It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being redirected to a bad site.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When I place my cursor to the left of the page and try and scroll, I get redirected to the site mentioned below.

Since I use McAfee I get this warning page. This is happening on both my home and work computers. When this happens, I am not over anything, ad or otherwise. Just the blank background. All I do is try and scroll. It is repeatable, but only happens on an occasional page of a thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
have you run spybot or similar type program to see what is infecting your pc? it ain't from us.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
have you run spybot or similar type program to see what is infecting your pc? it ain't from us.

It is happening on both machines. No infection of any kind as the McAfee service stops me from being redirected. When they test the site it tries to compromise their computer.

When this happens, my cursor is not over an ad. Its just off to the left side where I usually put it to scroll down a page. This started yesterday and only on a couple of threads. Must be something attached to an ad I guess. I'm not much of a tech.

The first thing I do is check for spyware or viruses and both machines are clean. My work laptop is set for a complete scan every morning and this was the first site I visited today.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This thread seems to be about something similar or the same.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
seeing as my tech expertise consists of checking the plug, I'll direct you to this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and suggest you shoot Bill a u2u with the info or post it here with a u2u to him to check into this thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Will do. I've been running scans with different software and found nothing so far even with heuristic scans.

new topics

top topics

join