It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know im not alone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
But among my family/Friend's /Associates.... I seem to be the only one who gets a bit upset when i see things like Haditha, im the only one who see's a news report and starts pulling it apart for any conspiracies/inconsistency's or get's angry when another of our freedom's get's erased.

It's making me very depressed and irritable,for example i just finished watching "Battle for Haditha" and all through the movie my girlfriend was playing a brain dead game like "Teddy Factory or Zuma" even all the gunfire and screaming didnt distract her

I try to start a conversation with anyone around me about Iraq and the only comment's i get are"They know what there doing/I dont give a s**t/blow em all to hell...ect"

Is there some sort of mind control going on around me?
Am i just loosing the plot?
I feel hyper alert and all others around me are brain dead.
Anyone got any advice for me....or a bullet.
Sorry for the rant but i need to talk with someone anyone

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
ill talk with ya
altho i might be a little brain dead i can still uphold a conversation or 2
i just watched that movie and i thught it was sad :/ marines killing inocent people. my overall opinion on iraq is the onley thing were doing so far is killing people and making more enemys. we might be helping too a sertan dagrea but over all we might be cassing more damage then good...and maybe the people around you dont care much about iraq beacuse they think/know they cant do anything :/ just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Dude i know what you mean

Sometimes it's enough to drive me crazy all these ignorant people surrounding me and complaining incessantly about anything and everything...

But try not to let it get to so much
People are just starting to wake up, IMO. I don't know what's going on here or what the government's up to with their mind control methods and secret treaties with insect-like ETs, but even i can recognise that times are changin - and on a grander scale than ever before, i believe..

People like you and i who refuse to accept what is being force-fed to us are only the tip of the ice-berg. We're not little sheepies anymore

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank's for the reply's.
Brain dead was probably going a bit far...i think what i meant is i "feel awake when all others around me are asleep"
I do see the good not just the bad in the world...but it's people who seem to be in a bubble of ignorance that really irk's me.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

If you persist in to your awakening then one day all will be clear…you will not fly…but every thing will be clear why you are what you are and why other are the way they are.
It is some time stressing and difficult to keep up with the strength need it to be a true “individual” but the reward are real in your mind.
It is not about taking part of one party or another but about seeing the grand picture through the lenses of non-judgmental mind.
Good luck,
Kacou.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK
But among my family/Friend's /Associates.... I seem to be the only one who gets a bit upset when i see things like Haditha, im the only one who see's a news report and starts pulling it apart for any conspiracies/inconsistency's or get's angry when another of our freedom's get's erased.

It's making me very depressed and irritable,for example i just finished watching "Battle for Haditha" and all through the movie my girlfriend was playing a brain dead game like "Teddy Factory or Zuma" even all the gunfire and screaming didnt distract her

I try to start a conversation with anyone around me about Iraq and the only comment's i get are"They know what there doing/I dont give a s**t/blow em all to hell...ect"

Is there some sort of mind control going on around me?
Am i just loosing the plot?
I feel hyper alert and all others around me are brain dead.
Anyone got any advice for me....or a bullet.
Sorry for the rant but i need to talk with someone anyone

There is a reason Jesus referred to people as "sheep"

You don't eat an elephant in one single bite, you have to take thousands of tiny bites. Feed them in small tiny bites.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
People dont want to get depressed.

Its that simple.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I understand people not wanting to get depressed...i don't want to get depressed.
But i do want people to have an informed opinion...to want to learn about the world around them.
I don't hound everyone about these thing's it's more an observation.
Iv also been told i expect too much from myself and expect as much of other's and that i should just put my head down and blend in lol....nope not my style

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK
Thank's for the reply's.
Brain dead was probably going a bit far...i think what i meant is i "feel awake when all others around me are asleep"
I do see the good not just the bad in the world...but it's people who seem to be in a bubble of ignorance that really irk's me.

Perhaps this question was "baited" out of me but what I would like to know is what qualifies one as not being in a bubble of ignorance? Certainly it could not be as simple as believing every conspiracy presented as truth since those that easily buy into that to an extreme degree in general feel as trapped in their bubbles as the ones simply unaware.

The best position in my view at this time is to be open to alternate possibilities without descending into the concomitant negativity that is designed to embroil your psyche.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
By EnlightenUp

Perhaps this question was "baited" out of me but what I would like to know is what qualifies one as not being in a bubble of ignorance?

I would say someone who is at least willing to explore the world around them,and is open to new ideas.

A lot of people i meet seem to feel safe and comfy with there very limited views or knowledge,and the moment you mention UFO or conspiracy they stick there fingers in there ears making LaLaLa noises.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
In my opinion the masses of humans are mindless hunks of meat sucking up valuable resources. Don't know if you've noticed but the average IQ of our fellow humans seems very low. I do wonder sometimes how these people get their shoes on the proper foot.

I see people walking around with their mouth hanging open and looking but not seeing out of vacant eyes. Inbreeding and damaged DNA could be a couple of reasons for this disparaging observation.

Integrity, the quest for knowledge, self esteem, self respect and respect for others is almost non existent. Our gene pool is apparently contaminated with the ''stupid gene". I see dumb people and it makes me so very ill.

As long as our government is supporting children having children and making it "normal" for generation after generation to join the ranks of the state supported, uneducated idiots we can not expect the majority of our citizens to be anything but sheep led around by the welfare system. They get a monthly check, free dental and medical care and a food stamp card. The government owns these people. Why should they think.....the government thinks for them.

Still others are gripped in the clutches of greed. They don't care what is happening in our world as long as they are making the almighty dollar. Don't misunderstand me, I enjoy money and what it can do. But it is not my God. It is merely a tool.

Until we have a cleansing of the human gene pool we will continue to see our earth populated with non thinking blobs of flesh passing for thinking people.

Is it really bad to want to decrease the earths population? As a christian it breaks my heart to even think of culling the population of idiots. It would go along way in solving many of our problems we now have. Why do we keep feeding people that are totally unproductive?

I seem to have gotten off on a rant and it's much to early to get this worked up so I'll say bye for now.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Thanks for your opinion dizziedame its appreciated.

Its also refreshing to see a Christian who is not blaming God..God may have set things up but i think its up to us to do the rest and grow.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
its just that when people have never experienced suffering they find it hard to understand the realities of other peoples suffering.

those who have empathy are capable of comprehding others realities,and those who have strict moralties and beliefs take an interest in others suffering with a sense of duty.

i tell you,those who say such things as you mentioned should try living in a warzone,in a land occupied by troops who dont care who they kill.

we here in our modern lifestyles look upon the world through tv screens and monitors not having to worry about the problems of others,detached and comfortable.its only when people start facing thier own problems can they relate to others who are experiencing the same.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Many of them know things are not right but practice cognitive dissonance. Others are just blinded by the brainwashing. I wrote a letter to my newspaper critical of Bush and got a phone call later that night from a woman who found my phone number somehow. After explaining a few things to her... she wanted me to know that she "just loved George Bush". I just hung up the phone. Its why Sarah Palin is popular, she's a milf. People don't care whether or not she is qualified. They want somebody pleasant to look at while getting a red hot poker up their ....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I can totally relate.

Even my friends look at me as if I was speaking mumbo jumbo.

I actually got in trouble with my parents the other day speaking of things like that. Seriously.

My mother tried to tell me that no one wants to hear that stuff. My father told me to keep it to myself. My boyfriend remains uninterested.

(Who gets in trouble for speaking their mind? Sheesh.)

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
Many of them know things are not right but practice cognitive dissonance. Others are just blinded by the brainwashing. I wrote a letter to my newspaper critical of Bush and got a phone call later that night from a woman who found my phone number somehow. After explaining a few things to her... she wanted me to know that she "just loved George Bush". I just hung up the phone. Its why Sarah Palin is popular, she's a milf. People don't care whether or not she is qualified. They want somebody pleasant to look at while getting a red hot poker up their ....

yes, we have descended into subliminal degenerative chaos.

the public no longer vote for the party or policies,they vote on personality.and the criteria for those personalities seem to have regressed into base ,primitive
instincts-can he protect me,is he/she attractive ,hes to old,to young.

what everyone is forgetting is that you are voting for a party ,not a person.if public decides thier vote purely upon wether they like or dislike obama,mcain,hillary or whomever then the battle is already lost ,they have no incling of how things really move.

candidates are irrelevant.

all the parties have to do to get in power now is to throw in a good personality and most folks will ignore everything else and be blinded by the celebrity driven instincts that have festered from the reptellian cortex of our brains into the almost dormant higher matter.

policy and action are all that matters.

top topics

join