It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you think that God is omnipotent, then do not deny evil from it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hello once again,

I hate to see how people and religious groups strip their gods from omnipotency by denying evil from the God. It is like stealing 50% of God's properties if he cannot be evil.

What comes to the christianity, many people seem to forget that God as also evil; God created Satan, and when Moses performed miracles in Egypt, many people tend to forget that it was God whom hardened Pharaoh's heart not to let Hebrews leave the slavery.

So then, people still keep asking why does God allow such evil in world? Answer of course is that God is evil (as well as good). Those who deny evil from God are denying God.

So all the religious sects and cults that are promoting the concept of God being only good, are in fact liars and denying the God's omnipotency.

Happy thoughts

-v

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Moreover, "evilness" is only one aspect of God. What to human beings may appear as "evil", because of their limited understanding, is the purpose of God. Maybe God wants that babies die young so that they don't have suffer because the evilness of their parents and environment.

I'll go

Be well,

-v

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Satan TURNED evil.
Of his own accord. God did not 'harden his heart' and make him fall out of love with Him.
Pharaoh would NOT let the Hebrews go and eventually God let him have his own way, without conscience! He didn't MAKE him do it, He just took away his feeling of guilt in his heart!

Without satan and fallen man, this world would be filled with God's goodness.
No disease, no murder, no evil whisperer suggesting things that are wrong to do...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

No my friend God isn't evil, God is pure Good. You actually mean to say that God is "Omniscient", meaning he has the knowledge of Good and evil. Logically speaking God could NOT be pure good unless there was evil to judge or contrast his goodness to.

God created Satan with the same free will he created us with and Satan decided he wanted to be God, wanted to be worshiped.

Remember that is how Satan deceived the woman in the garden, he told her she "Surely wouldn't die" and that she would "be like God".

The fruit from that tree once eaten wasn't evil fruit, it was the tree of the "KNOWLEDGE of good and evil".

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
reply to post by v01i0

FOR REAL, that is real talk right there. Brainwashed pigs!

No, that is a "straw man argument", it's logical promiscuity. What the OP did was create a false version of God and shot down that false version he created.

It's a logical fallacy:

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

1. Person A has position X.
2. Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
3. Person B attacks position Y.
4. Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

www.nizkor.org...

Consider "position A" to be the Word of God as written in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
if god created everything so he thence created evil as well, and therefore evil is part of him.

Originally posted by Clearskies

Pharaoh would NOT let the Hebrews go and eventually God let him have his own way, without conscience! He didn't MAKE him do it, He just took away his feeling of guilt in his heart!

oh no? you should read the bibble. in first or second book of moses, it specifically says that god did harden the heart of pharao so that he didn't listen moses. it clearly stands there in black and white!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
... Logically speaking God could NOT be pure good unless there was evil to judge or contrast his goodness to. ...

Actually, that is ILLOGIC speaking.

The bible tells you that there will come a time when there will be NO evil, no rebellion, sickness, death, etc. There will come a time when God says he will answer his people's prayers before they have even finished asking.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Huh? Ultimately if god wouldn't have needed the validation and approval of beings that he keeps under his foot, then there would not have a world filled with disease and evil.

It's a pretty screwed up concept to create beings to love you and then exercise your power over them when they question your authority and reason by casting them into some fire pit for all of eternity. This in itself makes no logical sense unless of course, god is also (at the very least) partially evil.

All this talk of god being goodness and greatness blah blah. He admits to being jealous and will (according to his peon worshippers) throw well intentioned ppl in hell simply bc they wouldn't believe that a man named jesus was god bc that is what a book said to do.. they wanted solid proof before jumping into the waters of (what seems to be) illusion. Shame on the questioners who don't want to be deceived by moral propaganda.. shame I say!

Sounds like a terrific god

[edit on 18-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

It's a pretty screwed up concept to create beings to love you and then exercise your power over them when they question your authority and reason by casting them into some fire pit for all of eternity. This in itself makes no logical sense unless of course, god is also (at the very least) partially evil.

What would you think of a judge who arbitrarily decided who he would send to jail who were convicted of murder?

What would you call such a judge? Corrupt, unjust?

Exact same with God, he gave us his commandments, when we choose to ignore them or do things our own way anyways then he has to render punishment or else he wouldn't be just, he would be a corrupt judge.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

No my friend God isn't evil, God is pure Good. You actually mean to say that God is "Omniscient", meaning he has the knowledge of Good and evil.

The fruit from that tree once eaten wasn't evil fruit, it was the tree of the "KNOWLEDGE of good and evil".

hmm, but without experience there cannot be knowledge? so you have to experience evil before having knowledge about it or how do you consider you'll gain knowledge a priori in this, or any matter?

actually, you have to be evil in order to experience it, in order to have comphrehensive knowledge about it.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Geemor]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

having your creation fighting over each other is very fun!. people are so navie

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalWhat would you think of a judge who arbitrarily decided who he would send to jail who were convicted of murder?

What would you call such a judge? Corrupt, unjust?

Exact same with God, he gave us his commandments, when we choose to ignore them or do things our own way anyways then he has to render punishment or else he wouldn't be just, he would be a corrupt judge.

Why did he not just make robots then? If doing things my own way and learning from them is so wrong, then why not just take away my free will since having free will technically means I should be FREE to exercise my will w/out fear of punishment.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geemor
if god created everything so he thence created evil as well, and therefore evil is part of him.

Originally posted by Clearskies

oh no? you should read the bibble. in first or second book of moses, it specifically says that god did harden the heart of pharao so that he didn't listen moses. it clearly stands there in black and white!

'Hardening your heart' doesn't just mean arterial sclerosis or 'MAKING someone Do evil.
Mountainretreatorg

Can God endure with long suffering (patience) retraining man, and then end His patience and release His restraint as Judgment on Him, that God might be glorified in that? Absolutely! It's God's sovereign right to restrain sin in the lives of whoever He wants to Save, taking away our stony heart (Ez. 36:26) and giving us a heart of flesh. It's called His Grace, or sovereign right to have mercy on whomever He wants. Likewise, it's His Sovereign right not to take away our stony heart or to remove His hand of softening power that our hearts might grow even harder and as deceitfully wicked as we by nature want it. Man's wrath against God and his wickedness in this world, is used to Glorify God.

Psalms 76:10

"Surely the wrath of man shall praise God."
Indeed it will and has! And so the more obstinate Pharaoh became (which he was by nature), the more glorious the victory of God is as he leads the Children of Israel out of Egypt. Notice what we read just three verses later..

Exodus 9:16

"And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to show in thee My Power; and that My name may be declared throughout all the earth.
as yet exaltest thou thyself against My people, that thou will not let them go?"

Exd 7:16 And thou shalt say unto him, The LORD God of the Hebrews hath sent me unto thee, saying, Let my people go, that they may serve me in the wilderness: and, behold, hitherto thou wouldest not hear.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i think i gave too hasty reply here - sorry and deleted.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No, that is a "straw man argument", it's logical promiscuity. What the OP did was create a false version of God and shot down that false version he created.

It's a logical fallacy:

i fail to see the logic in that strawman agrument,
or you fail to use formula correctly.

if god is everything he surly must be evil to
heck for god to be omnipotent he to must know how to get lost,
how to kill without feeling regret and even be able deny him/her-self,

denile in what god can do or be is actual blasphemy

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Geemor

Clearly that is the point of religion; to not think about things for yourself. To adopt the "moral" standard of someone else and to impose it on others. Perfect set up for disaster if you ask me, which goes to show.... god is evil

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

denile in what god can do or be is actual blasphemy

blasphemy indeed! if god created everything, how did it somehow managed not to create evil as well? there is something to think about... well not for me nor for you, but for somebody else

they say "god is everything". i wonder what that means if god is not evil? "god is everything (except evil)"?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Evil has to exist so that you can do good.

It has to exist for free will to exist.

If there is no opposite, you have no definition of the other thing that would've been the opposite.

There'd be no definition of the word 'good' if we did not have the capacity to do evil, and anything we can do is a creation by God. It really boils down to allowing free will..

If theres no evil, then you have no reason to see God as good and follow God. Because naturally, there would have never been a reason to preach to begin with, and never a reason to need to save the world from sin and all this. Sin would not exist as a word with a definition in our psyche you see, and neither would the word 'good' if there was no 'evil'.

So yes, God did create evil. In doing so, it allowed the creation and spreading of doctrines to do good called 'religions', even though many do mostly evil instead. But this is free will. If they do evil, they will be judged by God after death, but before that, they'll stand as something not to follow while alive.

[edit on 8/18/2008 by runetang]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join