It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cross us and we will crush you, warns Medvedev

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Cross us and we will crush you, warns Medvedev

www.timesonline.co.uk

“If someone thinks they can kill our citizens, kill soldiers and officers fulfilling the role of peacekeepers, we will never allow this,” Mr Medvedev told a group of Second World War veterans in Kursk. “Anyone who tries to do this will receive a shattering blow.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Is President Medvedev sending a message to USA as well, I know this is meant for former soviet countries but he doesn't really specify who, he just says "Anyone who tries to do this will receive a shattering blow".

Imagine if this actually happens against the USA? This could be the beginning of WWIII. And if this happens, you can't left out countries like IRAN, North Korea by themselves, who do you think they will side with? This will be NWI (Nuclear War I), don't you think?

www.timesonline.co.uk

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by TheEnlightenedOne]

[edit on 18-8-2008 by TheEnlightenedOne]

[edit on 19/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
With the tension in the political rings these days... I wouldn't be surprised if a major war erupts from this conflict.

It's pretty much he said she said atm.

News Source

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
All this from a guy who is another man (Putins) [snip]

Mod Edit: Censor circumnavigation. Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 19/8/08 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Dont worry if the world gets nuked to bits, because the people who orchestrate it will sitting in their underground bases sipping wine and laughing at how stupid the world is.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think the actual translation was: "...will be met with a crushing response."

There's another emergency NATO meeting scheduled for tomorrow. It should be an interesting day.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well to my knowledge the sides are looking like this:

USA, Britain, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and other countries in NATO and the EU

VS.

Russia, China, N. Korea, India, Brazil, Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, and several Eastern Europe countries and ME countries.

Most countries are looking for allies right now. The African Union I'm not sure on, I assume with advanced tech. warfare being played they will try to lay low. It's going to be a horrendous catastrophe if this should transpire; as everyone knows. The conflict in Georgia and the controversy in Iran are going to largely shape the next steps the geo-political game take.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ok so the best thing to do is to leave them alone isn't it? I mean, unless they start mass genocide, just leave em alone. They were nice enough to warn us. Personally I don't want to get nuked cause some world leaders like to go in all guns blazing like it's a movie or something

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What's funny about this is that NATO had Russia as being part of them, although they were Neutral for a few years, it seems that Russia has become not a New Friend but a New Enemy!

NATO is wondering what to do with Russia, obviously the question whether or not to keep Russia as Neutral yet associated with NATO is up in the air.

We will see what happens tomorrow at the meeting!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

You're jumping the gun with China. China's financial interests do not lie with Russia, they lie with the EU and the US. I think it is far more likely if WWIII does break out, China will stay within her borders and attempt to keep completely out of it aside from providing supplies to both sides and working both angles secretly. Sooner or later, though, someone will attack China either directly or claiming it as an "accident." Personally, I think it's more likely that attacker will be from the Russia segment.

Granted, this assumes that China doesn't decide to be opportunistic and start making little land grabs like Taiwan here and there....

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Cross us and we will crush you...

www.timesonline.co.uk

“If someone thinks they can kill our citizens, kill soldiers and officers fulfilling the role of peacekeepers, we will never allow this,” Mr Medvedev told a group of Second World War veterans in Kursk. “Anyone who tries to do this will receive a shattering blow.”

LOL!The old soviet union under Kruchshev i think it was during the cuban missile crisis?He words were this to the Americans 'We will bury you'.Well times have changed and it looks like Russia is stuck in a Cold war with itself.All Russian troops must leave including those racist militias...er 'peacekeepers'.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"We will crush you"? That's so 1960's Cold War. Russia really needs to get up-to-date with their war posturing. Perhaps they could say something like "Cross us and we will spread peace and democracy!!!"

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sounds like they'd love to be next in line for receiving a face full of railgun technology that were currently tweakin, lol...

Since it is the 21st century maybe they're threats would be better phrased as...

"w3 WILL CRu5h joo Ku2 w3 R l337"

lol

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Spock Shock

and it sounds like americans like you would love to be vaporised by russian nuclear missiles that would annihilate USA

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Honestly, you're very misinformed if you think China is taking any side in this right now. They're not stupid and they don't get involved in pissing matches. Why do you think they are the oldest civilization on Earth? They get stuff done without killing their economy, and war with US = dead Chinese economy.

You cant just start throwing countries onto sides, the world doesn't work like that, it is way more complicated, way more.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by intelligent life]

new topics

top topics

join