It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honestly, Do You Want To Have Children Or Get Married?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Married yes.
Children yes.
Marriage First.

For many years I wasn't sure if I wanted to get married or even have children. Being the shy, 'nerd' type I figured hell even a relationship would be a hard thing for me to have and I'd rather just be unconventional in tradition anyway. Now that I feel I have met the one, my finance, we are planning to be married next summer. I'm really excited about the wedding too. As it's just kind of foreign to me so it's new and plan to have it untraditional. Down the road, but hopefully not to soon, we'll have kids. Two would be good for me or even maybe adopting. Marriage is a special event, part of our lasting love, not just going to be in place to have children together(in an 'old fashioned' manner).

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Married, absolutely, without question. Children, no, no, no, no, and NO, I will not change my mind when I turn your age.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I got married and I have always wanted to be a momma but I think it would just be irresponsible to bring life into this joke of a world as it stands today.
Part of me says I am being paranoid but the other tells me I am right in my hesitance.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I am getting married in November... do i want to... well... ummm...

*glances around*

lol j/k yeh i am happy to.

As for children, absolutely, however, not yet. We both want them, i moreso, yet we know we have to work hard for at least 5 years to get into a great financial position before we decide to have children.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Today I have less reasons to want kids. I just want a few cats, a dog and some goldfish. I think i should be happy then lol

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, I never wanted kids, but I have a nine-year old no who I love dearly and I would not change that for the world. I wont have any more though. That would not be fair to my daughter at this point.

I had a husband once -got married at 19, and that was a big mistake. He mistook me for a weak woman who would put up with his abuse. Quick divorce! I have been engaged a couple times since the divorce, but luckily I waited to see their real personalities come out before tying the knot. I'll not have a man come in thinking he can boss me around, change me, and tell me how to spend my money I earn myself- aint happening! I cant stand clingy men either.

Maybe if I find a man who understands the need for separate private rooms (no not bedrooms!) I will move in with him maybe even marry. Of course I would also love him, lol. I just want to make sure I get my personal space.

All in all, I dont think it would bother me if I never got married again.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Sounds like me, I like personal space, I'm not clingy, I don't care to try and change you, or boss you around, and I like art

So when we getting married?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by raven bombshell

Sounds like me, I like personal space, I'm not clingy, I don't care to try and change you, or boss you around, and I like art

So when we getting married?

I wanna see a ring and our house first, lol. I usually look for husbands in ATS chat and you haven't beed there in a while, Phoenix! You gonna visit or what?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell

I wanna see a ring and our house first, lol. I usually look for husbands in ATS chat and you haven't beed there in a while, Phoenix! You gonna visit or what?

I just got it to work!

But gonna come tomorrow, might see you there.

Don't get married before that!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
[quoteI just got it to work!

But gonna come tomorrow, might see you there.

Don't get married before that!

OK but you may have to fight with Mr M. And if I wear Sauron down you're both out! lol He plays hard to get!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell

OK but you may have to fight with Mr M. And if I wear Sauron down you're both out! lol He plays hard to get!

Who the hell is this Mr. M?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Mr M is Mrmonsoon or "mon" for short. I dyed my hair so he may not fight for me anymore if he knew. shhhhhhh

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I never wanted to get married. I am now married. I LOVE being married.

I never wanted children. I now have a child. I LOVE being a mother.

That about sums it up. Life did a 180 and I'm loving it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join