It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain cheated at Q&A Forum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

My friend, please forgive if I offend but, if you don't vote, you don't have a right to opinion about the candidates, the issues, or the polices of this country. There are only three reasons not to vote that I am aware of. 1) you are underage. 2) you are not a citizen, 3) you are a convicted felon.
Otherwise, there is no excuse. Too many people have fought and died for our right to exercise this franchise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can't kill a free man. The most you can do is kill him.
Robert Anson Heinlein

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Two big things with this McCain "screw up".

First, this goes to show the true character of McCain. He will do anything that might put him ahead.

Second, what a freakin moron. McCain answered the questions before he was even asked. Obviously he knew what the questions where, and he knew he was supposed to be in an isolated green room so he COULDN'T hear the questions. Why would he answer them prior to being asked?

Detective: Did you know your wife has been murded?

Suspect: I had no clue my wife was shot in the face, did you catch the guy?

Detective: I never said she was shot in the face, but here are some hand cuffs for you to put on.

Wow, the suspect is a real idiot. I wouldn't want him to be president, or McCain.

Also nerf rogues.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just as a point of interest, since ATS is a conspiracy board and all... the Cone of Silence is of course a Get Smart reference. I haven't seen the recent movie, but in the TV series, the Cone Of Silence was notorious for not working right.

Could Rev. Warren have been trying to tell us something when he used that phrase?

Here is some info on the COS...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
While I was watching this discussion between Pastor Rick Warren and John Mccain I noticed Mccain said something that stood out to me. It caught my attention and I thought wow, how did he know about that. The question was

Transcript

Q OKAY. WE DON'T HAVE TO GO LONGER ON THAT ONE. DEFINE MARRIAGE.

A UNION -- A UNION BETWEEN MAN AND WOMAN, BETWEEN ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN, THAT'S MY DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE. ARE WE GOING TO GET BACK TO THE IMPORTANCE OF SUPREME COURT JUSTICES.

At that point I don't remember Pastor Warren Discussing Supreme Court Justices with Mccain. This was a question for later and a question that was asked of Obama. Maybe it was just me but I found that Strange that Mccain wants to talk about supreme Court Justices before it was even brought up.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Basically, the forum was not under control as the Reverend thought, or claimed, it was. This casts doubt on the Reverend, the Forum, and McCain. The Reverend suffers loss because he now looks like a fool or liar, his efforts to contribute to true information are made to look worthless and suspicious. On the other hand, why didnt the Reverend make certain that each participant was at the same starting line at the same time? This was a major failure in procedure. If this was an Olympic event, the Forum would be declared a false start, and stopped before it even began.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by havanaja
Basically, the forum was not under control as the Reverend thought, or claimed, it was. This casts doubt on the Reverend, the Forum, and McCain. The Reverend suffers loss because he now looks like a fool or liar, his efforts to contribute to true information are made to look worthless and suspicious. On the other hand, why didnt the Reverend make certain that each participant was at the same starting line at the same time? This was a major failure in procedure. If this was an Olympic event, the Forum would be declared a false start, and stopped before it even began.

I couldn't have said it any better.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by walkinghomer

That is a very good point, homer.

There is no question that McCain had the upper hand ahead of time.

But it just goes to show you that McCain is scared and feels he has to cheat to beat Obama.

And he didnt even capitalize on it like he should've.

Obama still shined.
Even through the feel-good rainbow fluff of McCains sob stories and empty promises, Obama's words still had profound impact on most people watching.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by prestonberryworth

Also, nerf rogues

ALLIANCE FTW!!

Seriously though, i predict this debate, for mccain, to be the mark fuhrman testimony in the OJ case.

If McCain was going to cheat, he sure as hell did a lousy job. The fact that he got busted is going to weigh heavily on the jury's decision (voters opinion)

and i believe the outcome will reflect, greatly, in November.

Its all too easy to use this against McCain.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by walkinghomer

That is a very good point, homer.

There is no question that McCain had the upper hand ahead of time.

But it just goes to show you that McCain is scared and feels he has to cheat to beat Obama.

And he didnt even capitalize on it like he should've.

Obama still shined.
Even through the feel-good rainbow fluff of McCains sob stories and empty promises, Obama's words still had profound impact on most people watching.

Oh man, you guys are really showing your desperation now. Keep it up, because pushing this is making you guys look crazy.

You do realize that at one point in the questioning, Obama said something like, "I knew about his question ahead of time and was thinking about it".

Oh, but I'm sure you're not interested in that though.

Its all too easy to use this against McCain.

More like pathetic.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

You do realize that at one point in the questioning, Obama said something like, "I knew about his question ahead of time and was thinking about it".

It was stated that they were given at least ONE question in advance. But, McCain seemed to have all of the questions before hand. So using that little line, doesn't hold any weight at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Dronetek

It was stated that they were given at least ONE question in advance. But, McCain seemed to have all of the questions before hand. So using that little line, doesn't hold any weight at all.

Doesn't hold weight? What weight do you have? Its a totally baseless claim with no evidence to back it up! Its nothing more than the latest media propaganda campaign for Obama, to cover his latest screw up!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
nevermind

not worth my time

please delete this post of mine

[edit on 8/18/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There is more to information to destroy this latest Obama/media smear job.

corner.nationalreview.com...

Next, McCain, like Obama, knew the first two questions that would be asked of him — the "three wisest people" question and the "greatest moral failure" questions. Both men knew exactly what was coming at the start of the appearance. This morning I talked to A. Larry Ross, who is the media representative for the Saddleback Church, and he told me that Warren "gave both candidates the first two questions because he didn't want them to be nervous…so they would be at ease."

In addition, according to Ross, Obama knew a third specific question that Warren would ask — the one about a "president's emergency plan for adoption." "[Warren] felt that since that was basically asking for a commitment, he felt that it was fair to tell them in advance that he was going to ask them that," Ross told me. So Warren told Obama, and planned to tell McCain when McCain arrived at Saddleback, but wasn't able to because of other distractions. So according to what Ross told me, Obama actually knew one more question in advance than did McCain.

So, Obama actually knew more of the questions ahead of time than Mccain did!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I think they both had a head up.

Ross says the whole event only came about because of the relationship Warren has with both men. He said they all agreed to assure a “level field, “McCain would not hear the questions or Senator Obama’s answers.” The pastor spoke to each candidate this week, giving the general themes. Warren decided to tell them each the first two questions in advance, about the three wisest people you know, and the biggest moral failings.

source

WOW. OK... I am now even more put off by McCain. I watched this forum last night since I missed the first broadcast. I could have sworn that McCain didn't know that particular question about the "3 wisest people" because he really acted like he had to think about it. He even took a few moments and looked to be thinking before giving the third person, the ebay CEO. Dishonest.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I love fabricators who work off of only insinuation and innuendo. I guess if you have no dirt on someone, you have to fabricate it yourself, whether true or not matters not.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
There is more to information to destroy this latest Obama/media smear job.

In addition, according to Ross, Obama knew a third specific question that Warren would ask — the one about a "president's emergency plan for adoption." "[Warren] felt that since that was basically asking for a commitment, he felt that it was fair to tell them in advance that he was going to ask them that," Ross told me. So Warren told Obama, and planned to tell McCain when McCain arrived at Saddleback, but wasn't able to because of other distractions. So according to what Ross told me, Obama actually knew one more question in advance than did McCain.

So, Obama actually knew more of the questions ahead of time than Mccain did!

HONESTY

Dronetek...the way I see it.
When Obama was asked about the "Orphan" question he responded plainly saying ..paraphrasing "I researched this question before this appearance" OTHERWISE Yes he knew the question AND he chose to be honest and let the world know he knew the question rather than play it otherwise to his advantage as if he had the answer off the cuff...

AS OPPOSED TO McCain
Who was given the question about the "3 wisest people" and made a big show of thinking about his answer as if he was searching his thoughts. He had the question and prepared answer beforehand.

I choose the HONEST man. The one who qualifies his answer with a decision to let the people know that he had the question and researched it rather than create a false impression.

AND as far as Obama having one more question before hand...Are you taking into account that McCain opted not to sit in the "cone of silence" like he agreed to and rather sat in the Limo listening to Obama's answers and getting coached by his staff? He had ALL the questions before hand AND Obama's answers.

Like I said, I choose the man who was Honest.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Very well put!

Like I stated earlier, McCain didn't denounce at all about being in isolation, but rather went along with it. I am not supporting either here, but when I see it, I am going to call it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

McCain opted not to sit in the "cone of silence" like he agreed to and rather sat in the Limo listening to Obama's answers and getting coached by his staff? He had ALL the questions before hand AND Obama's answers.

Well, you're just making that last part up. you have no idea what McCain was doing on the way to the debate and he actually got there before the end.

You guys will beleive whatever makes your guy look better, so I'm not going to stop you. Keep it up, you're going to make this election easier for McCain. Your guy is a dud and its become more and more clear everyday.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
I love fabricators who work off of only insinuation and innuendo. I guess if you have no dirt on someone, you have to fabricate it yourself, whether true or not matters not.

If you aren't being sarcastic, and you are one of those "Obama is a muslim" posters then this kind of makes sense. Otherwise...what/who are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

McCain opted not to sit in the "cone of silence" like he agreed to and rather sat in the Limo listening to Obama's answers and getting coached by his staff? He had ALL the questions before hand AND Obama's answers.

Well, you're just making that last part up. you have no idea what McCain was doing on the way to the debate and he actually got there before the end.

Well, you are half right. I "don't know" what McCain was doing before the event, BUT I do have an "Idea"

I am waiting for McCain to come out and simply say that the Limo was running late and he didn't hear any of Obama's answers prior to going out there. What I expect is for McCain and his staff to not respond to it unless cornered and then make a decision about whether they can get away with the lie.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join