It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dead are laughing at us.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Heres a random bit of info.

Most of the laugh tracks we're recorded back when the idea was first thought of in the early 1950's. Most of those tracks are still used as laughter is laughter.

Most of those people originally recorded back in the 50's are dead.

The dead are laughing at us.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by DisabledVet]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Now that's a macabre thought. I'll still be laughing at Bernie Mac and Rodney Dangerfield reruns. Some things are timeless.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
well...

who the heck do they think they are laughing at with their...bad suits and permanent grins and hair all growing forever and trapped in a box all day...

Laugh at me? HA... they need to get a life!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I dunno, since most of the time I'm laughing with the lagh tracks, I'd say they are laughing with us.
Every Halloween I listen to tracks by my favorite dead artists.
Then you have movies around Christams or other holidays with actors who've long since expired.
It's a bit creepy, and a bit amazing to me. Listening to voices who have been silent, seeing people who have been dead, it's amazing in a lot of ways .

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Ya i just saw that on tv too during family guy. HAHA

Adult swim i think.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm sure i sound like a complete idiot but, could someone explain to me what exactly is a laugh track? Would that be the laughing played during a sitcom?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
That is exactly what it is. Canned laughter. Used by countless sitcoms. I've never thought very much of it. But pretty much block it out now. reply to post by screamo

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You know, it'd be interesting if somebody put together in a video a bunch of sitcoms that use the same laugh tracks to see how many times the same laugh track is used.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Check out the the Wilhelm scream.....the most used scream in all of cinema history.

Here's a video compilation with the original and the many times it been used since... : www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I really don't have anything to add to this thread.

When I came across it there had been 666 views. I'm not at all superstitious but did want to move the number of views to 667.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
sorry man, but that was wack post

new topics

top topics

join