It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ok.

So a friend and I were talking about a lot of things today mostly involving 911 and shadow government kinds of things.

At one point I mentioned to him about the day that I kind of put everything together in my head and became very scared and paranoid. At this moment my life changed, and I am actually fearful of how the future will play out.

Tell me a bit about when all of these things, conspiracies and such, got to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
GrayFox, this is a very interesting question!
Paranoia set in for me when I learned of Bush's NWO and his domestic concentration camps. Then I began my research, and paranoia really set in! To this day I wonder how this country's citizens could have been so blind as to believe that the government has anything but the worst scenario in mind for us. I am especially disturbed by Bush's "Project Garden Plot" and his martial law authority he has enabled himself to have, with I might add, Congressional blessings. Then I read up on HAARP, domestic wire tapping, floride in our water, mercury in our vaccines, geneticly manipulated food, chem trails, the 9/11 inside job, the promoted use and drug smuggling by the CIA, weapons of mass destruction sold to foreign countries in exchange for drugs by the CIA, weapons sold to supposed "enemies" that are using them against US citizens in Iraq, the occupation of Iraq for oil...I could go on and on. All of it just tells me that our government is not looking out for us, especially after just learning that the terrorists names are not even on the TSA's no-fly list and 1,000,000 US citizens names are! That to me is amazing...they don't have to look for terrorists...we, the people of the United States of America, to them are the terrorists. What's not to be paranoid of?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I read it all the time ,and I always hope for results, but time after time
I always get disappointed one way or the other about these things and right now i'm at the point where I don't care anymore. Just want results good or bad.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Interesting so far.

Sorry, I typed this out originally on a PS3, so I'll explain myself a little bit better now that I am on a keyboard.

For years I had read about a lot of things. Ghosts, poltergeists, aliens, UFO sightings, 2012, Nostradamus, Atlantis, Mars, the Moon, the apocalypse, 9/11, shadow government type things, and various political scandals and ploys.

I was young then, and a lot of all of that didn't mean much more to me than a cool read about alien invasions and end of the world scenarios. It was more like a video game to me then.

I grew up quite a bit in a short amount of time for various reasons, and of course that caused me to take a more serious look at everything I had ever researched, even passingly. I kind of threw aside less serious subjects (like atlantis, etc.) realizing that the stories were a bit too fantastical, even if they were still possible, and there were more important things to concentrate on.

I am 22 now. One day, about two years ago, after taking a serious look at the media, the internet, movies, politicians, and so forth, I felt like I could see this big plan in action and everything made sense for a half an hour or so. At that point, I became very scared and paranoid because I thought I could see this big plan playing out for the worse. The kind of plan where you realize that your life and the life of your friends, family, and the people who knew what you knew could be in danger (although a less in your face danger in most ways). After that 30 minutes my clarity kind of faded, and I realized I needed to look at all possibilities of situations so that I can be as equipped with as much knowledge, however insane at times, as possible to try and fight against whatever it was my mind saw that day.

I wanted to know more about your experiences with any kind of situation like this and find out if this is common amongst people studying in these areas.

One thing I can say is this- I watched V for Vendetta again after that point, and it made much more of an impact that time

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
When I "woke up" - I also got the panik thing going - but after a while, it changed to anger and right now - more feel kind of sad for mankind, looking at all those good citizens who don't have a clue about anything, too preoccupied with anything but working to keep expenses at bay.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Every day I find that more and more people are talking about these kinds of things. It won't be long before many other experience 'the change'.

new topics

top topics

join