It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

theorized propulsion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So much like how it seems that NASA works? The engineers stay here wile people who know how to do everything else go up in the vessel? That would work?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thank you for the help. At this point I still believe that it is easer than you make it sound, so I will sleep on it and I will still refine my thoughts

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by acewilliams

It is on of those remarkably simplistic things that once you 'get it' you will wonder why you didn't get it before.

Let it coalesce in your mind, I'll post more later.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The shape is what is wrong. It shouldn’t be shaped like a donut only the engine should be shaped that way. The vessel should be shaped like a jet engine. The pilot and crew would sit in the center of the engines and the magnetic field would be modified to create a zero zone around the cockpit.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

It is on of those remarkably simplistic things that once you 'get it' you will wonder why you didn't get it before.

Let it coalesce in your mind, I'll post more later.

reply to post by TruthTellist

coalescing... coalescing... ok done.

What you state violates the law of conservation of energy and the general theory of relativity.

If a projectile is fired while having little mass and somehow gains mass during the transit then that same amount of mass or energy needs to return back to pole position yielding you no net thrust. You can't make mass out of thin air unless you somehow figured out how to steal it from another universe.

This sounds like the thousands of other fantasy free energy or anti-gravity devices people have concocted with the added benefit of not needing to be self fulling because when you do it breaks!

Now where do we send our money to?

Obsidience

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't get it. You're moving plasma around the vehicle slowly using a magnetic field...how do you propel the vehicle or the plasma or anything forward?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

I can't speak for the OP, but the theory behind the TR-3B is that the rotating plasma doesn't provide thrust, it merely causes time to slow down relative to the pilot(s) and somehow (haven't figured out how) it reduces the craft's weight.

Obsidience

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The plasma acts like the edges of a bubble in serape the inner part of the bubble moves very slowly but the further away from the center you get the material in this case the plasma moves faster. So the inner portion of the bubble is moving slow but the outer part of the bubble moves faster till it moves the same speed as the space around the bubble.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

That doesn't explain how you're moving forward. Are you even talking about a way to move an object?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I really don’t know of a better way to explain it. The magnetic field moves the plasma in a circle around the vessel; the outer plasma encounters friction on surrounding molecules creating thrust. The shape of the engine is a donut so all plasma to outside particles will give thrust in single direction. As distance form the vessel increases the speed of the plasma increases. That’s the basis of the propulsion.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am disapointed that there have not been any other posts on here. I would still like some opinions of this design.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I think that, for me, seeing a design would give me a point of reference and allow further discussion.

I don't visualize really well, despite your valiant efforts at description.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Your description didn't make enough sense.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Well there is a problem with this one. The friction is on the wrong side of the plasmasphere. you cannot generate trust by this kind of friction, just heat and a bigger appetite for energy because the friction will slowing down the rotation.

Another problem is this, when the innerpart of the plasmasphere pick's up more speed, the problem with friction occures inside of the bubble. The vehikle will not like this.

Ik think that the second problem can be tackled when using a magnetic force from inside the bubble to keep a certain pressure on the innerside of the plasmasphere.

This is not an answer to your question but in my humble mind something to give a thought.

Mark Schouten.
The Netherlands.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by acewilliams
I really don’t know of a better way to explain it. The magnetic field moves the plasma in a circle around the vessel; the outer plasma encounters friction on surrounding molecules creating thrust. The shape of the engine is a donut so all plasma to outside particles will give thrust in single direction. As distance form the vessel increases the speed of the plasma increases. That’s the basis of the propulsion.

What you're describing sounds like this

www.youtube.com...

Except he proposes using a special type of liquid.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by acewilliams
Are you saying that the natural electro magnetism of the human brain where enough to throw off the experiment? So just knowing that the drive was magnetic compelled the human brain to compensate for the differences in surrounding magnetic fields? Did any one try lead dampening to those that knew of the project??
research the role of the "observer" in quantum physics

pretty mind blowing if you ask me....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join