It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seventy degrees and freezing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
there were very strange things happening on the eve of my mothers passing, i sat with her and my three sisters all night and even though it was seventy degrees indoors i had to wear a coat as the room was freezing cold and all four of us were shivering, added to that the different aromas that were all around us with no real explanation as to where they were coming from it was quite a weird night, one paticular smell was lily of the valley and we have since learned that my grandmother used to grow these flowers all the time, does this mean my mums mother was there somehow, i keep an open mind

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Seventy degrees usually feels freezing to me... but that's just 'cause I'm from Texas.

Perhaps you are hallicinating the smells? Sometimes I do that when I start to think of a memory, but unconsciously. For example when I think of a certain person I used to know, but don't focus on it, I smell the cigarettes they used to smell.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The time of death is a chilling moment for us all. Still,

I would hope that those who loved me and went before me brought rememberance and flowers and even smell to the moment.

It would make me feel I was being welcomed back into the arms of those I love, rather than leaving behind those who will soon join me.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I will never forget the night my sister passed away, I stood in the hall of the Cardiac care unit, there were 8 of us standing there, you could see my sister on the bed through a window where her nurse would sit while on her watch, as my sister's son and daughter stood over her, holding her hands, she slipped away, those of us in the hall were stunned as we watched a cloud, in the shape of my sister's body, float up over her, and hover, then dissapate like vapor. The hall was permeated with the smell of Aramis, my father's cologne, he passed away 10 years before my sister. I can't recall being any colder than I already was, the hospital was already cold, but everyone there knew that smell, it was my dad's signature cologne.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
sorry about your loss.

but..

Air conditioning maybe?

-

top topics

join