It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain cheated at Q&A Forum

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Be careful of your assumptions... I don't like it from Obama any better. However, I do not recall him making any such 180s as discussed in the forum.

I may have missed it...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Most people disagree with your assesment that Obama gave more intelligent answers. In fact, McCain has gotten a large jump in the polls out of this, and Obama is starting to get into trouble. Here is an article that puts things into perspective.

Bad news should wake up Obama, experts say

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/08/20/MN5M12E16U.DTL&type=politics

Funny but the link doesn't want to paste properly, and the article has already been taken off of Googles news page.

Two examples from Saddleback that Lakoff and others said underscore Obama's troubles:

-- McCain - asked his reason for running for president - confidently outlined a strong message of "country first," urging service to America. That idea, dominant in McCain's message and the theme of the GOP convention, showed that McCain Republicans have "figured out the formula" of effective campaign communication - and brilliantly melded ideas touted by both Presidents Ronald Reagan and John F. Kennedy.

-- Obama, in contrast, delivered a far more nuanced plea for empathy and building bridges across party lines instead of a more direct answer - telling voters what those values would mean specifically "to your children, your future, your environment," said Lakoff.

The article has more to say, but I thought these were good examples.

Personally, I have never been impressed by Obama when he is answering questions. His answers are usually muddied, and primarily filled with empty rhetoric. He manages to sound like he is saying something profound, but when you evaluate what is being said, it adds up to nothing.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
As I thought, the link didn't work, and the title has changed. Here is the link again.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/08/20/MN5M12E16U.DTL

Not going to paste, go to politics and you can find the article.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Except McCain had time to remember replies. He even stepped on the words of the guy asking questions several times. That's what led to the questions of was he in the Cone Of Silence. Because McCain wasn't, after saying he was, and heard all the questions and his handlers had time to give him responses to remember.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join