It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it wrong to despise alcoholics?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by capgrup

If your asking why he drinks?, Then your safe as not to judge him.

He is dealing with a real evil spirit, demon from hell, so did your dad.

If your brother had a broken leg or something that you could see, with lots of pain going on because of it, that you could see, so much pain that it hurts you to see. You would be, like heck - drink drink.

Its what your not seeing with your eye's that's going on. Its the real evil playing real games with his thoughts and feelings.

Evil is causing this torment inside him, Evil is blaming him over something, its drink or commit sucide, the problem is that its evil behind it, wanting him to be so out of it, that he takes his life.

Your brother is in a battle for his life, the same evil that attacked your dad is attacking him.

Don't you try and take the evil on yourself, if your brother is drunk, the the chances are very high that this evil will use him to attack you.

evil knows your already asking about this, Because you feel helpless.

Now you can by free will ask GOD to help you understand, and what your should do.

If you care and love your brother, you would want to find out he commited suicide, after its to late.

This is real life demonic torment, your brother is only drinking in order to deal with this demon of torment.

Your prayer can't go against your brothers free will, GOD does not step over free will. Talk to your brother first and ask him if you can pray for him. Tell your brother that he can ask GOD for help, thats if the evil tormenting him, will allow him to hear you.

Your brother is dealing with a real demon for his life.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Anonymous;

I appreciate the reply. I am an atheist, so I don't know if praying is an option. My brother never really bothered with religion until his first rehab, and is even more so involved now. While I do not subscribe to his beliefs I really do hope it can help him.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by capgrup

Whether or not you are a believer in an intelligent creator, praying is always an option. There is a very important benefit to be had from praying, and it does not require a belief in anything. Try praying, it's worth it. Pray to your shoe or to the wall or to a doorknob. Stating you are an atheist indicates that you think you can control your surroundings. I challenge you to control your own emotions.

Try praying.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
Anonymous;

I appreciate the reply. I am an atheist, so I don't know if praying is an option. My brother never really bothered with religion until his first rehab, and is even more so involved now. While I do not subscribe to his beliefs I really do hope it can help him.

Thanks again.

I can understand why you might be wary of praying its something i never got my head round either.
What I do know is just talking helps whether it be in person through prayer or online. I promise Rehab isnt about religion and there is no need to even go down that route seems like your bro clicked on to it though.

its an old adage but a problem shared is a problem halved and i suppose i lots of ways thats what any 12 step programme is about.

whatever you do DONT FEEL GUILTY

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My sister is an alcoholic, and has been so for around 20 years. She has put herself in many bad situations and also attempted to take her own life. There are many times I have felt deep hatred toward her b/c of the pain she has cause my parents. I know now I should not hate anyone, especially family. Whether alcoholism is a disease or not, the binding truth is these individuals need help, not a crutch.

They need to know how their actions not only hurt them, but also hurt their family and friends. My family and I finally had an intervention with my sister. It was hard for all of us, but we let her know things had to change. Yes some feelings were hurt, but in the long run it was worth it. Sometimes confrontation is the best way to help. We let her know we had taken care of her and bailed her out of situations for the last time. The next time she "fell" we would not be there to catch her. Once she realized she no longer had us as her security blanket; she has cleaned up her act. She consistently goes to AA meetings and surrounds her self w/ positive people who will keep her in line.

I am never one to give advice because I have made my fair share of mistakes, but maybe family intervention could help. Good luck and God bless.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Stampthe95]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
My thoughts are alcohol isn't so good. There is a 12-step program
to help. Moderation or less.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join