It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easing State Spying Measures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Im not sure if this was posted already, if it has been I apologise.

I read on InfoWars that the Feds are easing State spying regulations.
In other words, local police will be able to gather information on anyone they want.

Also found another article on the Washington Post website.

Guess what the supporters are saying? That this will "preserve our civil-liberties"!

This worries me a bit, there are cops watching every town in America, if they were given orders to find out information on everyone within their patrol, we would all be easily marked.

I find it highly disturbing that our rights could be violated to such an extent, I dont want Uncle Sam in my living room (or bathroom for that matter). It almost feels as though our forefathers really fought in vain. What made America so great is quickly being torn away from us, and if we're really unlucky we may never be able to piece them back together...

Link...

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 17-8-2008 by BloodRedSky]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodRedSky

The first thing that I thought of when I saw this in the local paper was this sounds exactly like how the credit bureaus track financial data on people for 10 years.

The Justice Department has proposed a new domestic spying measure that would make it easier for state and local police to collect intelligence about Americans, share the sensitive data with federal agencies and retain it for at least 10 years.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Regardless if its a tactic of credit bureaus or not, its something to keep an eye on.

If you read this and saw something out of the ordinary (UFO type of out of the ordinary) would you be more hesitant to contact the authorities (as many people do)? I know I would. Im sure something like that would make you a person of interest real quick.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I just want to say that Im not exactly well informed on many conspiracy subjects or NWO type of things, but what if the Gov. starts doing little things like this to dissuade people from coming forward about things they think we shouldnt know about?

top topics

join