It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learning to embrace WWIII - Am I exhibiting Stockholm Syndrome?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I find that I have not only come to accept the comming war as reality, but I am learning to embrace the benefits of destruction as a pathway of hope.

It is possible that I have succumbed to the wishes of my captors and that I am exhibiting symptoms of stockholm syndrom. But I'm not so sure. If one stops to examine the benefits of world wide warfare one will find a silver lining to the black cloud.

Realistically we're all just along for the ride anyways. No one is going to change anything or stop it from occuring. The best thing that you can do is to start cheering on you're impending doom. We saw a version of this in the movie, 'Dr. Strangelove: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb'

The benefits of global warfare include:

- Wars often give entire groups of people a reason to band together and progress towards a worthwhile goal given to them by thier leaders.

- The greatest technological advances have come during and after wars.

- Economic booms ussually occur after warfare as reconstruction efforts often take place.

- Changes in entire cultures of people often occur, as thier traditional belief systems and family structures are destroyed.

- Great leaders and strong men often emerge from the ashes to dictate to thier people, giving them direction and meaning to thier lives.

- Depopulation of entire regions of the poorest parts of the planet will give the survivors room to grow.

- It directs the anger of people driven into poverty and keeps peoples minds off of things like overthrowing the ruling elite.

- It gives an excuse for the rationing of food stores and commodities allowing even more wealth and control to be put into the hands of the rich, so that they may dictate how they are distributed.

God Bless our leaders for arranging these wars for our benefit.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I can't say I do not often think in similar ways...

A war means a quicker end to war after all..what starts has to have an end and from there a new life can begin.

It has been said that people who are survivors...like people lost at sea, have an innate way of thinking that turns them optimistic no matter what circumstances they are in and that where, one person might view a situation...like out at sea as hopless and drown... a person with this optimistic personality will hang on, often surviving long beyond normal physical limits and eventually be rescued...

so... no it's not stockholm syndrome, at least for me it's not, I have just always been... a survivor

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
A war means a quicker end to war after all..what starts has to have an end and from there a new life can begin.

So you support the war as well then.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Support it?

Thats a tough question...

There is no need for it, we suffer from the same sort of negative mentality as existed in Europe before the discovery of the new world... resources, food, territory...

As it worked out, people were just blind to the reality that...there were new lands for malcontents to go to and resources to be drawn from and sciences that would cure much of what ailed them at the time...

I say right now... we are inches from a place where space exploration is real and so is leaving the planet and definitively terraforming it to meet our needs prior to that...

and it's our attitudes and beliefs that cause people to think...the sky will fall, unless we shave off some people...

So support the war NO

But will it be fought YES

and that being the case I of course, side with my people and my nation and this is the best course for My survival, not that I think thewre will be anyone "winning" this... but if a strong military reduces damage to a place where, things are not so..hellish as the next place again...that is to my benefit.

But I think I can survive... I know I can in fact and intend to...

and your premise is correct

given the nature of technology, when all is said and done... there will be libraries and disks full of knowledge and particularly given what I believe will take the largest human toll...biological warfare... the research and medicinal advances for the survivors...the remaining hardware and hard goods that survive ... will in actuality probably leave any survivors with... quite an advanced life expectancy and comfort zone...

some people would argue about radiation... but I am quite certain it will be limited as I am sure we have systems that can via em and microwave fry most nukes and the real toll will be post nuclear biological...

it is in my opinion that...those who would promote such a war want a world to play in and have eugenics in mind by doing so... that Nuclear will be a very limited aspect in this fight before all is said and done...

and... these people will welcome what survivors there are for company, for work...etc, etc...

so do I support it? I have no choice in it... I choose to asses the realities and make plans to survive it based upon what I know and in essence support it from a place of better them than me and... I feel I have no option to oppose those who have set these things in motion and it is not a...our side vs their side thing...it is an elite and in the know thing and everyone else is a victim...

support it...gosh, no it's based on negative assumptions about the future... it's ungodly... I support it only from a perspective of... pulling a bandaid off fast so it hurts less...

I do have the emotion of, get on with it already and i'll play the role I have to because to not would be my demise and in supporting it I have the option to save others...

But i'd rather they go another route of hope and faith

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
After all I am a decent, spirtual person... but I can not show people the light if I am dead now can I?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Now this is a happy positive post. Of course ultra-super-kindofinsane-optimist (not intended to someone specific) always can find few semi-vaporized drops of water in the empty glass of WW3, but if trying to see it not through pink-red glasses the concept is awful. I am not talking about vast majority of people we know (probably including us) and those we do not know will vanish as a vapor or die in horrible sufferings , i am not talking about ecosystem horribly damaged and whole species lost, i am not talking about no blue sky and green grass/ trees with birds singing in the background for a long time. I am talking about the social results. Survivors will be same people. With same basic weaknesses. So how come what will be built instead of what we have now can be better? It probably will not be worse, but all the deaths and destruction justify building something differently similar (yes, i know.)?
I tried to wear pink glasses to and look at the problem and the only "positive' thing is that it will take long time until WW4.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
While I think this thread is "tongue in cheek", I do think that it is easier to see any sort of a positive outcome following WWIII when you are on the side with the most firepower.

The idiots that are likely to trigger WWIII will be doing it to retain more power for themselves at the expense of the rest of the world. The people who will profit from the war and its side effects are the same ones who have put us in this situation.

This war will be very calculated and the odds of them failing would have to be fairly low. For the people in the Western world, WWIII is a frightening idea. For those unfortunate souls that happen to be in the crosshairs of the west... well, it is probably a little more dire of a situation.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Survivors will be same people.

So how come what will be built instead of what we have now can be better?

Sometimes things are so messed up that you just need to destroy everything and start from scratch.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
I can not show people the light if I am dead now can I?

It's been done before.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Sometimes things are so messed up that you just need to start from scratch.

But it will never be perfect! For the sake of argument i am ready to accept that there will be no such poverty and hunger as we have now. But people will still be happy/unhappy in the same proportions. Even if it is really brilliant plan with "noble" causes - it will not make humans and our society perfect. It will still have the same basic flaws because individual will be the same. Marxism and other "isms" tried to built something better and justified ruining what we have so a new better world will be built from the scratch. Now a ww3ism? These things never will work! And to ruin so much lives/families for an empty hope is a crime that is worse then crimes being committed now.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Not to worry. It will be a brief embrace at best. The blink of an eye. And a Judas kiss on the cheek. When the sabers stop rattling and the red buttons are pushed.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Even if it is really brilliant plan with "noble" causes - it will not make humans and our society perfect. It will still have the same basic flaws because individual will be the same.

It really is a noble plan. The unification of the human race through destruction.

Yes most people will be the same, that's why they must be left behind. The survivors will organize a eugenics movement to send the best of the human race into space.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Ok. I really really really hope that it is some kind of an attempt to find out what could be possible reasonings in the position of pro-ww3 people and taking certain "dark" side is done for this purpose. Otherwise it is very scary discussion.

The survivors will organize a eugenics movement to send the best of the human race into space

Survivors will be the same people that were killed. With same weaknesses, with same desire to show of, to reach power, to check who is better,get more "chicks". No eugenics will help, no social engineering. I am not saying that Human race is extremely flawed. It has strong points. But our current society is a result of our willing/unwilling design. Same painter using same paints and canvas creating instead of usual mediocre paintings something extraordinary - is not possible. Something little better or little worse - this is what he will achieve.
And sending people into space is needed for development of our species. Just destroying only planet "designed" specifically for us in the process is extremely counterproductive.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To shamelessly quote my favorite movie:

don't know. Two toughest kids on the block, I guess. Sooner or later, they're gonna fight. - Col. Tanner, Red Dawn

I graduate from college next year. A friend and I are already planning an off-grid homestead on 40ish acres, complete with a bomb shelter. We can't stop what's coming, we can only prepare accordingly.

At the very least, I implore you, put away a six-month supply of food for your family. Include the means to store and purify water for the same. The lives you save may be your family.

new topics

top topics

join