It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On-Line Ancestry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Another thread has gotten me thinking about looking into my ancestry. Has anyone used an on-line ancestry service? If so, did you like the service and what was the name of the service? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.ancestry.com...

There you go its free and I traced mine back to 1625 here and later back to 1200s.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I tried ancestry.com but it was only free up to my grandparents. Is there something I missed? Thanks for the info Amuk.

I'm trying it again now though...thanks again.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by MacMerdin]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I tried ancestry.com but it was only free up to my grandparents. Is there something I missed? Thanks for the info Amuk.

Thats probebly all the info they had on my mothers side it just goes to my great-great grandpa.

Look at how supplied the info and e-mail them thats how I got past coming to america and back to Scotland but for me it was fairly easy from there because it was history from that point, they even have a monument where they beheaded my ancesters

The problem was they changed there name when they came here. Which with a axe waiting on them you I can hardly blame them....LOL

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm actually downloading the family tree software from them as we speak. I think they changed since I was on the last time because I haven't been asked to pay anything yet. Sorry to hear about your ancestors. Again...thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your ancestors. Again...thanks for the info.

Dont be..... they kicked ass

It took a proclamation from the freaking King to bring them down.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My Mum has found useing the Mormon ancestry service very good i recomend useing it if you have anything local like it

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
My Mum has found useing the Mormon ancestry service very good i recomend useing it if you have anything local like it

link please? and wouldn't it only work for mormon's though?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
www.familysearch.org...

click on search

new topics

top topics

join