It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind readers??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
hello, i was whondering is it possible for someone to actualy hear your thoughts? beacuse i think a good amount of people have this ability but whene i search for it online i cant find anything. why is that? also if they can read your mind what else could they do to it? could they minipulate your thoughts into thinknig whatever they whant you to think? like they can make you scared. or happy. or make you think that this person is bad and this person is good. and if they can read your thoughts they can probley rush your mind with other thoughts...like make you hear negitive voices and such. is this possible? and sry for if im posting in the wrong fourm i just choose one that seems to fit. if its the wrong fourms plz move it thx

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
True mind readers are very rare, possibly non-existent. However, "empaths" are not. That is probably closer to what you need to be searching for on the internet.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
empaths? never heard of that before o.0 o and also thx for the reply

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Maxell]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think an empath is someone who:

Can feel the state of others, positive or negative, pleasure or pain, good or bad, simply by being in a certain proximity to them.

There are also ones who can sense all of the above mentioned things, but only the ones of the most extreme variety or circumstance, and only if it is happening to a loved one and/or blood relative. Perhaps step parents as well can be sensed, I have seen no evidence of it though. But this ability exists and it is real I have seen it in action a few times over the pas 2 years. My mother started getting weird dreams about my biological father, and these occurred before he passed away unexpectedly one night last July. So the week before he unexpectedly died, she kept telling me she as dreaming about him and woried. Then we get the phone call from my Aunt saying he passed away that previous night. This also happened with HER sister the days before she unexpectedly died.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxell

I've never heard of true mind readers, but like mentioned above, people who can sense very strongly, the emotions of others.
I think mind readers in the mainstream sense don't exist (prove me wrong), but empaths are real and so is telepathy IMO.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
dang. well thx for alllll the info
its really helped me clear my head of a fiew thoughts and head echs lolz.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Empathy - by putting yourself in someone else's shoes it's easier to guess what they are thinking. But even with practice, mistakes can be made.

There's more to it than that though... I feel the mood of people around me all the time. Most are more negative than I am so I need to stay away from them... otherwise it tends to bring my mood down to their level which can be quite uncomfortable.

Brain waves exit our bodies and we probably pick this up on an unconscious level. Those 'in tune' can pick up on these signals. The tricky part is differentiating what you're feeling vs. what someone else is feeling. The lines become blurred for an empath, because it's like feeling multiple things at once. Also, there's no words involved, more of a feeling or knowing.

You can practice by listening and being more aware of your own thoughts, rather than just letting them run in the background.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe I am just imagining it because of my past but this is my first time hearing of empaths and I feel as if I may be one, at least on the lowest of levels. I have always felt as if I could feel the different energy levels and emotions of others in a room, which consquently led to me feeding off of others emotions.

Anyone here an empath so maybe I can compare and contrast?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Empathy - by putting yourself in someone else's shoes it's easier to guess what they are thinking. But even with practice, mistakes can be made.

There's more to it than that though... I feel the mood of people around me all the time. Most are more negative than I am so I need to stay away from them... otherwise it tends to bring my mood down to their level which can be quite uncomfortable.

Brain waves exit our bodies and we probably pick this up on an unconscious level. Those 'in tune' can pick up on these signals. The tricky part is differentiating what you're feeling vs. what someone else is feeling. The lines become blurred for an empath, because it's like feeling multiple things at once. Also, there's no words involved, more of a feeling or knowing.

You can practice by listening and being more aware of your own thoughts, rather than just letting them run in the background.

So are you claiming to be an empath or.....?

Just wondering so I can figure out first hand from an actual empath.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
lol
it seems the topic i posted is helpfull more then 1 way. helping empaths descover themselfs
well anyways i hope your questions will be answered as have mine

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Maxell]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I will probably get a firestorm of scepticism from this...but I am an empath.

I am able to sense feelings from people, places, and objects.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What about remote viewing, or saying something unaware that it is what the other persona round you is doing/and or thinking, Or be able to somehow fast forward in your mind to a place your going to an be able to describe various features about it without having prior knowledge of such.

These things have prolly happened to you, if not, I may need help lol

the remote viewing I play as a game with people I meet online after knowing them for a while of course, but I will have them grab a random object near them, have them say their name, an have them just relax an hold that object, I will then close my eyes an relax an see what pops into my head, I have been able to get a good number of details straight, not basic either, pretty discriptive, Like this one person I talked to, I told her a yellow duck in a listing of discriptive worlds just written down altogether an they picked out a few of what I say to be true but not the duck, I then was liek are you sure, look around it could be a image as well, what about the duck, an then theyre like oh wow theres a duck my kid is holding on my desktop.

I believe all of us have this an many other abilities, but we lack the understanding of how to train ourselves as a whole an to look at everything not just what we think needs to be focused on.

being empath is another way of saying your " extra sensitive ", i tend to find alot of empathic people are very creative folks with a open armed view on life.

an to the above poster, dont worry about being flamed, to flame you for saying that is the same as flaming someone who says they are good at playing a instrument, everyone can do it with practice, but many think it takes a extra skill.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o

I will probably get a firestorm of scepticism from this...but I am an empath.

I am able to sense feelings from people, places, and objects.

Hi fishneedh2o,

Can you please elaborate upon your attributes and other characteristics with being an empath? Particular situations would help too!

-Joe-

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

you know I think it is something you are born with. ~sidenote: my daughter sees/talks to dead people and can see auroras~ My guess it is hereditary but most families don't like to tell their kids it's ok to do this stuff so many people are not able to work on their "gifts".

I can't connect with everyone. I think it has something to do with the electronic frequency your body emits. Much like a radio station. If our frequencies are in sync I am able to " feel" when you have extreme emotions, mainly sadness.

I had a friend that when ever we would hang out I would get depressed for weeks afterword due to his emotional baggage. Needless to say we don't hang out anymore.

I am able to get "vibes" from old furniture.

When I was in my teens I visited Alcatraz and had a panic attack inside. I could not be inside the prison. The feelings it gave me were too overwhelming.

I hope this helps.

Fish

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

"Extra-sensitive" huh? I like that alot! In my elementary school days and even into highschool years I was not treated with much respect to put it lightly.
In spite of that, I have been empathetic towards others almost on a constant and consistent basis.
However, it felt more compulsory at first but then built my life around it (which kind of feels like some kind of manipulation from others possibly but nothing I regret).

Of lately I have turned down a bit to further my advance as a sane person and not constantly worry about others. I have found selfishness to actually balance my self out in times of great desire. E.g. Wanting a particular friend or girlfriend. In no way am I claiming and asserting to have lacked selfishness but rather, just imagine it as a balance scale.

being empath is another way of saying your " extra sensitive ", i tend to find alot of empathic people are very creative folks with a open armed view on life.

I guess to determine if I am creative is to ask my peers, my friends to attribute that to me. I presume they would say yes.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

Wow. I really am in the dark now. Your characteristics are off the charts compared to mine. For instance, depending on a house I go into, such as one of my close friends (who I will not speak his name), I feel really drained as if all the energy is slipping from my body. Conversely, I feel more relaxed and serene. It will generally vary from house to house but it has not crossed my mind until i read this thread. I guess you may consider this similar to your characteristics but it seems by your description, that mine are very low level.

No dead people for me.

Auras maybe unless you count when it is on a one shade background and I stare at a person's whole being with focused and peripheral vision for about 20 seconds, do I see a white translucent film encapsulate a particular person's body.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Yes.... I was meaning auras, Dang my spell check function.

I have the same feeling most of the time, as if all my energy is draining from my body. It can be rather difficult to be out and about.

I am guessing you are a younger fella and just have not had time to develop these things yet. Give it some time.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Empaths? You have been watching too much "Star Trek"!

Seriously, I have ordered a book about Wolf Messing. He had the ability to read minds and thoughts. He lived in Stalin's USSR, so there was little room for error, as Mr Stalin was not a man you would want to try to fool. I will write back with a review when I am done reading it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Everyone's an Empath to some degree, it depends on how open you are to the experience... Personality traits mat have something to do with it too. Personally I feel other's emotions, and physical states, I steal the thoughts outta my friends heads. You probably do it to, I hear " I was just going to say that! " all the time lol.
It's like trying to remember a dream, the harder you try the more difficult it is to do
It happens best when relaxed, so meditation's a good idea.
Do you aura cleanse or smudge? Feeling other ppls feelings can wear you out a bit, and taint your own aura.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxell

Hey maxell, give up on the asian girl. She likes your friend.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join