It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary on Fast Food "Super Size Me" by Morgan Spurlock - Interesting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Zapping on TV after eating my home made couscous dinner, smoking a ciggie to chill, like a couch potatoe (joke!), I look at a channel where the following documentary was broadcasted:

Google Video Link

Are people in their right to sue a fast food company for their overweight?

Uh oh.. Am I able after this to still enjoy my Big Mac..?? Not that I never knew McDonalds isn't that good to eat at and all the rest that is known about McDonalds as a multinational that is not that good either..

More info on this documentary maker:

www.spurlockwatch.typepad.com...

Bon Appetite..!

[edit on 18/8/2008 by Storm_Indigochild]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Forgive me if this sounds rude, but I didn't understand half of what you typed. I will however chime in with a response to what I think you said.

No, people should not be allowed to sue fast food joints for making them fat. The way I loo at it is this, you ate "Fast Food" which is fast because they fry everything. You got fat. Your fault for eating nothing but fast food. The show th whitest kids u know did a parody of this, where they did supersize me with whiskey. Same concept but with drinking nothing but whiskey for 30 days. Point being? Not healthy. Further more this doccumentary only proved that Morgan Spurlock is a moron. "Hey guys, let's see what happens to my liver after eating McDonld's every meal, sometimes to the point that I am puking, just to prove what common sense already tells us"

The fact that morons like Spurlock can reproduce scares the living crap out of me.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Thank you for you opinion. First of all I am not a moron, not very nice to refere to me as being one! However, I did not say that I like Morgan Spurlock, I only said that I find that documentary interesting and refere to more information on this documentary maker.

edit for manners by spiderj

[edit on 8/18/2008 by Spiderj]

[edit on 18/8/2008 by Storm_Indigochild]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What about this film makes you think that Spurlock is a moron, or that he advocates suing fast food companies?

The documentary shows many examples of people who actually do eat fast food every day, although probably not for every meal. I personally have met people who eat more fast food than anything else. So right there, you can see that his experiment isn't as rooted in fantasy as you think.

Spurlock did what he did so that people would at least start paying attention to some of the dietary choices they make every day. Sometimes you have to do something extreme just to get people's attention. His film has actually caused some policy changes at some of the fast food chains.

But saying he's a moron, now that leads me to believe that you may have not even watched the film. Spurlock is very careful to explain what he is doing, why he is doing it, and how it is in no way at all the same as occasionally eating fast food.

It always amuses me how people who don't understand the point of the film usually attack the intelligence of both the creator and those who happened to enjoy the film.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't think Mr. Spurlock is a Moron, i believe that Supersizee me is an entertaining piece.
Even if you don't believe it, there are some people that don't know that eating MC's can get you overweight or sick, its not that they don't have common sense, its just that they don't give things the same significant value to experience.

Supersizeme me is as a modern documentary part fact , part fiction, there are plenty of detractors to Mr. Spurlock's work, some say that everything is faked, personally, i believe the film maker did in fact eat a lot of MC's, but not everyday, some scenes seem to me a bit acted, the results very predictable, It wasn't as bad as the director made it out to be in the sense that i was hoping he'd be twice as fat and sick by the end of the movie...
He was never in real danger of sying, thats for sure...

The docu also makes some good points, for instance, the part where we follow the tale of the woman with the sportsgym, she goes out of business because people simple don't care enough for their bodies to pay the high costs of being healthy

Another one the dark side of American school cafeterias, where the taxes pay for an obese youth, serving them fatty cardboard for lunch.

The statistics of obese population worldwide, and locally within the US, one can make all kinds of crazy patterns and find many odd things in that data...

incidentally, the eating MC's for a month turns out to be the moneyshot of the docu film, and that is entertainment!

i liked it, but not all of it is true, but what is???

[edit on 18-8-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I found this documentry intresting too. I don't think we should sue for doing something that is our choice... just let us know what is in the foods, etc. Ever since this movie McDonalds and other places have made a huge effort into making the food menu a bit healthier, and having nutriotion books and values out in plain sight, for everyone to see, etc.

The most startling thing I really remember from the movie is the french fries... that was just... wow. Didn't change or anything while the other potatoes were molding and rotting. Eww...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
here is the video with the fries experiment...

makes one wonder....

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ok, the fry experiment was just disturbing. Ten weeks and nothing??
This makes me so glad I don't eat that stuff.

I found the documentary interesting (I also like his 30 days show). It brings up many valid points that I think most people don't want to think about.

new topics

top topics

join