It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is a myth: A surprising theory!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm no theorist, however, I've found that reasonable logic is the answer to everything.

Earth contains many metals, crystals, gases, animals etc. All coming from our own planet. We have taken these metals and plastics and have used them to our advantage. To make electronics or vehicles that run on gasoline. Now Emissions from gasoline and dangerous gases are also natural to this planet. Oil as well.

Everything that was here on earth and we use to make or create other things will not damage the earth. Why? because it was given to us by earth itself. The earth itself has methane, aluminium, etc. All of the resources of earth we have taken from it and made it work for us, and because everything we make comes from earth, it's all organic. Cans, Junk metal, Plastic bags, Oil waste, Smoke, etc. All of those elements people think causes Global Warming actually were created by earth itself and it never came from us, therefore it cannot harm us.

If everything we build and use comes from here, it must be good. But it has to be balanced, Earth gives us the resources to make things like televisions and buildings, but we must make sure to give it back to earth in its original form in the end. We have a problem when we bring other elements from other planets, but according to my theory, everything we can use as a resource on earth is good, and the outcome of the resources is also good. So don't worry about crusing cans or recycling plastic, earth wanted us to have that, otherwise it wouldn't be here. Think about it this way, God wouldn't give you a Lego set to build a planet, he limits your Lego set and includes all the pieces for you, so you can build yourself a nice spaceship or Nuclear Bomb. And yes even nuclear energy is good to earth. Just remember, if it comes from Earth, it cannot hurt it. Therefore, Global Warming is just a scare tactic to cut down on using our natural resources that the Earth wanted us to have!

Discuss.

Jedimiller.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Earth actually has created "global warming" and "ice ages" by itself.

Think of all that stuff the Earth gives us. Now throw it all up into the atmosphere and block the suns rays from warming the surface of the earth. Boom, Ice Age.

Now, Earth does this on its own, thru volocanos.

1 major Volocano eruption can spit out as much CO2 as the entire history of the human race combined. Now thats alot of junk!

5 or 6 major volocano eruptions simultaniously could easily cause another ICE Age. It has happened countless times in earths history already. The facts are revealed in geological studies of the layers of material that you can find by digging in the dirt under you.

Conversely, Think of the Sun's solar radiation , it brings us warmth and is indeed the bringer of life on earth.

Now envision the Sun's activity spiking into higher levels, this could easily cause the surface of the earth to Boil. a bit hotter than that, and it will Scorch.

Now- dont let any of this bother you tho. The odds of such things occuring in our lifetime is extremely low. And if any changes do occur, 99% of the time it would most likely be a slow process. Very slow.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Just remember, if it comes from Earth, it cannot hurt it.
Jedimiller.

You fail to realize that many of the harmful products mankind has created in his greed DO NOT come from the earth in the form they originally existed. Indeed, humans have rammed together, spliced together, and manipulated countless molecules, atoms, genes and gases to form new substances nature would never have created!

A volcano is one thing, but an atom bomb?? Come on, get real...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The Earth covers itself in forests.

Man comes along and burns all the forests down.

This creates soot, changes the albedo and reduces evapotranspiration which in turn affects cloud formation.

And that's just one example.

How can human activity not cause climate change?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say that I can't agree with you on this one.

You state that oil is from the Earth, therefore it is a natural thing that cannot due harm.
My trump card here is "refined". When you change the molecular structure of oil to make gas, diesel, JP-5, kerosene and so forth, it's not natural anymore. The substances that we make every day in the plastic's arena can never be "changed" back to natural oil.
The natural world is one we don't live in anymore, unfortunately.

Changing the atomic structure of anything changes that thing forever. Just look at Uranium and the man made element..plutonium. These elements, when refined for weapons, stay radioactive to 1000's of years. That is not natural. Then we bury the stuff in a mountain so it's out of sight cause even the scientist's don't know what to do with it once it's "spent". Stupid!

Your post is a great thread though. I'm on the fence about global warming. I've heard so many discussions on both sides of the issue that I guess that I'm tired of hearing about it.
One thing I do know for sure is that it's a political tool that gets played every 4 years or so.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by wolf241e]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
A volcano is one thing, but an atom bomb?? Come on, get real...

the danger from nuclear weapons is not nessisarily the pollution created, but rather the radioactive nature of that pollution.

radiation, if intense enough, can break apart the bonds that hold large molecules togeather, causing them to fall apart.

This is where the real danger lies in respect to nukes, the radioactivity. It is extremely dangerous, but is not really directly related to global warming.

the pollution created (bar radioactivity) in the form of massive clouds that would cover the earth would actually cause global cooling, or in other terms a "Nuclear winter" , since it would block sunlight from warming the surface of the earth.

in regaurds to burning the earths forests, i am not sure what would happen actually, because of several factors.
We all know plant life breathes CO2 and spits out Oxygen , thus giving us a stable atmosphere to live in. So in essence , no more forests would cause the levels of CO2 to increase rapidly (a greenhouse gas) because it in fact would Allow the sunlight to pass in to the surface, but it would not fully escape on its way out (as light reflects off the surface) thus more light would become trapped in the atmosphere, raising temp (greenhouse gas). this also would lower the oxygen levels of earth, and we would probably suffocate to death.

The counteracting measure of this would be all of the smoke put in the atmosphere by the burning forests themselves, which would cause light to never enter the atmosphere in the first place.

So really, its a highly complex issue, and I cannot garuntee that either warming or cooling would happen as a result (and lets hope none of us find out!)

top topics

join