It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama was Assasinated by an Iranian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
So what would it take to launch a war with Iran? A huge terrorist event? A bomb, an attack on US war ships?

NO...

A single bullet to a person who embodies the American Dream...It only takes a deranged Iranian, CIA, and the propaganda machine. Remember Robert Kennedy?

I can see this being orchestrated. You heard it here first.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by '___'eed]

[edit on 18-8-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I see what you are saying but I don't agree. I don't see how "they" would be able to convince the world that this Iranian shooter was somehow the voice of the Iranian people. I also think that you are overstating the importance of Obama right now. I don't think that all that many people view him as "a person who embodies the American Dream". I think there are some followers that feel that way, but there are many that don't. I think many of his supporters are only supporting him as the lesser of two evils, not as the embodiement of the American Dream.

I think it would be too hard to orchestrate this as a clear cut attack by Iran against the US. I think that if there was going to be a staged event to draw us into war, it would have to appeal to the entire country, not just Obama supporters. It is going to take the support of the red states to accomplish this and since many of the red state voters already view Obama as some sort of Anti-Christ, I just don't think they would be all that upset if he were killed.

Just my $.02

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Thanks for your thoughts, I just read the thread about the story of Iran invading next week. How do you think the US gov will convince America?

It has to be something out of the ordinary...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The headlines would just.... fubar everyone everywhere

"Barack Hussein Obama assinated by Osama Hussein Mohammed"

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

I am really trying to believe that the war just won't happen, even though all signs point to the contrary.

IF it were to happen though, I would imagine that it would have to be something like the sinking of a carrier / naval vessel. That could be perceived as a direct attack, it would be relatively easy to stage (unfortunately at the expense of thousands of sailors and marines), it would be difficult to prove, and we could paint the scenario however we wanted in order to maximize the impact on public opinion.

Or it could come in the form of an attack on Israel. Where we are only going to war in the defense of Israel. The origins of the attack would be difficult to prove as well, especially when you consider the volatility of the region.

Again, hopefully nothing happens but more sanctions and saber rattling.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Yeah, I thought how funny that would be too...

But the assassination would make McCain the President and a War with Iran.

Those who identify with Obama (blacks & other minorities) in these Economic hard times will want to join the war effort.

Its like chess- your pawns usually serve as defense and offense.

Smart decisions are based on more than one premise.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If Osama was assasinated by a Russian, would that be enough to go to war with RUSSIA?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What happens if an American assassinates Obama? does America go to war with themselves? the logic is silly unless the Iranian President stands up and says that he was the one that ordered the assassination.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

oh brother.

I think you have underestimated the power of American stupidity.

We are the same culture that looks at wrestling stars as heroes.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The Iranians just wouldn't do that.

Obama touts diplomacy, which is what Iran wants ultimately. Be it for peaceful purposes, or if they just want to stall while they acquire nuclear weapons. Either way they would prefer Obama.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
seems they dont need to kill anyone to start a war:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I think you are slightly wrong about the red state folks.
What makes cons different from libs is that libs would celebrate and dance with our enemies with the assasination of a Republican President.
Cons would no doubt be extremely angry because such an attack on our President would be an attack on our country, regardless if the President was a lib or a con.

new topics

top topics

join