It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain cheated at Q&A Forum

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Then explain why choco's obssessed with Obama's race? Along with Fox Noise, and Rush Pillbaugh, McCain, so forth?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
reply to post by Riposte

Then explain why choco's obssessed with Obama's race? Along with Fox Noise, and Rush Pillbaugh, McCain, so forth?

Explain why all these people are obsessed with race, because I'm not seeing it. Its was Howard Dean who said on NPR the other day, "The white party, er I mean the Republicans". It was Obama who brought up the specter of racist white McCain using his race against him, than providing no proof that he ever has. Its the left wing media that has constantly scared the public in to believing everyone is out to get Obama, because hes black (but hes mixed too, that only comes up whens its convenient).

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
On another note, why did Rick address McCain by first name (John this and John that) and yet addressed Barrack as "Senator Obama" throughout? I am just curious. Sounds like Rick and "John" have been good buds?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
........How come Republicans are so smart to get away with cheating? Doesn't that make Democrats look weak and stupid? Do we want a weak and stupid party running this country?

The Dems made a tragic mistake, they should have checked 15 minutes before the start of the Forum to see if McCain was in the holding tank. If he still wasn't there at time zero, the Dems should have been prepared to pull the plug since they could have claimed "the fix was in". Dems have not learned from their give-aways in 2000 and 2004 they are dealing with some extremely bold and cynical Rep strategists. The Dems are not exactly weak and stupid, they are just naive, dumb-acting and hold-back enough to satisfy Republican requirements.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I honestly think it had nothing to do with "cheating". Its just tv magic. Happens all the time in live/"reality" television. The broadcast was just scripted that way to appease the audience, but who would put on a production and say, "Oh by the way senator, sit in this isolation chamber please." No, that wouldn't happen. He's a senator of the United States for christ's sake! Talent is always catered to and he was probably sipping on a mocha frap doing whatever the hell he wanted until it was his turn. They wanted to give the illusion of isolation. Just think about it: why do a coin toss if it was totally candid? If that were the case, it wouldn't matter who went first.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

thanks for sharing

welcome to the puppet show

McCain the Mindreader
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Were there really any "surprise" questions? I'd like to think that each party's nominee has a grasp on all the current issues that could come up in a scenario like this. It's not like they were going to ask him how many green M&Ms were in a jar. These are the same questions he gets asked every day. McCain knows all the questions by heart by now I'm sure. This isn't' his first rodeo ya know.

It only looked like he was cheating because he had 23 years of military service, much of it in a command position. And he's been in national politics since 1981. Obama stammered and looked silly in comparison because he's a freshman Senator.

Obama was still a college professor at the University of Chicago Law School when the Iraq war started. Of course the questions were harder for him. He's new to this game.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
He must have cheated, how else would he know he would be asked about abortion and morals by an evangelical christian leader.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Who is more pathetic, our politicians or people who believe what the media says about them?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
You McCain supporters make me sick. Our country is being sold out from right under us by the GOP who allow big business to do whatever they want. McCain wants less governemnt.. Wrong answer! thats why the housing market collapsed. No government oversight.

McCain keeps saying he will cut spending.. OK WHAT ABOUT BAGHDAD?? HE WILL SPEND OUR MONEY THERE NO PROBLEM? THIS IS INSANE!

I used to be a republican but never again. They have shown their true colors the last 7 years. Greedy,arogant, unkind towards average Americans. The will sell out the country in a second.

I am voting for Obama because his policies are exactly what we need. Bush and McCain dont give a crap about America. All they care about is themselves and their inner circle. Pastor Warren and the religious right are a bunch of idiots. WILL YOU PLEASE STOP VOTING AGAINST YOUR ECONOMIC INTERESTS??? DO YOU WANT A JOB?? OR DO YOU WANT ALL OF OUR GOOD PAYING JOBS SHIPPED OVERSEAS?

Obama has his flaws, but he is a far better choice for us average Americans.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
McCain didn't cheat he just made Obama look and sound like a bumbling idiot during the silly forum because he has American values and isn't a liar.

This is comical. Every word that comes out of any talking head from NBC is a joke. They have been in the tank for Obama from day one. Anyone who doesn't see this isn't exactly denying ignorance.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Wonderful!

A star for you for laying the entire point of this thread out here. It's so simple people!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

* Why John McCain was not in the "Cone of Silence" during Obama's initial Q&A as he agreed to be, but rather in his limosine.

* Did he tune in or have his staff relay Obama's responses as well as the ENTIRE slate of questions before hand? All of which the "cone of silence" that he AGREED TO was designed to not allow.

Speculation. Anyway, why give a heads up on the questions to be asked? Are they handicapped presidential candidates? Not up to par so they get slow balls thrown at them?

Considering the reputation Obama has for not being able to think on his feet and being dependent on teleprompters, I think it was an effort to help Obama out. Whatever it was, it was a form of cheating the American public in itself.

Many small things that speak to large character flaw. He has HONESTY Issues. Has anyone ever heard the expression "keatings pinkie"? Charles Keating?

In that case, neither candidates should have made it to the top. Obama never knew his minister, Rev. Wright, was a anti-American, racist? Really? McCain has questionable marital standards, cheating on his first wife and possibly on his second. Yeah, neither should have made it to the top. But who in their right minds want to be president anyways? They should both have their heads examined. Talk about character flaws. And their wives? Yikes!!! Don't get me started.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Were there really any "surprise" questions? I'd like to think that each party's nominee has a grasp on all the current issues that could come up in a scenario like this. It's not like they were going to ask him how many green M&Ms were in a jar. These are the same questions he gets asked every day. McCain knows all the questions by heart by now I'm sure. This isn't' his first rodeo ya know.

It only looked like he was cheating because he had 23 years of military service, much of it in a command position. And he's been in national politics since 1981. Obama stammered and looked silly in comparison because he's a freshman Senator.

Obama was still a college professor at the University of Chicago Law School when the Iraq war started. Of course the questions were harder for him. He's new to this game.

So many people here are entirely missing the point...

I am not questioning who performed better.

McCain did well in comparison to past performances, no question.

I can see how McCain supporters would contend he performed better than Obama, though I whole heartedly disagree.

BUT....Prior to the debate Obama agreed to go first and McCain AGREED to sit in the "cone of silence" and then immediately go on stage so as to not have the advantage of huddling with campaign staff and strategizing with regards to how Obama answered AND also to prevent him from hearing the FULL SLATE of questions as opposed to the few questions both candidates got.

WHETHER MCCAIN IS/WAS CAPABLE OF PERFORMING AS WELL AS HE DID IS BESIDE THE POINT AND DOES NOT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL OP THAT HE CHEATED.

Think of the case of champion athletes who take performance enhancing drugs. Nobody says...well they would have won anyway, look at their record or training. They chose to cheat. They cheated.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I wonder if everyone is going to cry "cheater" after the later debates when Obama continually looks like an amateur?

Well I know they will, but it's still ridiculous.

The fact is that McCain can answer questions quickly and decisively because he has tons of experience regarding the issues and keeps a strong set of values and beliefs.

Obama on the other hand is a freshmen senator who has no experience doing anything but pandering, and has absolutely no set core values.

Is it any wonder why he was exposed for the inexperienced buffoon that he is?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

It only looked like he was cheating because he had 23 years of military service, much of it in a command position.

Please elaborate. According to Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain he had only 20 hours of combat time as a bomber pilot. He was a pilot, a prisoner, a captain and then a politician.

He was promoted to Captain Aug 1st 1979, resigned from the Navy in 81, ran for congress in 82.

www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I wonder if everyone is going to cry "cheater" after the later debates when Obama continually looks like an amateur?

Well I know they will, but it's still ridiculous.

The fact is that McCain can answer questions quickly and decisively because he has tons of experience regarding the issues and keeps a strong set of values and beliefs.

Obama on the other hand is a freshmen senator who has no experience doing anything but pandering, and has absolutely no set core values.

Is it any wonder why he was exposed for the inexperienced buffoon that he is?

McCain's and Obama's performance are beside the point. McCain cheated.

Yes McCain answered the questions quickly and decisively. He also cheated.

By CHEATED I mean that he agreed to sit in the "Cone of Silence" as to not be advantaged by hearing the entire slate of questions and benefit from coaching with regards to Obama's answers. HE AGREED to do this and OBAMA AGREED to go first based on JOHN MCCAIN'S WORD.

JOHN MCCAIN DID NOT DO THIS AND LIED TO THE MODERATOR CONCERNING THIS ON THE VERY FIRST QUESTION.

THIS THREAD ISN'T TITLED "WHO DID BETTER AND WHY"

He cheated. Now go ahead and keep talking about why McCain did well or how you think Obama didn't do well and keep avoiding the actual OP. I expect nothing less.

This thread isn't about who did better or why, that is a different thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

You keep stating "he cheated" as if you have any shred of evidence and not just your wishful thinking to back it up. Let me tell you, it doesn't make you or Obama's followers look good.

Unless of course you have some kind of evidence that nobody else does. The guy who hosted the interview says he actually gave Obama a slight edge.

Oh, but we all know you'll dismiss that in favor of the fantasy you and like minded people have constructed in your minds.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Absolutely. I even posted the links for this on the previous page that have quotes from Warren himself saying that there was no way McCain heard anything! It also details how in fact Obama DID know one more questions than McCain going in!

So in reality, this thread IS about how the candidates did, because that's the only reason the Obama people are screaming about cheating.

DEAL WITH IT!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

The guy who hosted the interview says he actually gave Obama a slight edge.

Not doubting you, but can you post a link?

Also, it is evident in your posts that you support McCain, no matter what. You make this an Obama issue, and we are not talking about him. This whole thread turned into Obama.

It sounds like this to me:

Dad: Did you eat those cookies before lunch?
Son: Well, well, Susie ate some too.

Come on, so elementary.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join