It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain cheated at Q&A Forum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
HONESTY

Mr. Warren started by asking Mr. McCain, “Now, my first question: Was the cone of silence comfortable that you were in just now?”

Mr. McCain deadpanned, “I was trying to hear through the wall.”

Interviewed Sunday on CNN, Mr. Warren seemed surprised to learn that Mr. McCain was not in the building during the Obama interview.

www.nytimes.com...

McCain's first instinct was to lie? Why?
If it was just a late Motorcade why not say "Actually Warren, I was caught in traffic and have just arrived"

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Like I said, I choose the man who was Honest.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by maybereal11]
Because we all know Obama is straight forward with his views for all the world to know, and never dodges questions and he totally answered every question last night without putting any spin on them. Right.

If Obama was honest with his views instead of spinning out of answering tough questions like a NFL running back he wouldn't have a chance in hell of winning the election. End of story.

If you have real passion for serving your country you don't need time to get your story straight. You know where you stand by heart. The fact people are complaining that Obama was at a disadvantage and couldn't get his story straight while McCain apparently had time to think through his answers just really makes me sad. Whether anyone knew in advance of questions or not, the fact remains Obama is just another typical politician that wants to feel important and has no real care or passion about the issues.

I'm undecided what's more sad. Obama being given the time and day or people who sit around their computers and complain that he couldn't know the questions in advance so he could get his story straight in front of the masses, essentially admitting that they think he is anything but what he claims to be. But he's a democrat so who cares. Take back the white house at all costs, deal with whatever BS it causes down the road.

I'll say it again. John McCain is a republican by name only. The man ain't loyal to either side and will switch to whatever side gives him the best chance for being elected for whatever office he seeks. He is right down the democrat alley for the most part and if the voting democrats in this country had any sense whatsoever they would vote for McCain because at least with McCain you know where the hell he stands. Obama refuses to let it be known where he stands on the majority of the issues because he is scared to death of voters not voting for him because of one little thing that he does or doesn't stand for. How can any of us stand there in a voting booth and cast a vote for Obama when we don't even know a damn thing that he stands for? Seriously. What is this country coming to? For all any of you know Obama's view point of change is enslaving the entire american population.

For a man who preached change to win over Clinton for a chance at being President, he sure does stick with the tried and true age old democratic method of dodging important questions of personal stance, and THAT is what he truly shined at last night.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

A lot of his replies seemed memorized.

I find it ironic that in other threads people have referred to McCain as old and senile, incapable of remembering things correctly.

Now all of a sudden he is a cheater who memorized all of the questions and was able to memorize all of the answers to those questions.

Personally, I blame all three for trying to pull a fast one. Fact is that without the transcript even the hints they offered would have gone unnoticed.

So if you want to blame each other candidate you have that right. But if your honest you would realize and admit that both candidates had plenty of opportunity beforehand to tell us exactly what they knew.

The pastor also had an opportunity and chose not to.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just the fact that Democrats are bringing up cheating means that McCain won the debate.

Everytime a Republican wins something over a Democrat, the Democrats bring up cheating. It's getting kind of old. I think it is a setup for when McCain wins the Presidency in November.....McCain wins...Democrats claims he cheated!

If this were true.............

How come Republicans are so smart to get away with cheating? Doesn't that make Democrats look weak and stupid? Do we want a weak and stupid party running this country?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I could have sworn that McCain didn't know that particular question about the "3 wisest people" because he really acted like he had to think about it. He even took a few moments and looked to be thinking before giving the third person, the ebay CEO. Dishonest.

I know! I thought the same thing. He was acting! Pretending like it was the first time he'd heard the question! Lame!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In my Opinion Mccain cheated!
I asked myself this question, If I were going to an interview for a Job and a secretary happened to overhear the questions and post them on a website and while i was on the bus heading to this interview I heard about this site. Would I look at the questions and prepare my answers before going in?

My Answer is Yes, Yes I would. I see no reason why Mccain would not look at the questions or get answers from his advisers who heard the questions. If Barack did it, it would be cheating and "if" Mccain did it then its also cheating. As for me, of course I would be cheating. After all I want the Job and so does John Mccain.

Call it Cheating or Call it gaining the upper hand he did what he did. The Evidence in my opinion are in favor of him cheating. And yes I know; Not because I would cheat mean's that Mccain would do the same.

Another Interesting Read that ties into Part of this story is:

John McCain accused of plagiarising Wikipedia for speeches

I'm not saying he lied about his POW story, Just saying I found it interesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Rick Warren himself denies these allegations.

Warren insists McCain didn't cheat...

Just sour grapes from the Obama people. McCain mopped the floor with Obama and everyone saw it. Barry's time at the top is over, people are starting to realize that this is PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, not a popularity contest.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

And this!

Thanks Dronetek, I was trying to find that to go along with my article as well.

This is truly pathetic!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I don't understand. I presented an article about McCain, but, we had to throw Obama into this. Why can't we talk about the article at hand, but no. Peoples' own candidate that they are hoping to win, is clouding there judgment. Why can't we debate the facts presented?

If this was reversed, we would have different responses. I don't get it? I guess it even works the same way, look at the Russia/Georgia situation. People brought in their own biased opinions, and can't debate the facts.

Again to state, I am not supporting either candidate. You might assume that because I posted something negative about one candidate.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I don't understand. I presented an article about McCain, but, we had to throw Obama into this. Why can't we talk about the article at hand, but no. Peoples' own candidate that they are hoping to win, is clouding there judgment. Why can't we debate the facts presented?

If this was reversed, we would have different responses. I don't get it? I guess it even works the same way, look at the Russia/Georgia situation. People brought in their own biased opinions, and can't debate the facts.

Again to state, I am not supporting either candidate. You might assume that because I posted something negative about one candidate.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by jhill76]

Just the facts, ma'am. Just the facts. Unfortunately, facts (and statistics) can be manipulate to say something completely opposite to their true meaning. Lawyers use the tactic all the time: "No explanations allowed. Just answer the question.... Yes or no.... Did McCain get the questions ahead of time?" But, but, but... Obama also got the.... "Sorry. Just answer the question. Did McCain get the questions beforehand?"

Politics!!! It sux. All lies. It has nothing to do with truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

How come Republicans are so smart to get away with cheating? Doesn't that make Democrats look weak and stupid? Do we want a weak and stupid party running this country?

Okay I'll bite....
First sentence
- How come Republicans are so smart to get away with cheating? -

Actually cheating doesn't make you smart it makes you dishonest and this thread and many news articles would seem to dispell the idea that the republicans "get away" with it. Just the contrary. Read the thread title. If he got away with it we wouldn't be having this discussion

- Doesn't that make Democrats look weak and stupid? -
I would argue it makes the Democrats honest...does honesty equate to weakness with you? Now that plays into the republican stereotype well.

- Do we want a weak and stupid party running this country? -
Since this was premised on the previous two faulted statements it doesn't hold water as a question, but if I wanted to be snarky I would respond ..Look no further than the current Republican POTUS.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111
"No explanations allowed. Just answer the question.... Yes or no.... Did McCain get the questions ahead of time?" But, but, but... Obama also got the.... "Sorry. Just answer the question. Did McCain get the questions beforehand?"

Politics!!! It sux. All lies. It has nothing to do with truth.

I don't think it is in dispute whether they both got a FEW of the questions before hand.

The questions are

* Why John McCain was not in the "Cone of Silence" during Obama's initial Q&A as he agreed to be, but rather in his limosine.

* Did he tune in or have his staff relay Obama's responses as well as the ENTIRE slate of questions before hand? All of which the "cone of silence" that he AGREED TO was designed to not allow.

* Why did he respond to the Pastor's first question like this given he was never in the agreed "Cone of Silence"?

Mr. Warren started by asking Mr. McCain, “Now, my first question: Was the cone of silence comfortable that you were in just now?”

Mr. McCain deadpanned, “I was trying to hear through the wall.”

* Why did McCain pretend that he had heard the "3 wisest people" question for the first time, when we clearly see that this question was one of the 3 that was given to both candidates?

Many small things that speak to large character flaw. He has HONESTY Issues. Has anyone ever heard the expression "keatings pinkie"? Charles Keating?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Why no uproar at Lord Obama's admitted cheating? Also McCain wanted this forum to be face-to-face. Anyway...it seems like both candidates knew what hard questions were coming. So this whole "cheating" thing is mute.

hotair.com...

And they knew just the right reporter to whisper to, didn’t they? It’s true that Maverick wasn’t in the “cone of silence” when Warren said he was, but then he didn’t need to be — he already knew the hardest questions beforehand. As did Barack Obama, according to Politico:

GIVE OBAMA CREDIT FOR ANSWERING CANDIDLY: “I cheated a little bit. I actually looked at this idea ahead of time, and I think it is a great idea.”

So another home run ends up with an asterisk next to it. Exit quotation from Team McCain’s bruising letter to NBC about how deep in the tank they are for Obama: “John McCain actually requested that he and Barack Obama do the forum together on stage at the same time, making these kinds of after-the-fact complaints moot.”

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm sick and tired of the liberal media and the nutcases that suckle on their teat. Because McCain made Obama look like a complete fool, that HAS to mean that McCain cheated. No WAY Obama, the Messiah, can be outdone. This could have nothing to do with the fact that McCain has core values and countless life experiences and Obama is just an empty suit with no experience or values. It could have nothing to do with the fact that McCain has proven himself to be a great speaker in casual settings and Obama can only read from a script.

McCain is actually honest. He has life experiences. That is why he can answer questions quickly - he HAS answers to the questions that he has learned from living life. Obama has to sit there and try and recall the pre-selected answers his coaches are beating into his head. "Okay, Barack, when you get asked this question, answer this way." McCain doesn't need that because he already knows answers through experiences. He isn't an empty suit like B. Hussein.

This is COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE of her. She should be fired for even MAKING that statement with NO proof. It's COMPLETELY unsubstantiated.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Why no uproar at Lord Obama's admitted cheating? hotair.com...

GIVE OBAMA CREDIT FOR ANSWERING CANDIDLY: “I cheated a little bit. I actually looked at this idea ahead of time, and I think it is a great idea.”

Obama was being humorous in using the word "cheating". He actually was being honest and letting the audience know that his answer had been researched and the question had been given in advance...to BOTH candidates. Why on god's green earth would he say what he said if he didn't want the audience to know it?

There is no other way to interpret this...This is really a stretch at twisting context....

Contrast Obama's honest disclosure before answering this question to McCain's show of giving great thought to the "3 wisest people" question which you yourself pointed out was one of 3 questions given to both the candidates.

Obama let's the audience know he had the question in advance and researched it.

McCain puts on a show of deep thought like he just heard the question for the first time.

Lastly...the discussion isn't about those 3 questions that were given to both candidates...it's about McCain being in his Limo with staff potentially hearing ALL of the questions and Obama's answers rather than in the "Cone of Silence" where he AGREED to be and then lying to the Pastor about it on the first question.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Exactly! Why is it that every time a Republican beats democrats is because of cheating. Combine that with the fact that they always label Republican presidents as stupid racists and you start to see a pattern. All the political sleuths here obviously ignore that, because this is all completely partisan politics.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
I'm sick and tired of the liberal media and the nutcases that suckle on their teat. Because McCain made Obama look like a complete fool, that HAS to mean that McCain cheated. No WAY Obama, the Messiah, can be outdone. This could have nothing to do with the fact that McCain has core values

Yes like his publically expressed hatred of asians.

and countless life experiences

Yes like being a principle in a corruption scandal that cost taxpayers Billions...keating 5
www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

It could have nothing to do with the fact that McCain has proven himself to be a great speaker

Okay.....

McCain is actually honest.

John McCain right? Senator John McCain the guy running for president?

He has life experiences. That is why he can answer questions quickly - he HAS answers to the questions that he has learned from living life.

As far as "life experiences"...McCain is someone that served our country and suffered greatly in a vietnamese prison, came home, cheated on then divorced his wife and married into wealth with his second, got involved in politics and did a great number of shameful things to engratiate himself with the "right" people from opposing civil rights to the Keating Five scandal.....none of which qualifies him to be president.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Pair that with the fact that issues of race are almost ALWAYS brought up by Democrats (McCain has NEVER brought up race but race has been brought up MANY times by B. Hussein and his supporters, advisers and surrogates) and you start to learn what hypocrites liberals really are. To be liberal, you honestly have to ignore all forms of reality and common sense, and you have to lie to even yourself to make "sense" of things.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yes like his publically expressed hatred of asians.

Why? Because he once said "gook"? You spend half a decade of your life in an Asian POW camp eating virtually no food and getting the crap beaten out of you on a daily basis and see if you don't pick up some miniscule amount of hatred towards them. See if you don't get used to calling a group a certain unflattering slang word after that. Please
There are certain times where you're allowed to express distaste. I wouldn't hold it against a Jew that survived the Holocaust for disliking Germans somewhere deep inside. I wouldn't hold it against a black slave for disliking white people somewhere deep inside.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I love this.

IN COLLEGE YOU DO THIS ON AN EXAM YOU NOT ONLY FAIL THE EXAM YOU ARE THROWN OUT OF COLLEGE!

But since its McCain cheating you Neocons love it. Nice to know you love and worship cheating.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join