It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spaceship on Mars!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
This was included in my "Greetins from Mars" compilation:

Yes, it's a very strange formation

Do you think it's a crater internos
Or do you think it's something else?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Please see my signature for the appropriate response to this thread. Read it carefully before you post again.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuggle
reply to post by SuperSlovak

You're right, it wouldn't make sense. But I don't see that it IS hanging over the cliff.

And it's a lot more plausible than a Martian spaceship.

How do you know that a crater is more "plausible" than a Martian spacecraft?

How is it we are all such experts about space, yet not one of us has been there??

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
its the largest breast implant i have ever seen. must be a really big martian

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Dalan, okay, maybe you're right.

I still think it's a crater and not an intelligently designed alien construction, though.

[edit on 18/8/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

good find bro,,

thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Look at the ridges on the top right of the "craft", it pretty much shows all this is, is an impact crater.

Dont forget, these sat photos were taken from very far away, if you were on the ground it would more likely look very very different.

[edit on 8/18/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

How do you know that a crater is more "plausible" than a Martian spacecraft?

How is it we are all such experts about space, yet not one of us has been there??

I can't speak for the user you were asking the question to, but a crater is infinitely more plausible. Craters are rather common on planets throughout the solar system, you can look up at the moon and see many of them, they're always there.

There is no verifiable evidence for the existence of intelligent alien species in this solar system other than the Human species of Earth, so the likelihood that an alien craft is on another planet is... Well, the odds aren't good.

If someone makes a claim that something exists on a planet it is up to them to provide incontrovertible scientific evidence that has been obtained through the rigorous and extensive methods that the scientific method can render, and is then submitted to peer review so it can be verified.

Skeptics can't say with 100% certainty that a martian spacecraft isn't sitting on the surface of mars, and it isn't up to them to prove it since it's not their claim. The people who make the claim have taken it upon themselves the burden of proof, the onus. That's the way it works with any claim, regardless of its subject.

If we had irrefutable scientific proof that has been gone through the processes I mentioned earlier that there is or was intelligent life capable of making something that can be interpreted as a "spaceship", then the claim would have more credence. Until that day arrives, we have to use the best knowledge we have that has gone through those processes.

With that said, to me it looks like a snowy icecap that has the remnants of water runoff from melting liquid. Similar to this cap I found with google earth. This is just my uninformed speculation, though. I know they say the northern regions of earth have similar landscapes to Mars, so that's where I looked.

Link to google earth location, you should see what I am referring to in the middle of the screen.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think it's an optical illusion. It's hard to tell if the circle is convex or concave! When I first saw it, it looked like a crater, but then I forced myself to see it as a solid object and it looked like a disc hanging over a cliff. Personally, I'm inclined to believe the former; It's a crater.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You remember that article where someone claims they saw Jesus in their cell phone? Or the time where a woman saw the Virgin Mary in some kind of glass or something.

Remember the times where people see faces in a dirty mirror when they are ghost hunting?

There is no ship.

But hey, whatever works.

BTW---I see a huge face with a huge nose in that picture. Maybe it's an alien?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf

I dont get the piping.. and the steam flume.. thing??? you mean they are running the space ship.. with a steam engine..????? but seriously.. It doesnt look like any kind of structure.. the back side of the hill is clearly part of the landscape.. and the part that looks to be over hanging the cliff.. is actually part of the cliff.
neither did i, it didnt occur to me until i read steam plumes and piping why would something so sophisticated need piping? piping from where why pipes? whats in them, to it looks like a huge rock or something else natural now when they get a picture of something more atificial looking then maybe i wont be so harsh next time.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I believe we can rightly deny the ignorance of this thread with the term Pareidolia

People see what they want to see, plain and simple. The OP should ponder some pictures of his planet before he looks elsewhere, there are plenty of things his/her rose colored conspiracy glasses could find on Earth, lol.

Its good to see the community tend to take ignorant threads like this less and less seriously. With any luck, in the years to come we will be able to educate ignorance rather than just deny it perhaps?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The original image, titled "The Ship", is strange. Forget you are looking at a photograph of Mars. Pretend you're looking at a painting. Then, see the following:

Look at the dark shapes on the left - but look at them from a distance. You can see dinosaur shapes. There seems to be multiple creatures, somewhat reptilian in nature. Some appear to be eating. This section of the picture seems somewhat ominous, menacing. The Dark side.

Take a look at the waterfall on the right. If you look in a relaxed way, you can make out the silhouettes of figures. The top of the waterfall appears to have two people sitting on top. Focus on the light color. I feel "army of light." The Light side.

The Dark side appears to be extending an arm (bent at 90 degrees, at the elbow), interfering with the red beam of light. The light brightens somewhat in the middle. I am not sure what this means.

The "space ship" sits on top of a skull, teetering. The ship could also be seen as a hat on top of a skull, in the rock formation below. The skull is smiling. Its mouth points to another figure, right to its eye. That creature has a drippy, jagged mouth. It looks like it is eating someone.

The top right hand corner of the photo looks somewhat egyptian to me, a dog nose with a crown. Pyramids are suggested.

The sky is tumultuous. There is one three pronged cloud formation. In looking at this cloud, I can make out a number figures. It looks as though a man is jumping off of the Light side, over the red beam, onto the dark side. Behind him, the sky before him lightens.

The formation of the letters in the title are very strange. It is an odd font choice. The word "the" could be read as two Ls, an I, a T and an E. The font choice seems out of place (or perfectly in place.) Analysis of this may be interesting. All writing on this page should be examined. Circle ratios should be examined.

This image has an extremely bad feel to it. To my eyes, it is not what it appears to be. It feels familiar to me. I don't know why.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OnionCloud

OnionCloud--

I couldn't have said that better myself.

In fact, I initially replied to him with a few variations of hot-headedness, then I decided to...diffuse instead, since sometimes it's just not worth arguing.

IgnoreTheFacts: Great word! Added to my vocabulary; thanks!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well I did some analyzing and the most interesting thing I found is the shadowing, check it out! I think you can even make out some sort of structure to the right end of the ship.

Starred and flagged, nice post!

[edit on 19-8-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Do you think it's a crater internos
Or do you think it's something else?

Thank you for your question

let me state beforehand that this is just my personal opinion, and it has NOT the value of an expert's point. The formation IS unusual, a natural formation may be unusual and this IS unusual in according to martian standards: i mean, natural does not necessarly mean ordinary: in my opinion it is a natural unusual formation, but i say so only because nothing in its appearance seems to suggest any artificial origin: it is unusual because in order to prove that it's an ordinary formation one should provide us with some photos of similar formations, and let me say that everyone would have hard time in finding them

Mars is a planet that hides some extremely interesting formations, and
not everything that can be found on Mars can also be explained easily:
many times NASA and ESA scientists are puzzled by some unusual
formations, if one says that ALL is explained, then is a liar, plain
and simple
But in the other hand, we should try to be as more balanced as we can:
to jump to the conclusion that it's an alien spaceship doesn't help the
research, keep us far from the truth and is anyway a claim not
corroborated by any evidence, but the title if this thread is not
misleading, in my opinion: YOU just expressed your enthusiasm about the photo in question, and i don't see it as an attempt to deceive the people: i would encourage YOU to keep on sleuthing mars images, and to don't loose your enthusiasm

enthusiasm is something needed also by the research, just a hint: next
time entitle the tread "unusual formation in East Ophir Chasma": it's
the same, if some alien spacecraft is actually there, a more balanced
title can't erase it, besides also skeptics will take you way more
seriously, and the discussion can take place in a more fair way

Now the image in question is MOC narrow-angle image AB1-08505
CAPTION: NORTH WALL OF EAST OPHIR CHASMA
www.msss.com...

There are NOT Hirise images available for that area, at the status quo:

red stripes are available hirise images, the arrow points to the area in question: so basically what we have is that image and nothing else

In my opinion it's not an alien spacecraft, but i can't say it conclusively since i've never been on Mars, especially in East Ophir Chasma: anyway, thank you for sharing this stuff, it's NOT a crater BTW

[edit on 19/8/2008 by internos]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
...it is unusual because in order to prove that it's an ordinary formation one should provide us with some photos of similar formations, and let me say that everyone would have hard time in finding them

Didn't look at my post, I take it? I found that in literally 20 seconds. Wasn't hard to find. In fact, I would wager that it's rather easy to find something that doesn't look natural because of the fact that were taking these pictures from a birds eye view in space, something not many Humans get chance to do, and it's something our brains haven't evolved to understand at first sight.

Here's an interesting site of an ancient society that existed in the great white north thousands of years ago:

See, it's pretty easy to do. Took me about 5 minutes to mock that up.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnionCloud

Didn't look at my post, I take it? I found that in literally 20 seconds. Wasn't hard to find. In fact, I would wager that it's rather easy to find something that doesn't look natural because of the fact that were taking these pictures from a birds eye view in space, something not many Humans get chance to do, and it's something our brains haven't evolved to understand at first sight.

I did, and i also gave you a star, BTW
But in my opinion it's not a crater

Your whole post is excellent and i agree with it in 99%, but in this specific case you are claiming that the formation is a crater, while it is NOT.
What we see is a 3d object, its outlines shows a 3d appearance and, on the top of that, there are no signs showing that it's a crater. In my opinion your construction is excellent, but your conclusion is wrong

I have been wrong many times, so don't thik that one time that you are wrong may somehow affect my respect for you. A crater has SIGNS of its formation: on mars we don't have the help of ejecta as it happens on the Moon, so it's always hard to say what is a crater and what is not. But this one is NOT crater, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Actually, I didn't claim it was a crater. I didn't claim it was anything. I said it looks kind of like an icecap at the end of my post, but that it was my uninformed speculations. I said that a crater was more plausible because of the lack of evidence for real extraterrestrial life, but I didn't make the claim my own.

I edited my post above with an image I created before I realized you responded to me. It's just for kicks, really. I went to a random area in the northern regions and used my imagination.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join