It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC convention passes feature upside down US flag.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You just can't make this stuff up,

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It's not a big deal. I highly doubt he had ANYTHING to do with this. He has bigger fish to fry than designing phamplets. It's not a big deal regardless. I wish folks would focus on important issues, rather than stupid stuff like this.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Its taken a more serious tone than I originally intended. On the first page I pointed out I was only posting this in response to the ridiculous McCain cheating thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Good for them. I wear an American flag upside down as a patch on my jacket.

Maybe if more people realized that the US no longer stands for freedom they would do the same.

It's just a piece of cloth anyways.

I wish people like you would leave my country and never return. Ever. It's a travesty you have the right to vote. I'm sick and tired of spoiled brats that don't know how good they have it. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm ashamed you call yourself an American.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Wow. Let me reiterate...WOW! I hope that was sarcasm - sometimes I can't tell.

Either way, I for one am glad theendisnear69 is a part of our country. He/she is the kind me and mine fought to protect. Of course, we still will defend your rights, too.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Visit any other country before you even try and justify what you just said.

You mean to any number of countries that offer health care to all of their people, and don't illegally occupy other sovereign nations? How about one that spends more than the USA on military? ZERO, Nada, none! Amerika is the king of bomb spending topping 650 Billion dollars per year and that's what is in the sunshine! The land of the free incarcerates more than 7 million people in prison, more than half in for petty drug charges with untreated mental disorders and addictions, more than any other nation in total or per capita...It send millions of children to woefully under funded schools hungry every morning...and has many a single mothers unable to feed her children while those who wrap up in the flag look the other way...while their grand parents and elderly going with substandard care if any at all...losing their life savings as everything is sold off because the USA refuses to take care of her people until every last penny is gone first...so the beast makes more bombs, weapons of mass destruction, guns, ammunition, tanks, fighter jets, run these useless carriers all over earth intimidating other nations and pushing the fascist imperialist agenda, occupying other nations and funding / staffing hundreds of military bases worldwide to prop up the system...and the US does it literally by robbing it's own citizenry and raping those around the world...unless of course you happen to be in the upper 1%, then everything done actually does benefit you.

Just what exactly were you trying to justify sir?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
You mean to any number of countries that offer health care to all of their people

You mean the countries where people have to run to the United States so they can have neurosurgery before they die of brain cancer? I know of many cases where people would be dead if they didn't run here for their diagnostics and treatment. This is an economic issue, and one neither of us are very qualified to rant about.

and don't illegally occupy other sovereign nations?

There aren't many that wouldn't if they could. The worst the U.S. in recent history is probably Iraq, and that isn't going too badly. And while I'm against nation building, Saddam was worse than anything the U.S. has done.

And the occupation of Iraq is completely legal, as Iraq violated cease-fire agreements several times since the end of the Gulf War and has actually shot at U.S. aircraft. The U.S. finally went in because of Saddam's WMD bluff. The justification originally given was wrong (and I'm as annoyed as you are about that), but in terms of treaties and international law, it was just.

How about one that spends more than the USA on military? ZERO, Nada, none! Amerika is the king of bomb spending topping 650 Billion dollars per year and that's what is in the sunshine!

You spelled America wrong. That annoys me. Thanks.
But isn't it incredible? Per GDP, The United States actually doesn't spend that much (somewhere under 4.0% - historically pretty low). If it did, and if it conscripted, it could come pretty close to dominating the world. Imagine if the United States was like the Soviet Union after the end of World War II? When it was the only power with the atomic bomb? That wouldn't have ended well - it's rare for any nation in human history to show such restraint of coercion.

The land of the free incarcerates more than 7 million people in prison, more than half in for petty drug charges with untreated mental disorders and addictions, more than any other nation in total or per capita...

Actually people don't go to prison for mental disorders, even if they commit crime. They get treated for it. The drug war is a load of crap, but what do you do, not put people in jail for committing crime?

It send millions of children to woefully under funded schools hungry every morning...

Actually, they almost always have free/reduced lunch programs. I know this because I got free lunch, as my parents had an income low enough for me to qualify. And schools aren't under-funded. The problem is the teachers and the material being taught.

and has many a single mothers unable to feed her children while those who wrap up in the flag look the other way...

Okay?

while their grand parents and elderly going with substandard care if any at all...

Huh? There's a ton of care for the elderly, without even taking personal savings or family aid into account. Not to mention health care.

losing their life savings as everything is sold off because the USA refuses to take care of her people until every last penny is gone first...

Nope.

so the beast makes more bombs, weapons of mass destruction, guns, ammunition, tanks, fighter jets, run these useless carriers all over earth intimidating other nations and pushing the fascist imperialist agenda, occupying other nations and funding / staffing hundreds of military bases worldwide to prop up the system...

Hahaha. Yeah, you have no idea what fascism or imperialism are, do you? You wouldn't be saying that if you did.

and the US does it literally by robbing it's own citizenry and raping those around the world...unless of course you happen to be in the upper 1%, then everything done actually does benefit you.

Actually the top 10% pays 85% of the taxes. The progressive tax system is very...progressive, to the point where I oppose it. But with defense spending at a mere 3.7% of GDP, I fail to see how it's robbing anyone.

Stop making things up. You don't sound cool.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde

I'm amazed anything thinks this is an issue

why? lots of people get pretty bent out of shape about the flag being upside down. mine's been flying that way since 9/12/2001.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

wow. if i were to wish that someone would leave this country, which i would never presume to do, it might be people who tell other people to leave when said other people say things they don't agree with, especially when what other people said clearly expresses alarm for that same exact freedom. yeah. that would be my only criteria.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

The top 1% under Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II have been given more than $22 trillion dollars in tax cuts since 1977. More than 50,000,000 Americans have no health coverage and another 150 million are woefully undercovered while defense spening skyrockets along with record trillion dollar deficits...and this while the extreme wealthy take advantage of tax cuts! You support this...unbelievable! You know who is going to pay for this racket right? America's great great grandchildren...if we make it that long (given 50 thousand plus nukes ready to be shot off at a moment's notice). And by the way, while these Democratic and Republican administrations were busy paying off the elites, they were also busy doing something else...they were busy cutting aid to the poor with social program cuts.

And wouldn't it be nice if the American news would start showing us pictures of this gigantic mammoth of an embassy that they are building in Iraq? It's the world's largest. How come we never get to see it? Why is all of the secrecy surrounding this phony war on terror...the occupation?

As Maxwell says...your don't need know, all you need to do is keep watching the ballgames, be entertained, and not poke around and ask any questions while those in the elite power circles continue to get away with doing whatever they want and using the people as their slaves. If you buy the party lines I think you'd buy just about anything and indeed it appears so.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

The upper 10% also own the bulk of the wealth in America and benifit the most from the propped up system that favors them thus an obligation to support the very system that they profit the most from.

Fascism is corporate control of the govn't (totalitarianism) and imperialism is the extention of rule or authority of a nation over foreign countries.

You of course are entitled to keep on believing whatever it is you do. As long as you and millions of others continue to do so, the powerful in charge will continue to do as they have been doing, and people like you will go on defending them. Un freakin' believable! Yet predictable, just like spring rain and putting the sheep out to graze.

Getting back to the flag issue: I can't believe how much people knit pick about that piece of cloth. Remember the thread about the flag taken off each candidate's plane? What a rediculous waste of band width and now this!

Even if it were upside down, it's somewhat apropo given the state of the country...isn't the upside down flag to designate the nation being in distress? One could put forth many a compelling argument in favor of that... Anyway, the point is mute because it is just some pretty amazing graphics for marketing purposes. These stupid posts used to smear one or the other candidates really needs to stop in the interest of promoting adult intelectual discussion rather than elementary (at best) ones. Plus it is used as a convenient side tracker from what is really going on the issues that truley effect us and matter the most! I understand the McCain campaign has a rewards system now in place for those who blog the party talking points the most at various web sites...how low can one stoop? To me, this takes the prize!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

I wouldn't recommend anyone pass this off as coincidence.
I think Obama is trying to make a statement subliminally.
I don't think "Change" from Obama is what most people imigine when he says the word, or displays the word next to his name, and no one can tell me what this change is.
When they tried, Obama himself teetered up or down on his see-saw stance and made their argument null.
This instance only seems as if it were, just a continuation of the practice he is employing, that he wants to express to us and other nations.

So who is Obama? What is the message behind the word and what is the message?
I don't know exactly, but I think if he is elected, we're all going to be in for a big surprise when we do find out.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Maybe the glass is just too small?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

Contact Delta or your travel agent. Honey you need to get away and fly out of that red state and visit the coast. Get amongst some thinkers and hit the dance floor. Spread your wings and feel some real freedom!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Your story about Francis Scott Key is bogus history. Francis Scott Key was in the War of 1812 not the Revolutionary War. Britain hadn't been "the mother country" for over 30 years. The states hadn't been "colonies" for more than a generation, so no one there at the time would use those terms.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Am I the only one to notice that the DNC's Red Stars on the outside of the Pepsi Center look like Marxist Red Stars?

Is that a Freudian Slip?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The upside down American flag's official meaning is that the country is in distress. I doubt this was a deliberate thing, but prophetic non the less...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
reply to post by AndrewTB

Ahh I have been to plenty of countries.

So please tell me what makes this flag so special?

This reminded me of a funny Bill Hicks bit: "I personally do not believe in burning the flag. It's a personal belief, but I'll tell you something, I think people are overreacting, oh, just a little bit. "Hey buddy, my daddy died for that flag." Well, I bought mine. Sorry. You know they sell them at K-Mart for three bucks, you're in, you're out, brand new flag, no violence was necessary. "Hey buddy, my daddy died in the Korean war for that flag." What a coincidence — my flag was made in Korea!"

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join