It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Users limit ignore list?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Obviously we're never going to agree with everybody and on a site like this the opinions go to the extreme. Two opposing oppinions on hot topic or emotional issue might as well be from members of two different species sometimes. Some friction is a given but if you have that much trouble dealing with things without ignoring everybody in sight then the whole problem might not just be other people.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

I agree with you. I want to know what counter-arguments people have. (even though I KNOW they are all wrong and I'm right). LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ok, I’ve changed my mind on the issue.

I think we need an unlimited number of ignores, I reached my limit of 10 today and could easily keep going, with the amount of Trolls, Muppets and Idiots around lately I think it’s needed.

Mikey

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I don't understand this IGNORE label attached to members names. I have never used it, as i view everybody's point of view.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

Good for you. I guess some only want those they agree with

Silly. Just like the FOE thingy. That's for little kids. If i was in charge i would get rid of those two minor details.
'

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Isn't the whole point of being on this site to deny ignorance, so why do we have the ignore button?

Personally i think it's useless as well and i have not and will not use it during my time here because everyones opinion matters and it's not fair to simply ignore someone elses because you don't agree with it.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I don't have anyone on ignore either, but it would not surprise me if I have been placed on other members' Ignore Lists. Just the way these things go. There are people who you will have personality clashes with, strong disagreements with and people you just will down-right dislike.

However, I do not see the harm in allowing each user the option to ignore up to 50 people if they want. It is an amicable alternative to harassing or trolling a person you don't like or agree with. Kind of a way of avoiding confrontation.

But I would strongly encourage other members to take the harder approach by not ignoring other members. Try to appreciate that there are people with very different views to you who you can still get along with, show respect to and most importantly learn from.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Is there any way I can ignore myself? I'm really annoying.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
I think that shows that you are threatened by others views which goes to show that you are insecure in what you believe. hahahahaha

I know, I know.... now I am another person you want to add to your 'ignore list' and the funny thing is, you CAN'T unless you unignore someone else whose views you obviously feel threatened by.

not necessarily. I use the ignore function to weed out at least a fraction of the nonsense that often clutters topics i'm interested in. IT doesn't mean i keep that person on ignore forever, but we all know a certain percentage of posts tend to be of the useless and/or hysterical variety. I there a chance I might miss something relevant? Yes, although I tend to not put someone on ignore unless they prove to me they are clearly not worth my time even glancing over. For this, I choose the ignore function. I'd rather spend that time pondering posts i find helpful and informative.

now, where'd the damn function go? I cant find it in this newest update.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Addressed here.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join