I thought was.....make sure you don't leave out the 'l' in "flags"!!

(sorry.....I didn't want some hater to think of it first....chalk it up to my sick sense of humor)

Carry on! (quote from Tim Gunn, of "Project Runway")

[edit on 8/21/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Oh Schrodie, dear. I despise politics, heh.

But I have noticed the nasty brutish swiftboating methods have been dusted off and fired up already, so kudos for highlighting the shady characters behind these smear campaigns.

Anyway, a great chunky quote I stored a few years back which summed up my views:

The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second and third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H. L. Mencken

Now that Mencken's prediction has hopefully been fulfilled, things might change (not likely, rofl).

We get the leaders we deserve. Tending towards silver tongued vacuous morons. Maybe, just maybe, Obama might have been different. But his bowing down to the rabid faithful and crablike shifts of policy was enough to show he's probably another opportunistic windbag.

Happy to be proven wrong, of course.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Big star for you, friend.....I still am trying to wrap my head around some of the thoughts you bring to the table.....not sure my head is big enough!

But, keep bringing them!! Keep bringing them!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Well said mel, quite frankly we fight similar battles, with the same people, based pretty much on the same moral and intellectual foundations or lack thereof. And no matter how we frame it, we always get bogged down in rigid adversarial positions, which in turn accomplishes little or nothing.
This relativistic disposition just polarizes and starves the mind of the beauty of thought and creativity. Most importantly it's plain boring. It is however exactly as it should be, as it is none other but us, that made it so.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
It is however exactly as it should be, as it is none other but us, that made it so.

Maybe it was us, maybe not: I've pointed out in other threads how midbrain people tend to gravitate towards positions of power while the majority of forebrain people wind up suffering for it. However, the reason they gravitate that direction is because only the perverted can prosper in a perverted system. Once corruption gets started, it's extremely difficult to dislodge it...Especially if people don't notice this kind of cancer in the early stages & the MSM is one of the active agents that suppresses the truth.

This link is something of a long read, but explains this concept better than I could here.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

T'is true. And whilst we bicker over the most inane irrelevancies (was Obama's grandmother a jihadist?), we find that the more things change, the more they stay the same. We have people fawning over this Eton toff in the UK, I don't think anyone knows what he stands for at all - just BS soundbites.

I've voted for all parties in the UK, but each time I just feel dirty. The last time was for the Blair charlatan all those years ago - when everyone was getting excited I did point out I thought he had crazy eyes and looked a bit psychotic, I think it was a sign, but I got caught up in the charade. Don't know if I could ever stomach facing a voting slip again....but, you know, I still end-up buying into the idea that we have some sort of responsibility for our own society, and this can be influenced by voting for a group of power-hungry silver tongues.

It's like choosing between tweedle-dum and tweedle-dumber sometimes (although, we usually get a choice of tweedle-deetard as well in the UK).

This is one area of society in which I really do despair. I was reading through one of these lists of '50 Obama lies' the other day, it's like a black-hole of stupid.

Anyway, again, kudos for highlighting these people. They really, really suck. I would have loved to hear the Holy Hick's view on the current state of politics.

And with that, I'm off too scrub myself with bleach. Catch ya around.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Gosh, this is becoming a political-science thread. A really interesting one, too.

I don't know about midbrains and forebrains, Destroyer, but I think melatonin's right when he points out that the democratic systems of our age select for mediocrity. The wider the franchise is opened and the more weight is given to public participation in civic life, the greater the incentive, as well as the opportunity, for men and women of blinding mediocrity to rise to the top.

Universal franchise plus a free media equals the rule of the mob.

I suspect this is a problem with democracy that even kosher political scientists haven't properly begun to grapple with. Democracy wasn't designed to function like this. In its original form it was a system of rule by the landed elite of Athens - the wealthiest, most powerful, best-educated men of that society. It was the same in Rome, for as long as the Roman republic lasted. In both countries, there was a property qualification for voting, just as there was in most modern democracies until the late nineteenth century. In modern democracies, there were generally other restrictions, too: of sex, religion, race and so on.

Still, the elite held on for a few more generations... a momentum effect, I guess, because people had, since the beginning of time, been accustomed to look to their social superiors for instruction and example.

But with the universalization of media as well as the franchise (fully established by the beginning of the Second World War), the days of elite rule were numbered. Pace all the elite-conspiracy theorists who may read this, the truth is very different from their smoke-filled-room fantasies. It's the people themselves who decide policy nowadays, not just through their votes but through their opinions - polled, obtained through media tracking data and often freely aired on the media themselves in news footage, on talk TV and phone-in shows. This is what rule of the people, by the people really is. What it turns out to be.

Still, would we want it any other way? Many good folk here on ATS are forever complaining that their government doesn't listen to them, that it acts arbitrarily, even dictatorially without regard to the wishes (sometimes they're more like whims) of the people, that they feel oppressed and spied upon. And these people are living, mark you, in some of the freest countries of the world - board membership is almost entirely North American, British, European and Australian: I'm one of the few exceptions.

The question is, what are the alternatives?

You can't restrict the franchise in any way. The public wouldn't stand for it.

And censorship is obviously undesirable.

So, obviously, are rigged elections.

Anyone want to go back to the bad old days, where leaders weren't chosen by the people, but were selected by heredity, emplaced by their predecessors or simply raped, pillaged and slaughtered their way to the top?

No, thought not.

So I guess this overmediated democracy is still the best political system we have - at least the best we can think of at this time. But as the world fills up with people and becomes more globalized, the problem we are discussing is going to get bigger.

Yet we may console ourselves that a degree of incompetence in leadership is no bad thing. You want a super-competent, charismatic leader? Try Vladimir Putin? How would you Americans like a Putin in the White House?

Aside to weedwhacker: despite a lifelong and always enjoyable association with it, I'm not actually a member of the honourable minority. You may chance upon me among the tents, but never by the flagpole. What to do? Can't fight nature.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I don't know about midbrains and forebrains, Destroyer...

My references to "midbrain" & "forebrain" come from one of my earlier posts in this thread...Which contains a link to a different thread where I make my first reference to "midbrain" & "forebrain" functions in an 8-part multi-post. In that multi-post, I'd linked to a source that more fully describes the deep psychology on the difference between the functions of the "midbrain" & "forebrain" & how idiots wind up posting unfounded (& hostile) opinions in threads like this.
And if you can successfully follow this chain of threads, links & sources, please come back & re-explain it to me...I'm not sure that I myself got it right!

...but I think melatonin's right when he points out that the democratic systems of our age select for mediocrity. The wider the franchise is opened and the more weight is given to public participation in civic life, the greater the incentive, as well as the opportunity, for men and women of blinding mediocrity to rise to the top.

Universal franchise plus a free media equals the rule of the mob.

Which is why the American Founding Forefathers founded the nation as a REPUBLIC, not a Democracy. Yes, the Constitution does involve some democratic processes, but all under strictly limited terms of restrictions. The Forefathers knew from their studies in history that Democracies always degenerate into tyranny. Once our government changed from Constitutional Republic into Democracy, our downfall was pre-ordained.

...because people had, since the beginning of time, been accustomed to look to their social superiors for instruction and example.

Which is why the Constitutional Republic is often referred to as "The Great Experiment" because, for the first time in history, Sovereignty was placed with the People. As the Bill of Rights is merely a partial list of Natural Rights as human beings are born with, the Constitution was written to create a government charged with defending & upholding these Rights under Law.

This is where I've gotten the notion that "midbrain people" who gravitate into positions of power aren't using enough of their naturally-evolved human "forebrain" to understand that they're the ones who keep dragging nations into repeating the same mistakes seen in history. It's this same tendency to keep repeating the mistakes in history that becomes evident when the same kind of mentality that makes their derogatory posts in threads like this...They don't utilize their forebrains to the best effect, so they keep making the same mistakes that originate from their midbrain.

The key point to understand about "midbrain people" is that the vast majority of what they do can be termed as "imposing their own parameters of social heirarchy on everyone else." The concept of "social heirarchy" is a function of Natural Law, as there are many precedences observed in the Natural World...But it's the imposing of a heirarchy through the powers of law-making that's NOT Natural for human beings...Comparing the other living species in Nature to human beings is inaccurate because those other species have not evolved their own forebrain to give them the same sophistication of human beings.

Since many of the "midbrain people" who write derogatory posts in threads like this don't have a position of power in the real world, they seek to impose their heirarchy here...In a social-based forum. Since the midbrain is what governs "lower-order thought," such as instinct/primal id, this is why they write hostile posts...Whereas people like SD, who make more use of their "forebrain" capacity for higher-order thought (reason/intellect, compassion/altruism), their posts are ordered, structured & insightful.

In the end, everyone must abide by the Natural Law. Those who try to impose Man's Law as being above Natural Law cause nothing but suffering.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
My references to "midbrain" & "forebrain" come from one of my earlier posts in this thread...Which contains a link to a different thread where I make my first reference to "midbrain" & "forebrain" functions in an 8-part multi-post. In that multi-post...

Yes, I know all that. I was simply pointing out, gently, that neurophysiology is nowhere near far enough advanced for anyone to make this kind of categorization. Such distinctions are folkloric. They may have some slight scientific justification; more likely, they derive from old-school psychology, a pseudoscience of the most presuming kind.

Which is why the American Founding Forefathers founded the nation as a REPUBLIC, not a Democracy.

It suppose this distinction is made much of in American schools - to judge by the number of times it is trotted out on this board, every schoolchild must have it drilled into them. But what of it? There are many forms of democracy and many types of republican government, and some democracies, like the one you live in, are also republics. The terms are not mutually exclusive.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yes, I know all that. I was simply pointing out, gently, that neurophysiology is nowhere near far enough advanced for anyone to make this kind of categorization. Such distinctions are folkloric. They may have some slight scientific justification; more likely, they derive from old-school psychology, a pseudoscience of the most presuming kind.

That's part of the point of the "folklore"-like origins...Through the "institutes of higher education" teaching studies based on "Classical Education" & being taught to old-money families & other "elites," is what the self-proclaimed ruling elite really learn in school. When they learn about centuries-old social philosophers, they can't wait to try it out for themselves...And even though these philosophies of "Social Darwanism" & socialist control over people have continued to fail when actually implemented upon society, these people keep perpetuating the same mistakes of history. Being "midbrain people" to begin with, they never seem to realize that it just doesn't work & never has worked, or they will seem to think that they can make it work with...a few slight adjustments based of course from their own (midbrain-generated) opinions. In other words, we should also examine these old-school philosophies because these are the precisely the same studies included in the "classic education" of those who seek to rule through the manipulation of politics & economy! "Know thine enemy!"

It suppose this distinction is made much of in American schools - to judge by the number of times it is trotted out on this board, every schoolchild must have it drilled into them.

No, not really...I didn't really start "learning" anything until I had already graduated from school...School didn't teach me even a fraction of what I've taught myself. I think I had one advantage that most of my classmates never displayed...I was (& am) a prodigious reader. Most of the others spent their time more on "being popular," trying to get some booze for the weekend, basically just trying to get through classes with the bare minimum of effort & not seeking any more knowledge. Even so, a lot of the subjects taught in public school are designed to convince students that the best way to get through life is to chain themselves to somebody else's dreams of success. That's the whole point of the social manipulation in the first place, is to generate as many peons as possible to serve the self-proclaimed elite.

But what of it? There are many forms of democracy and many types of republican government, and some democracies, like the one you live in, are also republics. The terms are not mutually exclusive.

The differences that made America unique is that the Constitution didn't rely exclusively on democracy or republic in the same "pure forms" that had already been done in history. It was written to contain democratic processes, but under strict limitations: Older democracies never put restrictions on their systems. This is what led to their downfall, because their citizens never had a set of unalienable Rights that couldn't be simply "voted away." Hitler took good advantage of this flaw...Germany was a democracy but through propaganda he convinced the Germans to "vote him" into dictatorship!

Differences from a "pure" republic are also evident...No other republic in history put any strict limits on the representatives in government. The Constitution delegated only certain, specific powers (& limitations) on what the representative government could do, as well as setting up 3 different Branches that were designed to keep checks & balances on each other. No other republic in history did that either.

As far as how this has an effect on the whole "political mudslinging" practice during election campaigns, it's a distraction to keep the public mind on meaningless minutiae. Being constantly distracted, most people have trouble focusing on the real issues on hand & don't put any real thought into solutions to break out of the millennia-long social manipulation literally engineered into society...Performed by the successions of generations of the "elite" midbrain people.

I think that the advent of the internet has been a primary instrument for people to begin understanding the truth of history...When the public can have such wide-scale access to such widespread knowledge, more people are accessing "independent" sources of information. Since the self-proclaimed ruling elite depend/rely on the control of information to maintain the basic illusion of their superiority, the internet presents a grave danger to them. Well-informed people are free of their habitual lies & they know it. For the first time in history, the "common man" is now on equal footing with the elites to conduct the War FOR Information on our own terms! The truth is that the only real "power" they've ever had is the control of who has access to the truth & the influence of how they spread their lies...With publicly-accessible internet, the whole basis of their "power" is crumbling. The longer we can keep the internet free of such blatant manipulation to hide the truth, the more people who actually learn the truth.

From SD's work I've seen here at ATS, he's pointing out the flaws & root-problems of the MSM propaganda machine. From the depth of what SD has posted so far (here & other threads), he displays an intimate knowledge of the inside of the MSM propaganda machine that I can't even begin to touch...I learn what he teaches.

And that is, in my opinion, a very worthy path for SD to take...He's basically telling people to see the flaws in the system, look beyond the propaganda & find the truth for themselves, then pass it on to others who haven't yet seen the lies for what they actually are.

Personally, it seems that my path is on the truth of the Natural Laws that were in deep consideration when the Constitution was written...The history of people who struggled for true freedom & try to break the self-destructive cycles of history. I also study contemporary laws that show such contempt for the Laws of Nature & how they're manipulated by "midbrain people" who think more highly of themselves than what they think of in their inherent connections to the rest of humanity.

I might also point out a short story by Nathaniel Hawthorne, where a man (named Ethan Brand) performs a quest for the "unpardonable sin." He finds that the sin is when a man so disconnects himself from his own intrinsic human nature that he sees the rest of humanity as tools, subjects for experimentation & not deserving of the least amount of compassion. In other words, Hawthorne's story is about a man who disconnects from his own Humanity & his own Human Nature...Which seems to me that it's a more common practice among "midbrain people" than most people would care to contemplate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join