It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make a Homemade Fallout Meter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I came across this while looking for something else, I realy hope it never has to be used and I don't want to be some kind of fear monger but I thought it worth a post anyway.

www.anythingradioactive.com...

Very simple device, it used static electricity so no batteries needed and all you need basicly is foil and a can and some thread.
There are detailed instructions on how to make this device and how to work out the dose rate for the readings given.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well seems nobody else will say it I will. Thanks for sharing this. Stuff like this is very help full to us beginners.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
That would be very useful in case of a nuclear war. It looks easy enough to make. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

no problem, thanks guys
Some people will remember the instructions, I will have to print them out

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i have 7 dosimeter pens and the charger for them
two are 0 to 200 roentgens scale
two are 0 to 600 roentgens scale
three 0 to 200 milliroentgens
www.drct.com...

with a simple string system i can use the 0 to 600 pens to check the outside radiation levels by running one out side for a timed exposure then pull it back inside to read and recharge

the charger i have is a old navy type that does not need batteries.

try that with your homemade system.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There are lots of radiation meters for sale on the surplus market. They may not be stae-of-the-art but they work, they're ruggedand easy to use. You might want to look there first.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Some people just cant afford the proper equipment. For now there is still the day to day survival sucking up all the cash. Little things like getting to work.

In this case the store bought ones may be better but they are awfully expensive. Take the pens for example. From the source given they are $135.00 USD In my house that is one tank full and a half in my jeep, or a tank for me and one for my wife. That doesn't include the car my daughter drives. Or we could choose to pay the light bill for a month.

What ever happened to the pioneer spirit. If you want something make it. I very much encourage people to make their own survival gear.

top topics

join