It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Helps China to Intimidate Taiwan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
don't forget China is the only country in the world that has capitalism and communism within one country, plus why nearly every country in the world including US admit China is the representative of Chinese nation and war Taiwan not to make mistake?
well it's a painful thing to read the post like this cause from my point of view u guys just can't say goodbye to the cold war when we are concerntrating on economy development and this really makes me feel angry
(----like u suddenly know ur neighbour is planing to throw a knife in ur chest with the reason he invented.......
thought we are communisim but what makes u hate it? just cause it has differ gov from u? i admit the gov in China is not as effecient and incorrupt as urs now but tyrant can't rule a real civilized country, if u study history u will learn taiwan belongs to china from 1400 ac and the gov now in taiwan was supported by US gov after WWII, before losing the control of the mainland the for-gov took all the treasure and important files to taiwan. what we want now is taiwan back to China and they can keep their gov , army,etc.....can u imagine after the civil war of America Abraham Lincoln agreed to keep the foe gov??

none of the Chinese in mainland or Taiwan want war cause we don't like killing each other. if u do a reasearch u will find out the support rate of the president who want to be a "country"'s president won by not more than 35% and his support rate now is lower than his competitor.

any suggestion and ideas are welcomed.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by taobo33]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by taobo33
don't forget China is the only country in the world that has capitalism and communism within one country, plus why nearly every country in the world including US admit China is the representative of Chinese nation and war Taiwan not to make mistake?
well it's a painful thing to read the post like this cause from my point of view u guys just can't say goodbye to the cold war when we are concerntrating on economy development and this really makes me feel angry
(----like u suddenly know ur neighbour is planing to throw a knife in ur chest with the reason he invented.......
thought we are communisim but what makes u hate it? just cause it has differ gov from u? i admit the gov in China is not as effecient and incorrupt as urs now but tyrant can't rule a real civilized country, if u study history u will learn taiwan belongs to china from 1400 ac and the gov now in taiwan was supported by US gov after WWII, before losing the control of the mainland the for-gov took all the treasure and important files to taiwan. what we want now is taiwan back to China and they can keep their gov , army,etc.....can u imagine after the civil war of America Abraham Lincoln agreed to keep the foe gov??

none of the Chinese in mainland or Taiwan want war cause we don't like killing each other. if u do a reasearch u will find out the support rate of the president who want to be a "country"'s president won by not more than 35% and his support rate now is lower than his competitor.

any suggestion and ideas are welcomed.

tell that to the people in taiwan who fear and hate china, friends of mine from there have told me how they hate china, you already weakened hong kongs economy when it was taken and they were doing good before, why cant china leave the past alone, taiwan is not china and they dont want to be part of china, i hope they do attack so they can see how proficient the US and taiwanese militaries are.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well, Taiwan's history is not so simple as it seems. The actual fact is that China's government had held Peng-Hu, a group of Islands west of Taiwan and currently under Taiwanese control, from 1400 to the Ming Dynasty. Thereafter, in the Ming Dynasty, the Chinese established more authority on Peng-Hu, and defeated a Netherlands' attempt to take Peng-Hu. Note however that Taiwan was never under any kind of authority up to this point. It was basically a pirate's island, with aboriginies living there also.
Then, in 1624, the Netherlands took (part of) Taiwan and Spain followed immeadiately. They wrested with Spain over control of the Island and eventually drove the Spaniards out.
In 1661, the last of the Ming Dynasty was drove out of China, and Koxinga in turn drove the Netherlanders out. This was the first time in history a Chinese force was in control of Taiwan. Later the Ch'ing Dynasty defeated Koxinga's descendants, and years after, Taiwan became a province of China.
However, in 1895, China, after a defeat at the hands of Japan, signed a treaty that ceded Taiwan to Japan. Up to 1945, Taiwan was then under Japanese authority.
Then the Nationalists, led by the dubious Chiang Kai-Shiek, part of the Allies, held China and Taiwan after WWII.
However, the communists rose and swept Chiang from force in China, in 1949, he left China and moved his government to Taiwan. From this point on, China was controlled by the People's Republic of China, and Taiwan by Chiang's Government (until 2000, when opposition party candidate Chen Shui-Bian won the presidential election).
In essence, Taiwan has been virtually independent of China since 1949.
As you can see, Taiwan's history is very complex, and in two periods was it truely part of China: from 1683-1895, and from 1945-1949. So it is an oversimplification to say that Taiwan had been a province of China since 1400 ad.
Sorry this is so long.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by rastobark]

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by rastobark]

<< 1   >>

join