It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templar 'Heirs' Sue Pope For Billions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

www.npr.org

A group of people claiming to be the heirs of the legendary Knights Templar are suing Pope Benedict XVI, seeking more than $150 billion for assets seized by the Catholic Church seven centuries ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is very interesting, but like the article says, I doubt they will see a penny. They could get an apology at most but even that is pushing it. The majority of Knights were in hiding and would never admit their association so I don't see how these people can prove they are heirs.

www.npr.org

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by taybes

Besides, the Pope is old, but not that old.

Is there not a statute of limitations?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
150 billion = hilarious.

What a stupid news story (no offense).

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by taybes

They will not get a cent, in fact, they could get a whole lot of things that will make them regret that they tried to mess around with what the Church stole.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah I would think that bringing up charges that are 7 centuries old would fall outside of the statute of limitations, if there is one. I think this is purely symbolic and they would be lucky to get an apology.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

No offense taken. I agree, this should fall into the what the hell were they thinking category

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Probably just a publicity stunt

or theyre just trying to make a bit of money

or theyre telling the truth

which is more likely?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The process of proving themselves as descendants of The Templars is one thing. The geneologists will have to use DNA.

The legal execution of the right to sue the Vatican is altogether a different subject.

Let us wait until hell freezes over to find out what happens.

I wish them the best.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey Spain still tries to claim the content of any ships of theirs found any place in the world and that was centuries ago. They stole if fair and square they believe from the native Americans I guess. If they can lay claim to money from hundreds of years ago that they plundered from America how do these people have any less of a case against the Roman Catholic Church?

Everyone tries to shoot for the Moon when they start out with a law suit. They will settle for a lot less quietly out of court if they get anything at all. IMHO

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Im now pestering my dad to hurry and finish the family tree, im skint at the moment and a share of 150 billion would be a nice touch

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Old news, I posted this before, without a single response

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of this, except even crazier than Dr.evil

[edit on 18-8-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am interested to find out how they expect to collect anything from the Vatican.

I say this because the Vatican is its own sovereign nation. Meaning the only jurisdiction that they fall under is their own....

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What would Jesus do? .. lol haha

aside from the comedy show... if they were to get their "assets" back then what about all the other people effected by the church?

What about the pagan - country-folk who were manipulated/tortured etc.. ?

Just because they don't belong to a group they don't deserve some kind of reparation?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Good luck seeing a cent out of this. An apology perhaps.
Be interesting to see.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

What about the pagan - country-folk who were manipulated/tortured etc.. ?

PuRe EnErGy I was going to mention that myself. Does anyone know if any descendents have even tried to sue?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Anybody can sue anybody.
But the problem with sueing the catholic criminals is the endless check book they have and the kinds of teams of mr burns lawyers they can pay.
Catholic criminals often settles out of court maybe they will just get a million or so.
Id be happy with that.
A court battle with them over this would be a waste of there own money because the end result would probably be they lose with costs.
Oh and what huge costs they would be.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by taybes

www.npr.org

A group of people claiming to be the heirs of the legendary Knights Templar are suing Pope Benedict XVI, seeking more than $150 billion for assets seized by the Catholic Church seven centuries ago.

Maybe Jaques De Molay is reincarnated?

Anyway the ' heirs' won't get a penny.

The King of France, Philip IV, surnamed Le Bel or The Fair, compelled the Pope to condemn the Templars in 1310 and to decree the abolition of theirs assests.

Pope Clement V belonged to the King's camp. He was put on the Holy Chair by Philip himself in 1305.

ALL of the Templars money went into the Kings treasurebox (France was in so much in debt that Philip carried out his plan to take (steal legally) the enormous wealth of the Knights Templar.

The Order seized to exist and most Templars were tortured by the Inquisition.

So ..... they better shud sue France!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Then the knights templar, hospitaler and some of the knights malta moved to Ireland and ended up with the Catholic/Protestant problem... John De Lafontaine my relative...

[edit on 18-8-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join