It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had a really wierd experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Okay so this was still one of my first times meditating but definitely the most relaxed i've ever felt. I was relaxing to some 'brainwave mind voyages' i thought i'd give a shot.

I was lying on my bed, and it's a bit hot in my room so i had the covers just off to my side, so i was just lying there without them on me. I was into the meditation for about 20 min (checked the time after i stopped it), feeling all sorts of nice warm tingly feelings which started in my chest and started going down, but after a while i just moved my arms, because they were behind my head say if they were being shackled (i normally sleep like this), but as i did so it pretty much broke me out of the relaxed state, and i opened my eyes. INSTANTLY i got very very scared. It felt like something was staring RIGHT at me. i didnt know what. i felt like a child i had to cover my entire body with the blanket to feel secure.
it really truely felt like something was watching me, ive never in my life had this feeling so terrifying.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Okay, I'm trying to imagine the position your were laying in. You were on your back, with your hands lying above your head but not behind them. Correct? And when you repositioned your hands/arms, raising them your meditation was broken and instantaneous fear overwhelmed you?

Well that does not sound normal at all. That usually doesn't happen, but i am not quite sure or experienced in the meditation field so maybe if you get in too deep of a meditation you need to slowly lower out of it. Fall back too quickly results in a abnormal fluctuation of emotions or something.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
sometimes, when I meditate I see myself. It is as if I am watching myself and experiencing myself watching myself at the same time.

Remember that when you meditate you are accessing a part of your brain that causes it to vibrate at frequencies between sleep and wakefulness, so if you aren't prepared for it, your mind can play some funny tricks on you.

The next time you feel any kind of way(emotions are frequencies) experience it first, then observe yourself experiencing the emotion. You are now free to move beyond that reality and create a new reality.

Before I meditated on the daily, I remember having a similar experience which, in retrospect, was an obe, but I didn't realize it till later. I was scared, but after I learned more about quantum psychology and mental control, I realized that I could take complete control of the situation.

Everything is an illusion

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It could be an OBE.

What used to be linked to religion or paranormal is now scientifically explained through the results of an experiment: out-of-body experiences are linked to the brain and has nothing to do with paranormal.

www.efluxmedia.com...

NASA also came out with a book that tells you how to do it also.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This phenomenon happens to me all the time when I am going into a meditative state; or sometimes throughout; except it is not so scary; tho it does sometimes make the hair stand on end. Perhaps it being your first time, it was so scary but once you get used to it it will be less so.
I don't have an explanation for it, but I often see a whole variety of entities "looking" at me, sometimes from very close up, and sometimes from a distance. Sometimes just one, but often a little group. Sometimes they are studying me coming in real close; then backing off, but sometimes just kind of passing by in a procession.
I've often wondered how "real" they are - whether they actually exist in some other dimension, or whether its all in my head. At any rate I don't worry about it too much, and try to examine them back to try and figure out who they are and what they are up to.
Meditation is a fantastic way to settle the mind and spirit, sort of clearing away the rubble so that you can see and experience more clearly those things that seem to exist just outside our usual tangible world.
enjoy!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

I had a similar experience when I started to meditate...but I saw it, it was a black shade, I was totally scared of that thing...maybe it's just something that our mind create to distract us...I don't know...but I found a way to drive out all that, before I meditate I imagine I'm surrounded with an egg of positive energy...that helped a lot!!...

new topics

top topics

join