It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yorkshire teenager becomes Britain's youngest convicted terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Don't know if this is the correct section to post this, but very interesting all the same.Yorkshire teenager becomes Britain's youngest convicted terrorist

A West Yorkshire schoolboy who possessed a guide to making napalm on his computer and notes on martyrdom under his bed today became Britain's youngest convicted terrorist.

If they are starting that young, what hope do we have??

Mod Edit - Fixed URL

[edit on 18/0808/08 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How old was he it didnt say oh and you have to leave a space before you put the link there.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
yeah can you please make the link right.

and it is strange if he only got convicted for that.

that thought crime stuff is going the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
ok thanks for the link that makes things clearer.

the prison system wont do him any good, or make him better it is sad that people get that bad influence

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Teenage males expressing an interest in things that blow up, catch on fire, or go boom? My God man! When did THIS start happening?!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Tgheres a difference between having an interest and going out and killing hundreds of people.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Teenage males expressing an interest in things that blow up, catch on fire, or go boom? My God man! When did THIS start happening?!

When I was a teenager we used to take shotgun shells apart and bury the gunpowder and blow it up electronically with Estes Rocket igniters. We also used to modify Estes Rockets to take a homemade warhead using a can of butane a nail and a .25 caliber round. Then we would fire it off in a home made bazooka made with vacuum cleaner tubes. In Boy Scouts we made contact explosive and painted it on the meeting room floor so it would explode when people walked on it, but it only made small explosions like caps in a cap gun. Tinkering with explosives is a natural thing to do.

It sounds like the court had more evidence than just napalm plans though. It included addresses and private information on the Royal Family and a guide to killing non-Muslims among other things . Yeah I would definitely say this lad is a terrorist.

Britain had better kick all those ignorant Mullahs out of the country who are teaching the children to hate like this. People do not get like this without somebody mentoring them.

[edit on 8-18-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Britain had better kick all those ignorant Mullahs out of the country who are teaching the children to hate like this. People do not get like this without somebody mentoring them.

The people responsible for making these kids think this way, are no other than the British Government. Their wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are the biggest factor in young Muslims turning too extremism.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
reply to post by groingrinder

The people responsible for making these kids think this way, are no other than the British Government. Their wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are the biggest factor in young Muslims turning too extremism.

So true, all this "War on Terror" has done is create more recruits for terrorists, and bring it closer to home.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I saw this article today as an update, then I looked for a thread and found this one already started.

I'll be the first one to tell anyone I don't know anything about the laws in the UK, but I see some problems.

Just about anything of any type of searches that don't comply with government dogma can be interpreted as terroristic in nature.

Downloaded videos or pdf files can be easily left in the temp directory on the hard drive. This isn't the fault of the user, but the software the user uses. Making napalm or other improvised explosives, can easily be found in the Anarchist Handbook. Doesn't need to be some Mideastern terrorist web site.

As for addresses of people, you can find web sites within the US that list doctors who perform abortions, any registered lobbyist for any group, all elected officials from mayor to prez and just about anyone else you can think of. You see where this is heading?

More importantly, the government of both the UK and USA can and does look at many people's web activities through a couple of different surveillance programs. So, if you have done anything already, you're probably flagged.

I don't agree with the young man's politics but I do think he was used as an example to show the masses what can happen if you go out of bounds as defined by the post 9/11 government rules.

He could have been smarter, but then, terrorists aren't known for acute mental abilities.

top topics

join