It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MArs and venus anomalies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Notice the 3 round objects and the cluster on mars, and then see the pole images on venus are missing. hmm

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The second pic with the great scar was caused by a drunk driver. This is well known in the galactic community.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Are you sure those are anomalies?

Lack of photos on a mosaic is not an anomaly, the "3 round objects" could be craters, the "cluster" could be anything, where did you get these images from?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Are you sure those are anomalies?

Lack of photos on a mosaic is not an anomaly, the "3 round objects" could be craters, the "cluster" could be anything, where did you get these images from?

I agree: the first one is some missing data covered by a layer,

the second and the third ones are some extremely low resolution images, they were cropped by a global image of Mars:
image # 2 shows Noctis Labyrinthus, Pavonis Mons, Arsai Mons and Biblis Patera, all well known regions of which many hi res images are available:
image # 3 shows Argentia Planum, Maraldi and Shmidt :

Image # 1 was taken from here
apod.nasa.gov...

image 2 and 3 were taken from here
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
ok thanks for the direction, i was using worldwide telescope so the images were not high rez.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

You can try NASA's WorldWind, a free program that works more or less like Google Earth (in fact I think it's the other way, I think WorldWind is older or based on the original Keyhole software that was bought by Google), it does have the same lack of data (the source is the same) but they have much better resolution for the planets.

Full size image

Full size image

WorldWind does not show stars and galaxies like WorldWide Telescope, but it shows great photos of the planets in a easy to use interface.

It can be downloaded from here.

PS: you should also download some of the add-ons available here.

new topics

top topics

join